VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Ohmforce is back with an updated delay plugin:

https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity

They have an early access program

Some interesting sounds but it's a crowded field these days...

That link mentions that release day target is 4/2018.
Now it's almost June.
Maybe they should update that product page?

Ohmforce wrote:the UI won't burn your eyes...
The Ohmies have lost their edge. They always used to be about the eye-searing UIs.

Still, I've paid them some money for old times' sake. And to get another delay.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Ohmforce wrote:the UI won't burn your eyes...
The Ohmies have lost their edge. They always used to be about the eye-searing UIs.

Still, I've paid them some money for old times' sake. And to get another delay.
This isn't the final UI...
Ohmforce wrote:"the UI won't burn your eyes... but it will be completely reskinned for release."

elxsound wrote:
Ohmforce wrote:"the UI won't burn your eyes... but it will be completely reskinned for release."
Good point. My eyes are ready. Drops are on hand.

I'm definitely curious about this especially since I love Ohmboyz still, but $99 to beta test is a bit steep without knowing what's to come.

If its great, I'll be happy to pay full price on release.

For any early adopters, I'd love to hear your opinions.

Gamma-UT wrote:
elxsound wrote:
Good point. My eyes are ready. Drops are on hand.
Bring the burn.

Any upgrade price yet? I have most of there stuff. I love their wacky GUIs. NKS support would be nice
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Link for demo?

I'm thinking that €99 is the upgrade price ... but hopefully I'm wrong ;)

Yikes, I have strong nostalgic love for the Ohmies, but $99 for a delay is way out of line for today's market. Probably going to pass.
A well-behaved signature.

I have to admit, I was immediately excited when I saw this thread. Ohmboyz was one of my first VSTs many moons ago. I think the limited edition blue GUI is quite eye-catching and I'm intrigued enough by this marketing to really want to try it out...but as others have mentioned, that price is steep steep steep. Hmmm....

JerGoertz wrote:Yikes, I have strong nostalgic love for the Ohmies, but $99 for a delay is way out of line for today's market. Probably going to pass.
It will cost more by the time it gets to market :shrug: It looks like they're pitching it as a whole new product, rather than Ohmboyz 2

And it looks like they might have booted preset morphing :scared:

Russell Grand wrote:I have to admit, I was immediately excited when I saw this thread. Ohmboyz was one of my first VSTs many moons ago. I think the limited edition blue GUI is quite eye-catching and I'm intrigued enough by this marketing to really want to try it out...but as others have mentioned, that price is steep steep steep. Hmmm....
My thoughts exactly.

Return to “Effects”