[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

aMUSEd wrote:
No one is disputing that, but there should be a lower price for Pro 3 owners compared to Producer and previous version users, it's not fair that they are the same.
I would tend to agree if not for the fact that I upgraded from producer to pro a couple versions
ago for about the same deal IIRC. E.g. they always do that. Anyone who bought Pro from the
get go should probably get some kind of discount.

If thats you, you should probably make your feelings known to them, perhaps they will give
you a deal. You never know unless you ask...

-Cheers

zzz00m wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
iosys wrote:The upgrade price for v3 Professional owners is too high, what a nice way to reward your highest paying customers! :roll:
Considering that you will get about 3 years of free updates for a leading DAW, that works out to less than $50 per year, if you buy the upgrade at a discount. The developers need to get paid, as nobody can work for free... :roll:

IMO, that sounds reasonable. :tu:
No one is disputing that, but there should be a lower price for Pro 3 owners compared to Producer and previous version users, it's not fair that they are the same.
I don't wish to see Presonus become the next Cakewalk. I actually think that they should charge more, and hopefully to remain in business. IMHO, they probably are underestimating the cost of doing business, but wish to remain competitive. These are giveaway prices for the value provided, again just my opinion...
Nevertheless there should still be a differential between what people who have invested in the latest and most expensive version have to pay and those who bought cheaper versions or didn't even upgrade to the last version. It's just a negative incentive.

I was just going to post how Sample One XT looks ridiculously huge and takes up 90% of the GUI but thought I'd include the place where Hi DPI is set in 3.56... it doesn't exist in 4.0. Funny how there has been no screencasts to even highlight this issue on Windows. And for the record I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit.

Here's Sample One XT on the Mac.. looks about 1080P resolution here also.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:I was just going to post how Sample One XT looks ridiculously huge and takes up 90% of the GUI but thought I'd include the place where Hi DPI is set in 3.56... it doesn't exist in 4.0. Funny how there has been no screencasts to even highlight this issue on Windows. And for the record I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit.

If it is an intentional omission, then that is just wrong. If the omission is accidental (the current manual does state it should be in General -> Options tab), has anyone filed a bug with PreSonus yet?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

zzz00m wrote:
iosys wrote:The upgrade price for v3 Professional owners is too high, what a nice way to reward your highest paying customers! :roll:
Considering that you will get about 3 years of free updates for a leading DAW, that works out to less than $50 per year, if you buy the upgrade at a discount. The developers need to get paid, as nobody can work for free... :roll:

IMO, that sounds reasonable. :tu:

But if that breaks your budget, there are other free options available for making music. :party:
Thats not really an acceptable answer, It's not about breaking my bank it just doesn't sound reasonable considering I bought Studio One Professional 3 a few months ago, now I need to shell out again to use the latest version?

Yeah, a bug report definitely needs to be filed IMO. I'd file the problem, but I don't have the issue, so someone who has the issue and is willing to follow up should do it, and send in detailed config info, screen captures, etc... it looks like a bug to me. Perhaps THE INTRANCER can take a moment to copy all the stuff in his notes to tech support.

And BTW, the only way this will get fixed is if the Presonus dev team is made aware of it with a detailed bug report. They are not spending their time browsing forums.

tonedef71 wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:I was just going to post how Sample One XT looks ridiculously huge and takes up 90% of the GUI but thought I'd include the place where Hi DPI is set in 3.56... it doesn't exist in 4.0. Funny how there has been no screencasts to even highlight this issue on Windows. And for the record I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit.

If it is an intentional omission, then that is just wrong. If the omission is accidental (the current manual does state it should be in General -> Options tab), has anyone filed a bug with PreSonus yet?
I've never once raised a ticket for any daw software, but typically I have in the past highlighted bugs, and problems with Studio One besides try and help users on the presonus forum, but since some idiot of a banned me because they didn't like me complaining about the manual and super vague release notes, I can't post there now. Someone highlighted the same issue, but his question seems to have been ignored by the mods, as shown here.

Presonus know about it alright... but having had a play around with the colour options and seeing other graphical glitches like the circle of dot's in the transport bar vanishing when you put the GUI into the white looking state by adjusting the luminescence control to the right, there are probably a ton of bugs to fix on top of this.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Those that don't wait for a sale or search for a lower price deserve to pay what's being asked, which is fair considering it will be a few years till you have to pay again.

The impatience here by some is not going to get anything changed so be proactive and you will find a cheaper way to get it. If you wait they always have 30-50 percent off sales. Whining is only going to get nothing but more whining.

I have upgraded a few times....never once at full price, I didn't need it right when it was released and for some odd reason(using the logic being put forth by some) I was still able to function without it until I did upgrade.

xphen0m wrote:Is it still just one MIDI channel per track, or can we finally do multi midi channels on a track? This is extremely useful for guitar VSTis that can do string control by midi channel.
One per track still. No change yet.

iosys wrote:....it just doesn't sound reasonable considering I bought Studio One Professional 3 a few months ago, now I need to shell out again to use the latest version?
You bought a DAW that was due to come out with its next version in a few months.

All due respect, you shouldn't have been surprised. Had you asked here before making the purchase we would have told you the risks.

Yep , wait for a SALE .... Presonus will do one by or before 4th July ( American Holiday ) ... mark it down .... I said it !

THE INTRANCER wrote: For the time being, I'll be sticking to SO 3.5.6. I can work around Studio One's bugs if there are any and get on with making music whilst others complain and eventually get Presonus to fix them. But I draw the line in which Presonus deliberately cripple functionality at the expense of meeting a release date.
What happened to?
THE INTRANCER wrote:.I'll predict that you will be selling your hamster to get it...regardless of any bugs there may or may not be that affect you.

Aliens wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote: For the time being, I'll be sticking to SO 3.5.6. I can work around Studio One's bugs if there are any and get on with making music whilst others complain and eventually get Presonus to fix them. But I draw the line in which Presonus deliberately cripple functionality at the expense of meeting a release date.
What happened to?
THE INTRANCER wrote:.I'll predict that you will be selling your hamster to get it...regardless of any bugs there may or may not be that affect you.
It's not a bug, it's an intended exclusion. There's a difference.

So you're not selling your hamster?

I downloaded the demo to see if this DAW still has the unresolved issue on my Macs that Version 3 always had (to the point of where I finally just sold my license).

Sure enough, the problem still exists, as ever.

- Load a plugin onto a track, anything really.

- Click on the track -- the CPU spikes, flashes red for a second.

- Click on ANY track -- the CPU spikes

- Resize a window -- the CPU spikes

- Resize a window while a track is playing MIDI notes of any kind -- horrible crackling sounds / popping throughout the duration of resizing

- Click a track while anything is playing -- likely to hear a pop or click when the inevitable CPU spike occurs

.... you get the idea. Doing just about ANYTHING results in the CPU spiking momentarily, the meter flashing red, and causing a pop or click. If the thing you do is done while music is playing from the DAW, and is a thing that takes a little time to do, e.g. resizing a window such as the Mixer or the MIDI editing area, you'll get clicks and pops throughout the whole time.

I brought this up on KVR and was told by half the people in the thread that it was "just my system and nobody else" and the other half that "yep, S1 sucks on their Mac as well and indeed has these issues."

I brought it up with Presonus and after a bit of back and forth they gave up and said they didn't know what was going on -- no joke.

So, demo'd 4 out of curiosity and little else -- YEP, EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR.

Bye!

-M

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”