---

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

irism wrote:Now since they released the DAW, I'll be waiting for their plugins to be ported to AU format for macOS.

Can't wait to get my hands on Harmor and Vocodex.
I'm hoping the first thing they do is make the current VST Mac alphas that have been in limbo for years, 64 bit so they work in modern hosts.

That and fix the Edison bug that makes it unusable and enlarge Sytrus.

EnGee wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:Is the next release going to be 14? Or 21?... This is all very "windows 10" :hihi:
Personally, I don't care ... if they call it .... Trump! :hihi:
too far! :)

pekbro wrote:It will be interesting to see if they make a linux version
I wouldn't hold my breath, if it ever happens it won't be any time soon.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fl Studio does work pretty good with playonlinux/wine and there is a tutorial how to install it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FL_Studio/comm ... _on_linux/

Vortifex wrote:Let me quote directly from Image Line's Scott on their forums regarding linux:

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 1#p1290461
Thanks, I don't care about linux support :D... I don't use it currently. Anyway, his sentiments
are pretty much exactly what I suspected in the post just afterwards.

I was just sayin...

-Cheers

I'd even say that Linux on the audio app market rather makes less than 1 %. That's also what people don't get when talking about Macs. Those have a considerably share of the market, even when they only have a small share on the general home computer market.

In the end, the end user can only be glad about it. Imagine they'd support Linux for the (maybe) 1 % of users, thus have to spend a lot of time and effort in supporting the platform, testing, and finding out about the differences to the other platforms. People are already shouting when their "must have" feature, which they await for 10 versions now, doesn't get implemented in the newest version. And now devs even have less time for that, because they have to deliver to a very small amount of people. Not good.

an-electric-heart wrote:Is the next release going to be 14? Or 21?... This is all very "windows 10" :hihi:
They explained it months ago that the next version will be 20 to celebrate 20 years of Fruity Loops/FL Studio which means that the next one will be 21.

But, I personally think they skipped the number 13 and the 13th version because of superstition like many companies did it in the past with their products. It comes a time for a 13th version that becomes "X3" or something, just skip the number 13 by any means...
However, in their case that would be obvious so they were like:"Hmmmm, 20 years?! Let's go straight to 20th version".
:D

They just wanted to skip their teens

Man I wish they would work on the plugin management. It's customizable enough, but
fixing things up is a lot of work. You have to make custom categories, then put them in
there, then make all the thumbnails that don't generate properly.

About the worst system ever imo. At least until you get it all manually sorted.

-rant

chk071 wrote:I'd even say that Linux on the audio app market rather makes less than 1 %. That's also what people don't get when talking about Macs. Those have a considerably share of the market, even when they only have a small share on the general home computer market.

In the end, the end user can only be glad about it. Imagine they'd support Linux for the (maybe) 1 % of users, thus have to spend a lot of time and effort in supporting the platform, testing, and finding out about the differences to the other platforms. People are already shouting when their "must have" feature, which they await for 10 versions now, doesn't get implemented in the newest version. And now devs even have less time for that, because they have to deliver to a very small amount of people. Not good.
The Linux market could grow beyond 1% if it was well supported.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

brainzistor wrote:
They explained it months ago that the next version will be 20 to celebrate 20 years of Fruity Loops/FL Studio which means that the next one will be 21.

But, I personally think they skipped the number 13 and the 13th version because of superstition like many companies did it in the past with their products. It comes a time for a 13th version that becomes "X3" or something, just skip the number 13 by any means...
However, in their case that would be obvious so they were like:"Hmmmm, 20 years?! Let's go straight to 20th version".
:D
For sure, when I first read it, I thought it was a joke. But the marketing explained it, and it makes sense. :tu:

I'm really happy with the multiple playlists feature. Nice for sound design and has great synergy with Studio One's scratchpads when running FL as a VST in S1.

Happy 20th anniversary, the new FL studio is awesome

Congrats! Cool update.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”