---

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

pekbro wrote:Man I wish they would work on the plugin management. It's customizable enough, but
fixing things up is a lot of work. You have to make custom categories, then put them in
there, then make all the thumbnails that don't generate properly.

About the worst system ever imo. At least until you get it all manually sorted.

-rant
Thumbnails are generated properly, the only thing you need to do is to move that dialogue window away from the plugin so that FL Studio makes a proper screenshot of plugin, without that window included.
I don't see any problems with the plugin management, it's easy and straight forward.

Also, you do realize that you can actually go Data/Patches/Plugin Database folder and then to either Generators or Effects folders and then create there your own folders and then move .fst, png. and .nfo files of plugins to other folders?

Basically, if you add Dune2 and Serum to let's say your "Synths" folder, but then want them to move to different folder, let's say "Synths2" folder, instead of deleting thumbnails and creating new ones, you can just go to
Data/Patches/Plugin Database/Generators folder and create "Synths2" folder and just cut/copy files from "Synths" folder and that's it, that "Synths2" folder appears as a category in FL Studio.
You don't even have to shut down FL Studio, its explorer is automatically updated.

So, the only thing which is actually missing is the option to be able to move plugins from folder to folder or rather category to category inside of FL Studio, in its explorer. For example, you right click on plugin and you have listed categories to move that plugin to different category/folder and then FL Studio actually does the cut/copy in Windows' explorer and moves .fst, .png and .nfo files.

When I was migrating to new PC and reinstalling everything, I installed FL Studio and then started installing plugins and then I did the scanning and then I was just dumping them into one category/folder. Then I went to Data/Patches/Plugin Database/Generators and then created folders like: Synths, Instruments, Samplers which appear as categories in FL Studio and then just cut/copied files to different folders.

As long as I can manage things from Windows Explorer I'm fine.

camsr wrote:Happy 20th anniversary, the new FL studio is awesome
I don't use FL Studio and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but out of curiousity (probably because of the large version jump) looking at the changes and improvements, this upgrade doesn't seem THAT overwelming? :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

This is a huge update imo. I'm quite happy with it!

First things first to consider is an entirely new MAC version which needed to be built from scratch, took years to make. This is a really big update.

Sad though I don't see a way to easily search for missing samples. If the samples aren't in the same folder as the flp project file, its just a pain!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

brainzistor wrote:
Thumbnails are generated properly....

Incorrect, that did work for Fabfilter though, thx.
brainzistor wrote:
Also, you do realize that you can actually go Data/Patches/Plugin Database folder and then to either Generators or Effects folders and then create there your own folders and then move .fst, png. and .nfo files of plugins to other folders?

Basically, if you add Dune2 and Serum to let's say your "Synths" folder, but then want them to move to different folder, let's say "Synths2" folder, instead of deleting thumbnails and creating new ones, you can just go to
Data/Patches/Plugin Database/Generators folder and create "Synths2" folder and just cut/copy files from "Synths" folder and that's it, that "Synths2" folder appears as a category in FL Studio.
You don't even have to shut down FL Studio, its explorer is automatically updated.

So, the only thing which is actually missing is the option to be able to move plugins from folder to folder or rather category to category inside of FL Studio, in its explorer. For example, you right click on plugin and you have listed categories to move that plugin to different category/folder and then FL Studio actually does the cut/copy in Windows' explorer and moves .fst, .png and .nfo files.

Yes, I know all that, I organize them by vendor, so I have a ton of category folders. There is
no thumbnail unless you assign them to a category. Assigning them to a synth category
makes no sense for me, when I can just assign them to their own correct category, which I have
to do one by one. And I have about 1500 plugins. So what your saying might work for you, it does not
work for me. Sorry but imo, the system is still very poorly designed.

-Cheers

Supporting different time signatures and time signature changes is a big addition. It's one of those things all DAWs should have had years ago and yet it's not standard.
Also track freeze/render is an essential feature.
This isn't the huge update that would be expected for a 20 year edition though by any means.

does anyone know if you can automatically crossfade audio items now? Most DAWs allow some sort of default auto crossfade between overlapping audio items but FL hasn't in the past as far as I know.

