BigSky or Timeline two intrument connexion possible?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is it possible to use two instrument at the same time with Stymon BigSky or Timeline when whiteout hearing both signal in each channel? Ex: Synth 1 is plug in LEFT Input And Sinth 2 plug in Right input. If I play the Synth 1 (LEFT IN), I can heard it in the Synth2 (RIGHT OUT) of BigSky. It is possible to isolate the right and left channel so they don't mix together?

Thanks

I'm afraid not. These are stereo units, designed to be fed by one instrument (either mono or stereo input) and not for dual-mono usage. So it's by design that the left input always bleeds into the right output.

I've got an effect unit that does this at home, the ART DMV-Pro which can operate as two stereo fx processors or four mono fx processors. It's a bit old now, I don't know what units are currently on the market with these features.

Another thought: since your instruments are VSTi plugins already, why use hardware effects instead of VST plugins?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Lexicon MX300 is a reverb/FX unit that can be internally routed to act as either a stereo effect or two mono channels.

The Empress echosystem has a L/R mode and you can place different algorithms in each side.
dedication to flying

The Ventris line is what you are looking for. Dual reverb and I think dual delay, completely independent.

BertKoor wrote:I'm afraid not. These are stereo units, designed to be fed by one instrument (either mono or stereo input) and not for dual-mono usage. So it's by design that the left input always bleeds into the right output.

I've got an effect unit that does this at home, the ART DMV-Pro which can operate as two stereo fx processors or four mono fx processors. It's a bit old now, I don't know what units are currently on the market with these features.

Another thought: since your instruments are VSTi plugins already, why use hardware effects instead of VST plugins?

Thanks for answering BertKoor. I should specify, I use my Strymon effect with my Moog Subsequent37, Minitaur and model D. I might considering using Soundtoys if I whant to play live.

Cheers

dumbledog wrote:The Ventris line is what you are looking for. Dual reverb and I think dual delay, completely independent.
dumbledog: I know, I'm tempting to buy it but I wondering if it sound as good as BigSky. I didn't look any review. I just saw it in a news feeds.

Sometime I'm tempting to sell my Strymon and use plug-in instead for FX but I want to get the max from my analog synth and I didn't do the comparison yet between my Strymon and Soundtoys plugin.

Cheers

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”