echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

on the way back from my stag do in dam, on the train, we ate a lot of hashish before we reached the border. ended up tripping balls in some jazz club in belgium.
cant help it if i found the eurojazzers amusing, using "hep cat" type terminology in beat poetry form over a jazz trio. like being in some 50s b n w movie, everyone wearing black polo necks, dark glasses and berets.
all drinking pernod and smoking galois (those where the days, when you could still smoke in jazz clubs...) all acting like they want to be noticed for not being noticed, an existential quandary in front of me.
all i needed was a kid to run in off the street and give "alonzi! alonzi! gendarme!" and id have been in heaven.

of course, the amount of hash we ate, it could have easily just been a "café".
but all of us, 9 in all. remember the same place.

Do you get visuals when you eat? I (used to) get extremely vivid ones (been a few decades). I once hallucinated Far Side cartoons all over our sideboard. At least it was easier to get rid of the stain than one from the guy who hallucinated all over the ceiling.

While at uni in Manchester, I was on the dance floor with a mate. We're dancing and he turns to me to say "Wahey!" As he turns, his neck shoots out 3m from his shoulders, eyes bulging out like Jim Carey in The Mask with an insane grin on his face. That was unexpected.

The "best concert you never went to" thread reminded me of the time my sister hallucinated a band performing a full set under similar conditions. In this case, however, she was the only person at the club to see the band. Apparently they were pretty good!

yeah major trips eating hash, never gone that far eating greenery though. sadly :lol:

Like sjm, I think this has the hallmarks of another "deep-space" thingy. Lots of automated/robotic activities happening while the crew sleeps on in induced hibernation, not realising the significance of their failure to respond to the GDPR notification three years earlier. Gonna be a long sleep.

Good work :)

I think I'll have to obtain some cannabis to embark on 'long form droneish' for now. That won't be til June. I'm out in the boondocks atm.

I get 'visuals' perfectly straight, though. Kind of faded-out ones but still. I remember well once on a hit of very clear windowpane and [smoking] Persian H, jamming with whomever was there, where I was getting a read-out of all this text which indicated rhythm as though it was speech. I felt like the other people in the room were extensions of my limbs and responding in real time to my thought rather perfectly.

Return to “Music Cafe”