MSpectral Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSpectralDelay

Who's to say it's not needed? I for one like the fact I can change the look of the interface with the choices given to me by the Melda team. If I'm working on a track for hours with a GUI that looks terrible (to me) it's not going to be very pleasant experience. Luckily the developer listened and later offered 3 different skins, but Hornet Spaces originally looked like this by default ... imagine not being able to change this:

The usual ui discussion :D Enough said about it 8)

Anyone else noticed it runs out of sync? Just a simple 4th delay runs hearable out of sync here after 16 bars. May be just a psychological side-effect of the mentioned smearing.

onerob wrote:There are modulators. Check 11:05 in this video.
Cheers, I missed that since I had closed the graph pane.

That's a nice plugin. I missed the Spectral Gate inside Logic Pro X which was pretty unique. I like this kind of lofi mp3 artefacts noise that you can make with Spectral Filters. I use that effect quite often in my music actually so it's cool !

sinemotor wrote:That's a nice plugin. I missed the Spectral Gate inside Logic Pro X which was pretty unique. I like this kind of lofi mp3 artefacts noise that you can make with Spectral Filters. I use that effect quite often in my music actually so it's cool !
It hasn't gone anywhere, unless you don't use Logic anymore..

CinningBao wrote:It hasn't gone anywhere, unless you don't use Logic anymore..
That's correct. I'm an Ableton Live user.

sinemotor wrote:
CinningBao wrote:It hasn't gone anywhere, unless you don't use Logic anymore..
That's correct. I'm an Ableton Live user.
I guess MspectralDelay is a good enough replacement for the moment :)

this is probably user error........

1st I downloaded the license file for MSpectral Delay
I deleted my Melda10 as instructed and updated to the Melda 12 installer
I clicked on the MVintage Rotary which I already have and the free plugs but I could not find MSpectral Delay listed in 12.

I installed everything else,

how do I find, access and install MSpectral Delay?

:dog:

Thanks

KG
Last edited by kgdrum on Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

AL321 wrote:Well, what an awesome plugin!
Really took me by surprise this time. This goes way beyond what i'd call a delay. For me this is more of an ambient soundscape generator. A vocal sample can be turned into a complete fine-tuned landscape using the graphs in the delay and transform section, and sounds more like a complete composition going through a reverb followed by extreme noise reduction that leaves just ghostly resonances (best on buffer 16384).
Agreed!! So true, it may have 'delay' in its name but it is so much more. Don't be fooled by that, thinking 'meh just another delay'.

Definitely a unique soundscape and strange & otherworldly texture generator when using extreme settings. Truly a spectral gem more than just a delay :D

Way too much wild for Elton John!

Bodhisan wrote:
marzelli wrote:naaaaah melda. did they really say in the teaser they've reinvented the delay? well I use Octagon from Sinevibes and the good old Spektral Delay from NI very often which can do these things for years now :shrug:
...but it’s free.
:tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:Shows up as a demo WTF.
You need to download the license file from your account.
Got it, thank you. :oops:

HSum wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:...but it’s free.
Imo this doesn't compensate the Meldaproduction problems (creating an account, the installer, av warnings, the interface, the popups, too much of everything, cpu usage).
common melda related problems, but you forget the "marketing"
HSum wrote:Besides that I wonder how many times they will milk the spectral-cow and what will be the next delay from them :lol:
:D make products, release them, release them as multiband version, release them as auto version, release them as turbo version, release them as spectral version, who knows what comes next :D

Thank you Melda for this amazing plugin for free.

But...I have to say Caution!
The Random button on the upper right corner of this plugin is really really dangerous.
As soon as I pressed it on a whim, over 170 dB screechy sound burst into my ears.
Don't try it even if you set the AGC and Limiter button on. It could still be very loud and break your ears :x
Last edited by Fantasie on Tue May 22, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agreed, spectral shenanigans and random spell DANGER ! Definitely recommend sticking the free Ice9 at the end of the 2-bus to protect your ears (in general, not just for this plugin): https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... /2759-Ice9

Fantasie wrote:Thank you Melda for this amazing plugin for free.

But...I have to say Caution!
The Random button on the upper right corner of this plugin is really really dangerous.
As soon as I pressed it on a whim, over 170 dB screechy sound burst into my ears.
Don't try it even if you set the AGC and Limiter button on. It could still be very loud and break your ears :x
That sounds (no pun intended) like a bug to me; please report it to MeldaProduction, so that they can have a look:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/contact

Did you, by any chance, save the randomised settings as a Preset?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Effects”