[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

aMUSEd wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: btw is this the same sampler in S1 3 that you have to pay to add editing features to? So is there still an additional cost if you want to actually create your own instruments?
Sample One XT is the new upgraded drag and drop Sample One sampler. It actually samples live now.

Presence XT is the included sample player instrument with the core instrument libraries.

The "What's New" page at Presonus has "Virtual Instruments – Presence XT Editor" listed with a few new features, but it's not clear if that editor is now included with the DAW, or just referenceing an upgrade to the paid editor add-on.
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/whats-new
Yeah but I don't get that, why only enable audio sampling in the cut down mini sampler but not the fully fledged sampler that can actually create sample instruments? (if addon enabled). For that matter why have the 2 of them anyway?
I dunno. Not a big fan of Presence, or any bundled instruments that I cannot use in another DAW. It offers something for new DAW users that have not yet invested in Kontakt, for example. It you want to create sample instruments, Kontakt is the 800lb gorilla, if you wish to float the mainstream.

But from what I have seen and read, Sample One XT may be the best sampler yet integrated with any core DAW. Not for creating instruments, but for capturing sounds from any source, including inputs, tracks, virtual instruments, and then slicing, looping, mangling them, etc. So it looks like a great workflow for capturing and workng with raw samples. This and the new step sequencer will probably make a lot of beats and loops musicians very happy.
PreSonus—Marcus Huyskens Studio One 4 tips: Sample One XT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96OMEiuHLHM
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hmmm, that does indeed look like it's scaled up, maybe 25%. On my monitors I don't see any scale difference from 3.5.6, so there is perhaps something else going on. Do you have scaling on in Windows? Maybe 4.0 just defaults to follow the Windows setting now (which I would agree is not necessarily a good thing if that's the case).

In any case, I don't feel that they've rushed this release. It's been behaving very stably for me so far, at least with old projects that I've tested at this point. Contrast that to my experience with Cubase 9.5 when it launched and this Studio One 4.0 looks positively rock solid.

As for the scaling issue, have you posted a thread in the Presonus forum? Maybe someone has an answer. I didn't see anything in my setting, so it does seem like an omission or bug since I agree it should not have scaled up, or at least it should offer you the ability to turn off scaling.

Early adopters are a very welcome benefit to any software company...

Free Beta testers who have paid for the experience :wink:

But I prefer to wait a little until a more stable release is available because it is too frustrating trying to work with the bugs and the crashes...

Especially with something so central to music production as a DAW :party:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:Early adopters are a very welcome benefit to any software company...

Free Beta testers who have paid for the experience :wink:

But I prefer to wait a little until a more stable release is available because it is too frustrating trying to work with the bugs and the crashes...

Especially with something so central to music production as a DAW :party:
Everyone has different reasons to upgrade and their timing of course. Some people love to go to opening night for Star Wars or Marvel movies. Back in the day, some would even camp out to get tickets in the rain. And there was always a guy who thought they were insane as he drove by, sometimes puzzled, sometimes laughing, and thought he'd just catch the movie when it comes out on VHS. Whatever works for folks, doesn't bother me.

But then there were the guys who walked up to the people in line and had to point it out to them. Guess you're one of those.

I'll get the upgrade tomorrow. Really looking forward to using the - Impact XT - step sequencer - chord track - refined GUI. As comparisons are always popular, i didn't find anything in the latest Cubase full and point releases, which made a upgrade compelling for me. Yes, it is an expensive upgrade, and i'd rather see it 100 €, or lower, but, fair enough prices at online shops with a discount.

Definitely you're going to want to use something else for slicing up existing audio.
Sample One XT is not particularly good at it imo.

This is looking good. I feel the discounted upgrade price at online shops such as AudioDeluxe is probably worth it. Lock in several years of free updates with 4.0.

I think that the chord track is something I have been looking for, and was even considering Cubase for a while after a demo last year. Sorry, Steinberg...

