[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Looks cool. Unfortunately, the link for a demo doesn't seem to work. When you click for the demo, it just takes you to your account page, where there are no other buttons to actually download the demo. Sad.

I see ripple editing in "what's new" section, but it's not mentioned in videos. Ripple editing is amazing feature if available.

resurrection wrote:
mholloway wrote:which is fine... but.... I'm suprirsed at the lack of anything that's actually, dare I say, New.
Like, what would that be?

They have midi editing, audio editing, mixing, shift/stretch, then what??? New instruments and interface tweaks is all that's left.

You're right, innovation is over, how dare I hope for technology companies to innovate!

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mholloway wrote:
resurrection wrote:
mholloway wrote:which is fine... but.... I'm suprirsed at the lack of anything that's actually, dare I say, New.
Like, what would that be?

They have midi editing, audio editing, mixing, shift/stretch, then what??? New instruments and interface tweaks is all that's left.

You're right, innovation is over, how dare I hope for technology companies to innovate!
Again, part of the reason i like Studio One so much is that it's streamlined, and straight forward. I'd rather not have them take that away, and turn it into a feature monster like Cubase. And, i don't think that's possible even, with the size of their developer team.

Studio One Expert: Everything You Need To Know About Studio One 4

https://youtu.be/77dgZMPWrzM

Some very cool features! But upgrade pricing is quite strange, not that its too much but "Studio One 4 Professional Upgrade from Professional or Producer - all versions" for same price?

Anybody cross grade from Ableton Live? I'm on 9.x, was about to pull the trigger on 10 upgrade. Ableton really missed the mark omitting chord tracks. For those who already switched from Live to S1, how does S1 compare with respect to audio and MIDI routing (which I use A LOT). On another note, what does Studio One chord tracks do that plugins like Scaler, Instachord, Chtulu, etc can't provide.

Producer was a bit different priced, compare to Artist. I think Producer costed about 180 €, while Artist only costs 100 €.

Well - I downloaded and ran it- says licence invalid and wont run, wont run my V3 either- not a great start- it seems to be asking for the serial number of the V3 product which it deleted from my account when I upgraded to V4!

Wont even run in demo mode.

Anyone had success?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote:Producer was a bit different priced, compare to Artist. I think Producer costed about 180 €, while Artist only costs 100 €.
Exactly why it feels not fair having same price for producer and professional upgrade, not only that but it doesnt matter wich version you come from. A bit not fair.

True. As i mentioned earlier, 100 € would be alright, and maybe 149 for the Producer users.

resurrection wrote:They have midi editing
Without being able to record sysex from the MIDI input directly to a MIDI item (to the best of my knowledge), without 14-bit CC support, no MPE support... Oh and what about RPN/NRPN? Some might also want to have articulation mapping, it's nowhere to be found in S1.

That chord track is pretty great, though. Trounces the one in Cubase for sure.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue May 22, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<<<<WARNING>>>>>

Do not upgrade, it deletes your V3 licence (so you can't run old projects) and the new licence also wont run (so you cant run any projects!)

I thought it was just me but its all over the Presonus Forum - possible the worst roll out ever?! :borg:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

<<<<<WARNING>>>>>

Do not upgrade, it deletes your V3 licence (so you can't run old projects) and the new licence also wont run (so you cant run any projects!)

I thought it was just me but its all over the Presonus Forum - possible the worst roll out ever?! :borg:

(posted on both threads to save lives!)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”