They dont care. There are millions of things request over the years. Some real workflow speeders, probably few lines of code and they don't add them.. Mattias always says "noted" or doesnt even answer. They simply dont care. All they do, is they try to milking your money.
Reason 11 - Parsec turns free synth with Reason along with five 10 years old samples / romples and some 5 years old RE effects which wont sell anymore. Ya, and then people gonna spend 129€ to "new Reason 11". Reason 11 - even bigger Reason update ever!
What Reason really needs, is:
- Midi chase
- Automatically returning playing cursor
- Bypass to VST wrapper
- Shortcut to open VSTi
- Instead of showing automation and values like 6000 or 74859595, I would really like to see it show actual value, like 400hz.
- If you try to set your mixer track -1db, you cant. It is like - 0.96 or -1.3.. you cant type the values.. no peaking values on individually mixer channels.
- play beat on playlist, play loop on browser, they dont sync at all
- The GUI. Tiny knobs and stuff. I tried to do time warping on one loop and couldnt zoom in enough to determined the right position. All the boxes in sequencer are so tiny and blurred.
- plus many other things
I dont know what they do. Lets say that playing cursor thing. So many people have request it over the years. All I can see is Mattias saying "noted", but nothing happens. I am not a coder but I think doing this would take only few lines of code and yet it would make so many people happy but no. And they dont add it.
Lack of midi chase is another thing. Try to do risers or long pads and do some automation and try to hear the changes. Use so much unnecesarry time just to wait you to get the point what you are automating, because you always need to play the clip / note from the beggining so Reason understand to play it
Often I do small changes on eq or compressor and I want to do quick bypass to hear the differences. They bypass button is of course on rack and spend time again to find it... would be so handy it to be on wrapper window instead
This remains me similar situation what FL had. People wanted proper PDC and other cool stuff Gol always told it not possible and he wont do that or that. Then Gol left guess what, now FL has almost proper PDC. Deleted features are back and all the other nice stuff has added. FL now listend users and FR all the time with super pace. Users are happy, everyone is happy.
Reason goes too only where Mattias want it to go. Sometimes I wonder does he use Reason itself, as it still missing these important features. Time consuming shiiet.. Maybe Mattias should leave too and Prop's would start to listen their customers more.
Just thinking loud here..