I have seen a lot of whining from folks that claim to be musicians, but don't see the need for a chord track, and that they would rather have seen their favorite feature implemented instead. Understood, but the prototyping value of being able to switch chord progressions on the fly and hear your composition in context could be very inspirational, and a huge time saver. Yes, you could manually edit all of your tracks, to match what you hear in your head, but why would you not want to do it with a few clicks instead? Yup, that has been an often requested feature on several DAW forums...

ionekvr wrote:Hmmm, that does indeed look like it's scaled up, maybe 25%. On my monitors I don't see any scale difference from 3.5.6, so there is perhaps something else going on. Do you have scaling on in Windows? Maybe 4.0 just defaults to follow the Windows setting now (which I would agree is not necessarily a good thing if that's the case).

In any case, I don't feel that they've rushed this release. It's been behaving very stably for me so far, at least with old projects that I've tested at this point. Contrast that to my experience with Cubase 9.5 when it launched and this Studio One 4.0 looks positively rock solid.

As for the scaling issue, have you posted a thread in the Presonus forum? Maybe someone has an answer. I didn't see anything in my setting, so it does seem like an omission or bug since I agree it should not have scaled up, or at least it should offer you the ability to turn off scaling.
No, other than the chord tool widget they added to the transport bar, you get the same over bloated GUI in 3.56 when Hi DPI is enabled. They have had to re-add things they removed in previous releases between 3.0 and 4.0 after having removed them. I've been using Studio One since version 2.6 back in Nov 2014 when I moved from Reason 7.0. I've been using Daws on the PC platform since the year 2000.

For the time being, I'll be sticking to SO 3.5.6. I can work around Studio One's bugs if there are any and get on with making music whilst others complain and eventually get Presonus to fix them. But I draw the line in which Presonus deliberately cripple functionality at the expense of meeting a release date.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Well, it's definitely a valid concern, so I hope they get the HiDPI thing resolved soon. Good luck with it. Here's an active thread discussing 4K support, maybe the issue will pop up or you could ask: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=30277

The upgrade price for v3 Professional owners is too high, what a nice way to reward your highest paying customers! :roll:

On the subject of High-DPI mode, this is what the Studio One 4 manual states:
(Under "General Options" ...) Enable High-DPI Mode (Windows only, on by default) Enables Studio One to optimize its UI to match the scaling of a high-resolution display. If you have a display with a more standard resolution (such as 1920 x 1080 pixels), you can disable this option. For more information, see High DPI Mode.

High DPI Mode (Windows Only)

If you're running Windows with a high-resolution display (4k, 2560 x 1440, or similar), you can change the DPI scaling value in Windows, which governs how your computer's UI is scaled on your display. Depending on the size and distance of your display, values between 100-200% may be optimal. You can change this and other display settings by going to Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Display.

Enabling High DPI Mode in Studio One lets its engine automatically scale the Studio One UI to match the DPI scaling setting in the Windows Control Panel. This gives you the best display quality, preventing the fuzzy effect sometimes seen when this scaling is done by the operating system.

If you're using a display with a standard resolution (such as 1920 x 1080 pixels), you can disable High DPI Mode.

Mac OS manages display resolutions differently, and thus, no High DPI Mode is needed when using Studio One with a Mac.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

iosys wrote:The upgrade price for v3 Professional owners is too high, what a nice way to reward your highest paying customers! :roll:
Considering that you will get about 3 years of free updates for a leading DAW, that works out to less than $50 per year, if you buy the upgrade at a discount. The developers need to get paid, as nobody can work for free... :roll:

IMO, that sounds reasonable. :tu:

But if that breaks your budget, there are other free options available for making music. :party:

+1 :)

Again, can get it as low as 108 € on online shops. That'd be more like 36 € a year. I pay more for my MS Office subscription.

zzz00m wrote:
iosys wrote:The upgrade price for v3 Professional owners is too high, what a nice way to reward your highest paying customers! :roll:
Considering that you will get about 3 years of free updates for a leading DAW, that works out to less than $50 per year, if you buy the upgrade at a discount. The developers need to get paid, as nobody can work for free... :roll:

No one is disputing that, but there should be a lower price for Pro 3 owners compared to Producer and previous version users, it's not fair that they are the same.

aMUSEd wrote:
zzz00m wrote:

No one is disputing that, but there should be a lower price for Pro 3 owners compared to Producer and previous version users, it's not fair that they are the same.
I don't wish to see Presonus become the next Cakewalk. I actually think that they should charge more, and hopefully to remain in business. IMHO, they probably are underestimating the cost of doing business, but wish to remain competitive. These are giveaway prices for the value provided, again just my opinion...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”