[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

simmo75 wrote:And... No MPE as standard.
Funny how stuff which very few controllers support quickly becomes the quasi standard, and immediately is a must have feature every DAW has to support, yesterday.

It looks like a lot with all the details blown out like that, but it’s not really a lot.

The new GUI is very good. I really missed the clearer separations between the GUI objects in v3, and they did it in v4. I will upgrade just because of this and the pattern step sequence r. But i will wait untill 50% discount.

generaldiomedes wrote:It looks like a lot with all the details blown out like that, but it’s not really a lot.
Come on, that's just not true. Impact XT and Sample One XT alone could cost a 100 bucks as separate plugins..

Have they made a demo available for download yet?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Have they made a demo available for download yet?
On Twitter they said it would be in your user account, I see no sign of it.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

alexpander wrote:
generaldiomedes wrote:It looks like a lot with all the details blown out like that, but it’s not really a lot.
Come on, that's just not true. Impact XT and Sample One XT alone could cost a 100 bucks as separate plugins..
Are they locked to the daw ?

dellboy wrote:
alexpander wrote:
Are they locked to the daw ?
No, there are free like the ones in Logic, Cubase, Reaper, Bitwig and Reason...

Patterns have ratcheting and probability. Best of all, there is a built-in notepad on the channel strip. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWKE9NkPLEk

alexpander wrote:I can't understand the moaning of the frustrated. These new features are amazing and definitely worth the upgrade price. I'm happy that Presonus still focuses on modern electronic musicians and not only converted Pro Tools users:

Enhanced GUI (fresh)
New color scheme (needed)
Chord track (nice)
Drum editor (everyone wanted it)
Musical patterns (stepsequencer) (this is huge!)
Impact XT (perfect)
SampleOne XT (even more perfect due to the lightning speed workflow)
Editor and arrangement sync (elegant)
Zoom per track (useful)
Pitch / velocity note color (useful)
Better multi part editing (elegant)
New (midi) note filter (this is huge!)
Better Macrobar
Import/export of song data (great)
AAF support (needed)
Ripple edit (nice)
Track notes (useful)
TBH the update is good with some cool new features but the price for this update, as a professional version owner is steep in my opinion :-) i mean its 149 eu, FL Studio producer edition costs 199 wich is a full standart for wich you get all future updates for free :) I think its a justified update going from V2 Professional but from V3, its insane.

I upgraded, however I am somewhat gutted that S1 still doesn't support mixer-snapshots...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Elektronisch wrote: I think its a justified update going from V2 Professional but from V3, its insane.
I somewhat disagree - if you upgrade via JRR it's a little over 100€ and V3 was released three years ago (with plenty of significant V3 updates during these three years) - that's 33€ a year - and e.g. Tracktion in comparison have the nerve to ask 50€ after ten months or so with little worth mentioning in between full versions of Waveform... (which is why they can get stuffed)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

chk071 wrote:
simmo75 wrote:And... No MPE as standard.
Funny how stuff which very few controllers support quickly becomes the quasi standard, and immediately is a must have feature every DAW has to support, yesterday.
I know! Right?!
Crazy innit!
We like to call it... TECHNOLOGY :lol:

Well, the question is whether or not it is a "standard" feature which everyone has to support. IMO, not really.

chk071 wrote:Well, the question is whether or not it is a "standard" feature which everyone has to support. IMO, not really.
Yes, indeed!
Kind of like when samplers came on the scene in the 80's.
There's a lot of MPE products and more and more are being produced and apparently it's pretty easy to implement it, so why would you choose not to?
That's my feeling on it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”