Nielzie wrote:I don't use FL Studio and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but out of curiousity (probably because of the large version jump) looking at the changes and improvements, this upgrade doesn't seem THAT overwelming? :)
Well it's all relative, isn't it? Relative to a few things. Version 12 got quite a few updates over the years, so if you compare 20 to 12.0 rather than 12.5, there's a much bigger difference. It's also relative to how useful you personally find the new features. The version that introduced performance mode was a big meh from my point of view. For others, I'm sure it was massive. There are a number of things in 20, e.g. audio recording with multiple takes in the playlist, and time signatures that (presuming they work well) will have a proper impact on my workflow and just make things easier.

People making 4/4 ITB EDM are going to be like "meh". Mac users may be going "yeah". Not being a Mac user, I have no idea what the previous version was like. So basically, horses for courses and all that.

There are some great improvements listed. I've yet to update though - waiting for the next minor update before I do.

We finally have a comping feature in FL Studio! I've been waiting for this for so many years.

Can we visually adjust waveform amplitude on audio clips without increasing audible gain yet? That kind of feature is very useful for editing.

And now we have proper time signatures we might be on the way to a beat mapping feature!

That new punch in and out feature is nice and intuitive, like much of FL Studio. It's another small feature that is actually a big deal and saves HD space.

These are the kinds of updates I like. I don't need more plugins or graphical changes. I want what is there to be improved and streamlined.

woggle wrote:does anyone know if you can automatically crossfade audio items now? Most DAWs allow some sort of default auto crossfade between overlapping audio items but FL hasn't in the past as far as I know.
It's been there for a number of years - can't recall if it was there when FL first launched though. Check the declick options. It's not as flexible or quick as the method in Pro Tools but it's there. Otherwise, there is an equal power curve (half sine) in the automation clip curve menu.

Unaspected wrote:
woggle wrote:does anyone know if you can automatically crossfade audio items now? Most DAWs allow some sort of default auto crossfade between overlapping audio items but FL hasn't in the past as far as I know.
It's been there for a number of years - can't recall if it was there when FL first launched though. Check the declick options. It's not as flexible or quick as the method in Pro Tools but it's there. Otherwise, there is an equal power curve (half sine) in the automation clip curve menu.
thanks - crossfade is greyed out for me on the audio i tested - but seems a bit limited for my needs anyway - I do hundreds of audio edits and crossfades.

This has been possible for a while, right click audio on playlist and select cross fade with "a list of overlapping audio will populate". It needs to overlap though to show up.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:
This has been possible for a while, right click audio on playlist and select cross fade with "a list of overlapping audio will populate". It needs to overlap though to show up.
thanks but that requires a couple of actions for each crossfade - what I am looking for is a default crossfade setting so that every time I overlap audio the overlap turns in to a crossfade automatically rather than me having to specify do that each time

As excited as I was/am with the Studio One 4 release, FL 20 is looking like quite the dope ass dark horse!!

I haven't used it in years, but of course have a license...this gui is beautiful and kind of inspiring.

I can't get my head around the audio recording though. Looks like it has some decent comping and everything. Can't find any tutorials either about it.

Any suggestions for a tutorial or two? I want to record live vocals and guitars and comp.

woggle wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:
thanks but that requires a couple of actions for each crossfade - what I am looking for is a default crossfade setting so that every time I overlap audio the overlap turns in to a crossfade automatically rather than me having to specify do that each time
Actually, the way I like to do it, mutual crossfades, means this process needs to be repeated both times on the track a and track b :ud: Yeah, automatic would be really nice, like how studio one does it. For this reason alone, I do most of my dj sets inside Studio One though FL Studio has a better browser.

TTU Youtube

best money i've spent , musically speaking ...

brainzistor wrote:
sjm wrote:Looking forward to trying out the multiple time signatures. I've got a project on the backburner mixing 7/8 and 11/8 that I'll dig out again.
December 2016, KVR OSC, Synth1, 4th place, the track has speeding up of tempo, slowing down of tempo, 4/4 and 9/8 mostly. Of course, it was done in FL Studio.

https://soundcloud.com/brainzistor/brai ... g-above-us

But, hey, hooray, now people can finally work with multiple time signatures in FL Studio because apparently previously they couldn't.
Maybe I'm guilty because I play drums too and I didn't need any help from DAW to draw it all for me, idk....
Nice track, Brain. Very cool :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”