Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
antic604
KVRian
 
965 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Bitwig - will release v3 by the end of the year, with open modular environment

Reason - will make VSTs work properly, will make the GUI 4K compatible and will ...add Eurorack to the Rack, providing its own selection of base modules while RE developers will be able to build more

Cubase - natural extension of their Chord Track / Assistant features will be some kind of AI or machine learning mechanism that would automatically orchestrate a given melody when provided with set of descriptive parameters for mood, tempo, part of song; also, upon feeding it with reference track it'll add & sequence similar sounds around aforementioned melody & chords :)
Live 10 / Bitwig 2 / Reason 10 / Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
SparkySpark
KVRian
 
1097 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Yeah maybe Cubase will turn into Band-in-a-box if they're not careful. ;)

(Thanks for the comments on Cubase BTW.)
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
 
3071 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Postby Kalamata Kid; Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Rumor has it that FL Stdio 20 will be released on the 20th or the 21st of May of this year.
Is it a rumor or it it a fact?

Really looking forward to the FLS 20 :love: release to see what new toys and work flow improvement there will be to this near perfect DAW. "Near perfect DAW", yes this is my opinion. If you do not agree that means you are wrong! :hihi:
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
 
650 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Postby zenophilix; Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Kalamata Kid wrote:"Near perfect DAW", yes this is my opinion. If you do not agree that means you are wrong! :hihi:

You're contradicting yourself.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
21662 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Wed May 09, 2018 2:11 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Ableton will sell themselves to Gibson who will run them into the ground before selling them off for peanuts.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
11370 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Waiting for Mulab 8 and Reaper 6, not sure which one I will opt for...
chk071
KVRAF
 
15739 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.
Riansky
KVRist
 
43 posts since 26 Oct, 2014

Postby Riansky; Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

chk071 wrote:I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.

Because you can't create an empty midi clip.
chk071
KVRAF
 
15739 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu May 10, 2018 2:28 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Riansky wrote:
chk071 wrote:I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.

Because you can't create an empty midi clip.

You mean that's why fls doesn't give it a go, or why YOU don't give it a go?

That's bad though, i wasn't even aware of that. Wonder why some devs are so reluctant to things which are absolutely bog standard.
User avatar
soulone82
KVRian
 
814 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Thu May 10, 2018 4:04 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Aloysius wrote:Ableton will sell themselves to Gibson who will run them into the ground before selling them off for peanuts.


:hihi:
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
11370 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 10, 2018 4:12 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

chk071 wrote:
Riansky wrote:
chk071 wrote:I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.

Because you can't create an empty midi clip.

You mean that's why fls doesn't give it a go, or why YOU don't give it a go?

That's bad though, i wasn't even aware of that. Wonder why some devs are so reluctant to things which are absolutely bog standard.


I don't even know what an empty Midi clip is good for.
Regardless of that, I didn't like Sonar when it was still commercial, why would I like it now that it is free?
It was bloated and not overly solid the last time I tried it.

Why would the new owner give it away for free, anyway? Sounds suspicious to me. What is that "BandLab Assistant client" that one has to use according to their site?
chk071
KVRAF
 
15739 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

A quick Google search should answer most of those questions. :P
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
11370 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 10, 2018 5:01 am Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

chk071 wrote:A quick Google search should answer most of those questions. :P


Google searches would render KVR pointless.
We are here because we do not want to Google :wink:
User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
 
14435 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Thu May 10, 2018 12:04 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

ftfy wrote:Bandlab Sonar Polonium perhaps?
User avatar
tonedef71
KVRian
 
817 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Tue May 22, 2018 5:24 pm Re: Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Who would have predicted that FL Studio 20 and PreSonus Studio One 4 would both be released on the same day in May of 2018?
[Intel Core i7 820QM | 32GB DDR3 | Waveform 8; Studio One 3 Pro; FLS 12.5; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)