Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:EastWest told me there is only a separate bundle for the Hollywood Solo Series Gold. They said the only way to get the Solo Series Diamond as a Bundle is together with Hollywood Orchestra Diamond.
Weird. Can’t imagine the logic behind that. Still, it was very kind of you to check. Thank you!

If anyone bought VocalSynth from JRR Shop earlier this month and qualifies for the lower priced $49, $79, or $99 upgrades/crossgrades, please PM me and I'll get you taken care of.

You’re the Uncle, man :tu:

mgw38 wrote:
Feelshallright wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Couldn't find Studio One 4 Professional Upgrade at jrrshop.
Is it/will it be available soon?
It was available this morning, but was pulled away. No explanation.
Uncle E put it up pre announcement. I have a certain feeling that some people did not like that. ;)
I think Presonus is having issues with serial numbers/authorization codes based on their forums. It probably has something to do with that.

Edited - it seems installing version 4 deletes version 3 authorization. So if you are in the middle of a project, it would be a very bad thing.

Hi

Totally lost with the Izotope vocalsynth 2 CROSSGRADES. On izotope site it says you qualify for crossgrade price (99$) if you own any izotope product. On plugin boutique site they say if you own any standard, advanced or elements. on JRR site they say if you own Standard or advanced product.....

i own ozone elements, stutter edit, some FX. Do i qualify for the crossgrade price on JRR for example? is the crossgrade at 99$ different or the same on those sites?

thanx a lot for any help

Perhaps you should look into your iZotope account and check which upgrade vouchers you have...

martinjuenke wrote:Perhaps you should look into your iZotope account and check which upgrade vouchers you have...
I wouldn't bother, I have Music Production Bundle 2, which came with the original Vocalsynth, and bought Breaktweaker, Iris 2 and Trash 2 separately, and got DDelay for nowt when it was first released but I see upgrade options to Creative Suite from the Creative Bundle which I don't own, alongside plenty of other upgrades I can't take advantage of as I upgraded from Neutron to MBP2.

Given that they have a record of all the individual and bundle purchases, why can't they just send you upgrade options relevant to those purchases, and then make those upgrade paths somewhat more comprehensible, it's just a mess as it stands now.

shonky wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Perhaps you should look into your iZotope account and check which upgrade vouchers you have...
I wouldn't bother, I have Music Production Bundle 2, which came with the original Vocalsynth, and bought Breaktweaker, Iris 2 and Trash 2 separately, and got DDelay for nowt when it was first released but I see upgrade options to Creative Suite from the Creative Bundle which I don't own, alongside plenty of other upgrades I can't take advantage of as I upgraded from Neutron to MBP2.

Given that they have a record of all the individual and bundle purchases, why can't they just send you upgrade options relevant to those purchases, and then make those upgrade paths somewhat more comprehensible, it's just a mess as it stands now.
This! I have all sorts of options I can't use on my account. And few options I am interested in. But I have Nectar Production Suite and am thinking since I can't see using a vocoder or talkbox, this is pretty useless. Anyone try it out yet? I saw something about harmony that looks interesting, but not sure if it adds much to what I have

This whole thing with the available options from iZotope was discussed somewhere round here before. As far as i'm aware if the option is listed in your account you can use it, regardless of the qualification criteria.

The whole thing is a mess like most of iZotope's promo campaigns. I guess they just offer up everything to customers that already have a bunch of stuff.

dzilizzi wrote:
shonky wrote:

This! I have all sorts of options I can't use on my account. And few options I am interested in. But I have Nectar Production Suite and am thinking since I can't see using a vocoder or talkbox, this is pretty useless. Anyone try it out yet? I saw something about harmony that looks interesting, but not sure if it adds much to what I have
iZotope marketing is really stupid/lazy, they don´t bother to use the information what they have about the client´s situation, and tailor the messages according to that. This is just lazynes, they think they save money, but in fact they loose business by using mass marketing in stead of target marketing.
The best targeted deals have been in JRR, e.g. I upgrade my MPB2 to the MPS, and accordingly there is now to the MPS owners tailored offer about the VocalSynth2.
Best option is to follow the vendor/dealer marketing.

iZotope is not the only big developer, who doesn´t care to use their customer data for tailoring their messages/marketing, this kind of stupidity of surprizingly common. :dog:

I agree / concur / commiserate

Totally in agreement. I'm not even considering any update until the dust settles...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

shonky wrote:I see upgrade options to Creative Suite from the Creative Bundle which I don't own, ...
If I am not completely mistaken, the Creative Bundle was the first bundle they put out. Back then they did not give it its own serial. When you bought the Creative Bundle (which I did) you just got separate serials for the individual products. The Creative Bundle itself does not show up anywhere in my account. It might very well be that they no longer really know who actually bought the bundle and just give this voucher to anybody who has all products that were in the bundle.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Harry_HH wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
shonky wrote:

iZotope marketing is really stupid/lazy, they don´t bother to use the information what they have about the client´s situation, and tailor the messages according to that. This is just lazynes, they think they save money, but in fact they loose business by using mass marketing in stead of target marketing.
The best targeted deals have been in JRR, e.g. I upgrade my MPB2 to the MPS, and accordingly there is now to the MPS owners tailored offer about the VocalSynth2.
Best option is to follow the vendor/dealer marketing.

iZotope is not the only big developer, who doesn´t care to use their customer data for tailoring their messages/marketing, this kind of stupidity of surprizingly common. :dog:
This is true. JRR is almost always going to have a better price than most for iZotope stuff, and his marketing is going to be easier to discern.

Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Fri May 25, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”