Need Upper Frequencies Help Desperately

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So here's what I did. I went through the tambourine track again to see what I did to it as far as processing. I noticed I put a transient shaper on it to bring it out more. So I yanked that way the hell down. The limiter is now showing the input peaking at -10 db. Certainly this can't be too loud. My only concern now is that it's still audible. If you can listen (at the 1:50 mark through the breakdown) and let me know, I'd appreciate it. I think I can hear it barely but I don't trust my ears.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -version-2

Maybe look into getting something like Melda MMultiAnalyzer or Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi (there might be free alternatives) which allow different overlaid graphs for each track to identify loudness and frequency collisions relative to the complete mix

p.s. the volume level of the tambourine in that second version definitely sits better in the mix

mcbpete wrote:Maybe look into getting something like Melda MMultiAnalyzer or Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi (there might be free alternatives) which allow different overlaid graphs for each track to identify loudness and frequency collisions relative to the complete mix

p.s. the volume level of the tambourine in that second version definitely sits better in the mix
Thanks. That's all I need for now. The rest I'll have to work on.

I just got the word from my partner at Gearslutz that the tambourine is fine now and told me to move onto the next track.

What did you do to get down to 5k at your age?! 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:What did you do to get down to 5k at your age?! 8)
How do I know? And why are you even here if you're not going to help? Please, I don't need you putting your 2 cents into this thread so just go away.

Was just googling for plugins that emulate tape machines, but it seems they are about sound quality aspects such as saturation, not pitch manipulation.
I wonder why DAW's don't offer the possibility to play a tune at different pitches depending on the bpm set...

wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:What did you do to get down to 5k at your age?! 8)
How do I know? And why are you even here if you're not going to help? Please, I don't need you putting your 2 cents into this thread so just go away.
Nah, this being a public forum and all, I post anywhere I like :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Fine, but do me a favor. Don't talk to me. Don't ask me any questions. Don't give me any advice. Post all you want. Just leave me alone. I in turn will give you the same courtesy. I have nothing to say to you. Do we understand each other?

wagtunes wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Fine, but do me a favor. Don't talk to me. Don't ask me any questions. Don't give me any advice. Post all you want. Just leave me alone. I in turn will give you the same courtesy. I have nothing to say to you. Do we understand each other?
Definitely not, I don't understand people like you.
Again, I post anything I like, including questions to anyone. If you don't reply, that is your business...

wagtunes wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Definitely not, I don't understand people like you.
Again, I post anything I like, including questions to anyone. If you don't reply, that is your business...
Then I will report you for harassment if you continue to bother me.

That I am sure you will understand when the mods tell you to leave me alone.

wagtunes wrote:Then I will report you for harassment if you continue to bother me.

Harassment? Because I asked you how come your hearing is so bad, which you stated in this very thread? You are bonkers :hihi: And only a moron of a moderator will agree with you...

wagtunes wrote:Then I will report you for harassment if you continue to bother me.

Harassment? Because I asked you how come your hearing is so bad, which you stated in this very thread? You are bonkers :hihi: And only a moron of a moderator will agree with you...
No, because you and I have a long history and I'm tired of it. In case you haven't noticed, I have totally stayed out of your way for quite some time now. And it was nice. Let's keep it that way.

Actually, no, I have not noticed, probably because my world doesn't revolve around you :wink:

Now, get back to the topic 8)

I do agree with many that mixing with your ears only is far more natural and intuitive for a musician, but sometimes the visual aspects of looking at the graphical displays of spectrum visualizers and oscilloscopes can be quite helpful, educational and even somewhat intriguing. Took me a few years before I was ready for that step that though, and still I feel like I'm a rookie when I read how knowledgeable some of the guys on this forum are :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Production Techniques”