[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I'll be posting a complete line up art gallery style .... still waiting for Mojito XT to drop, maybe we will see that in 4.5..maybe I'll wait till then :D.

But I will say that, if Presonus keep failing to include the ability to provide proper GUI scaling with instruments and effects, they are going to run into similar problems as Propellerheads, having to re-code and do a lot of image editing with everything.

Still disappointed to see nothing regarding video thumbnails on the timeline, and having seen AAF Import / Export, initially for the first time, I had my hopes raised that they actually did something with that...sadly not.. Nothing changed with the video player, I guess either. No looping controls, not even multiple-video windows.. ect...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Highly doubtful mojito will get an update. I think that if they make another synth it will be from the ground up and we will not see it until version 5, perhaps a wavetable or granular synth. In the meantime I think that the people who are making the most noise about not being happy with v4 will certainly be happy with the point updates before v5 gets here.

I'll be posting a complete line up art gallery style
Please don't. :) I think we've all suffered long enough with your ego trips where you claim you "designed" every daw. :hihi:

We need to find you a good graphic design forum where you can post all of your same pictures over, and over, and over and over and over and over and over and over.

patchhunter wrote:Highly doubtful mojito will get an update. I think that if they make another synth it will be from the ground up
True. They just kinda did exactly that with Mai Tai. I'm not a synth patch creating guy but I'm not quite sure what a new Mojito would or could do that MaiTai is not already capable of.

rodanmusic wrote:I hope JRShop comes back with the upgrade.

I want to buy it for that discounted rate lol.
They either ran out of serials already or they got a slap on the wrist from Presonus. They had Studio One 4 on their site last night for sale before the official announcement came out. :dog:

patchhunter wrote:Highly doubtful mojito will get an update. I think that if they make another synth it will be from the ground up and we will not see it until version 5, perhaps a wavetable or granular synth. In the meantime I think that the people who are making the most noise about not being happy with v4 will certainly be happy with the point updates before v5 gets here.
Wavetable and granular synthesis, is something I don't think Presonus would follow a path down synth wise.. but Presonus does bring out the weirdest of things for Studio One that wasn't ever requested by it's users (not by it's FR feature requests), and charge a small fortune for them with more addons.

Attracting more Reason users that rely on wavetable and granular type of instruments that they have now could be an angle. NI Reaktor has a big stake when it comes to granular instruments...which muddies the possibility further...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

AudioDeluxe has Upgrade to Pro from any Pro/Producer version for $126.99 in cart price
Say NO to CLAP!

I had massive issues with plugin scanning on a Mac under Studio One V3. It is not uncommon that DAWs crash while scanning plugins. However, Studio One does not seem to blacklist plugins that cause a crash and goes into an infinite plugin scan - crash loop. I could only remedy that by removing all plugins and then moving them back into the plugin folder in groups and restarting multiple times. I had to do that dance every couple of weeks. This was so annoying that I ended up removing Studio One from my system altogether.

Does anybody know if the plugin scanning on a Mac has been improved under Studio One V4?

There are some features in Studio One 4 that are really tempting but without stable plugin scanning it is pretty much worthless.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Im sure some people will love this...you cant have everything at once of course...the request list will probably be slowly dribbled out over . releases

that said...cubase has much better chord track integration and editing capacity

reaper is far superior in everything but UI (which I think S1 is actually strong at aside from always having tool bars and transport visible) and far cheaper...the developers really just dont bother with the nonsense

the new instruments are very superficial crowd pleasers imo...most people will already have similar functionality...the pattern sequencer is well cribbed from geist it seems...

sampler adsr needs to be on the wave form...

pitch/tape timestretch was all i wanted so ill wait for the .5 release

i really wish the marketing would not patronise customers with the hipster nonsense....just make the software a transparent tool for doing what you want easily and you wont even need to shine it all up in some out of touch package for the kids....

thats all the useless complaining i have for now

jens wrote:I upgraded, however I am somewhat gutted that S1 still doesn't support mixer-snapshots...
+100
Me too

mgw38 wrote:I had massive issues with plugin scanning on a Mac under Studio One V3. It is not uncommon that DAWs crash while scanning plugins. However, Studio One does not seem to blacklist plugins that cause a crash and goes into an infinite plugin scan - crash loop. I could only remedy that by removing all plugins and then moving them back into the plugin folder in groups and restarting multiple times. I had to do that dance every couple of weeks. This was so annoying that I ended up removing Studio One from my system altogether.

Does anybody know if the plugin scanning on a Mac has been improved under Studio One V4?

There are some features in Studio One 4 that are really tempting but without stable plugin scanning it is pretty much worthless.
I just tried the V4 demo. The plugin scanning is now external and there's an option to abort a plugin scan if it hangs. For the record though, I'm on Mac also and didn't have any problems with plugin scanning in V3. Some older plugins would get blacklisted (like DCAM), but never a crash loop.

Seing more videos and how some people show Patterns, its nice to see this feature because it gives a little bit of FL Studio workflow :) I wonder if that was inspired by FLS popularity :)

bundoo wrote:Im sure some people will love this...you cant have everything at once of course...the request list will probably be slowly dribbled out over . releases

reaper is far superior in everything but UI (which I think S1 is actually strong at aside from always having tool bars and transport visible) and far cheaper...the developers really just dont bother with the nonsense

the new instruments are very superficial crowd pleasers imo...most people will already have similar functionality...the pattern sequencer is well cribbed from geist it seems...

i really wish the marketing would not patronise customers with the hipster nonsense....just make the software a transparent tool for doing what you want easily and you wont even need to shine it all up in some out of touch package for the kids....

I have Cubase 9.5 and S1 4 - having now used the both side by side I realy can’t see any way In which Cubase chord track is better, S1 is in a totally different league here with audio detection and transpose. I also think S1 now has better drum/step editing than Cubase and the sampler is now more versatile and useful than Cubase sampler (track). They are signifigant features for many people.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I realy can’t see any way In which Cubase chord track is better,
Would actually like to know if S1's chord track also has the adaptive voicing (minimizing note jumps between chords) and inversion features that Cubase has? It looks a bit simpler than the one in Cubase but it has the audio features that Cubase doesn't.

SLiC wrote:
bundoo wrote:Im sure some people will love this...you cant have everything at once of course...the request list will probably be slowly dribbled out over . releases

I have Cubase 9.5 and S1 4 - having now used the both side by side I realy can’t see any way In which Cubase chord track is better, S1 is in a totally different league here with audio detection and transpose. I also think S1 now has better drum/step editing than Cubase and the sampler is now more versatile and useful than Cubase sampler (track). They are signifigant features for many people.
cubase can tie chord track to variaudio...for detection and transposing etc

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”