Any news on Massive 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive

It's a great synth for the majority, and so popular as it is now, perhaps adding some new waveforms or the ability to import ones would be good addition, but that may stay withing the version 1 extension.

What features are needed to have in the v. 2 anyhow?
More Oscs?
New filters?
More routings?
New GUI?

I'd rather to ask for an update to FM8 instead actually.

EvilDragon wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Well, you would probably know better than I do, but, the filters in K5, while better than K4, are not really good enough. I don't really care about the "huge voice count" arguments because I think that for those kinds of libraries, better filters probably don't matter as much. People are still using Kontakt to create interesting sample based synthesizers and that's where I'd like to see improvement.
I guess that's in the ear of the beholder. IMHO they are definitely MUCH improved and they do take some additional CPU compared to old ones. But as I said, don't expect any new filters in K6, these introduced in K5 are the result of NI responding to "Kontakt filters are not good" that everyone was saying. So it is highly unlikely we'll see any more changes in this area for the foreseeable time. New effects are much more likely.
I meant to respond to this. Yes, they are improved. I remember being happy to get them when K5 came out. The thing is NI can do SO much better and they are still something of a weakness, IMO!

The new Reaktor synths, such as Rounds and Kontour, sound amazing. I definitely won't mind a synth having the archeticture similar to Massive with such a sound quality. I have no problems with using Reaktor-based synths, don't understand why people hate it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Maybe they don't own Reaktor. :D

chk071 wrote:Maybe they don't own Reaktor. :D
Even the free player? :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

True, i forgot that they all work with the Player too. :)

I wouldn't mind Massive 2 being a Reaktor instrument either. Reaktor rocks.

Well they did already kind of put Massive's sequencer in with Kodiak's curve sequencer, maybe they will expand upon that idea and put all of Massive's components in (and hopefully upgrade them at the same time and make the DAMN GUI RESIZABLE).

I think Reaktor stinks. It is kludgey to use especially if you use multiple instances.. which is why I like the individual plugins instead.

But I don't doubt they want to promote Reaktor (and Kontakt)... sigh.

phreaque wrote:It's a great synth for the majority, and so popular as it is now, perhaps adding some new waveforms or the ability to import ones would be good addition, but that may stay withing the version 1 extension.

What features are needed to have in the v. 2 anyhow?
More Oscs?
New filters?
More routings?
New GUI?

I'd rather to ask for an update to FM8 instead actually.
I'd like (at least) updated filters and resizing for the GUI.
Most everything else is very good in Massive.

Massive X just means it's an ex Massive as in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PLUGIN!!

:D :D :D

chk071 wrote: I wouldn't mind Massive 2 being a Reaktor instrument either. Reaktor rocks.
I hope to God that it isn't a Reaktor instrument....

That would be a disaster....

Massive needs to remain a standalone synth....

NI already has too much crap running in Kontakt and Reaktor :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
NI already has too much crap running in Kontakt and Reaktor :wink:
I agree! Standalone plugs are always preferred here.

chk071 wrote:True, i forgot that they all work with the Player too. :)

It would be great if Reaktor synths could be self contained. So that you wouldn’t need to open Reaktor.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
chk071 wrote:True, i forgot that they all work with the Player too. :)

It would be great if Reaktor synths could be self contained. So that you wouldn’t need to open Reaktor.
Reaktor doesn't do well with synths which have alot of polyphony because even when Reaktor is idle all the voices will be computed simultaneously. So if it was released for Reaktor, it could no longer be a "workhorse" synth because most people could only run a single instance at a time.

Still using Massive in 2018 :tu:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

recursive one wrote:The new Reaktor synths, such as Rounds and Kontour, sound amazing. I definitely won't mind a synth having the archeticture similar to Massive with such a sound quality. I have no problems with using Reaktor-based synths, don't understand why people hate it.
Preset handling sucks... and it is just a bit clumsy having to launch Reaktor first then open a folder to select the synth. Also how automation parameters are listed in the Host is not so intuitive...

I rarely ever use the Reaktor based synths because adding a VST synth is so much more elegant for workflow.

Return to “Instruments”