VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Q4 of 2018 is a long way away.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote:Q4 of 2018 is a long way away.
I must’ve missed that... way too long!
Where do they say that?

simmo75 wrote:
cturner wrote:Q4 of 2018 is a long way away.
I must’ve missed that... way too long!
Where do they say that?
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

I'm gonna take the plunge next week when I get paid. I've had nothing but great experiences both with the Ohmforce and with the plugs themselves. I still use Mobilohm, Predatohm, Hematohm, OhMyGod, and Ohmboyz all the time. I don't think I've made a track in the past 10 years without using at least 1 instance of Mobilohm. So yeah, they've earned my trust - and I have a feeling Ohmboyz Infinity is going to be a kickass delay/multifx when it's all said and done. I'll be sure to post back in this thread once I've purchased and tested. :tu:

ok. i caved. had some paypal cash burning a hole in my pocket.

after 20 minutes of playing with it it's a keeper. 8 taps, 2 delays, pitch per tap, filter, reverb, distortion, freq shifter. still figuring out the modulation system but it's pretty fast to get around on. easy to program. there's more than one way to program it. graphically by dragging taps around or using the knobs.

it sounds great. the ducking and multiple shapes for the modulators make for some really great things.

it's still beta though.. VST is solid in live but the AU didn't pass eval in logic. but a lot of things that fail eval in logic on my laptop pass AU eval on my desktop.

anyway.. it feels like a weird eventide delay algorithm in an H8000 or Orville or something weird like that. things swell and shudder and skip away and disappear.

it's funky. i have no regrets. for me, faith in Ohmforce rewarded :)

dayjob wrote:ok. i caved. had some paypal cash burning a hole in my pocket.

after 20 minutes of playing with it it's a keeper. 8 taps, 2 delays, pitch per tap, filter, reverb, distortion, freq shifter. still figuring out the modulation system but it's pretty fast to get around on. easy to program. there's more than one way to program it. graphically by dragging taps around or using the knobs.

it sounds great. the ducking and multiple shapes for the modulators make for some really great things.

it's still beta though.. VST is solid in live but the AU didn't pass eval in logic. but a lot of things that fail eval in logic on my laptop pass AU eval on my desktop.

anyway.. it feels like a weird eventide delay algorithm in an H8000 or Orville or something weird like that. things swell and shudder and skip away and disappear.

How does it compare to other delays in its class?

simmo75 wrote:
dayjob wrote:ok. i caved. had some paypal cash burning a hole in my pocket.

How does it compare to other delays in its class?
just from my initial go at it i'd say it compares well and has its own unique take on multitap delay w/lot's of modulation (+multiFX).

it's much different than SandmanPro (which is a totally unique thing to me and a fav). I don't know what to compare it to really.. it's very different to fabfilters timeless2 or FXpansion Bloom.. it's a nice fast interface and it has a great sound to me.. i love the ohmboyz delay and always found it to have some special sauce. so, i'm happy to have this.

because it's multitap w/2 delays and filters etc.. it immediately made me think of the eventide H8000 and some of the algorithms in there. some of it reminds me of apple logic's delay designer but ohmboyz infinity sounds better and it feels more creative to use.. it's more of an instrument imo

Thanks for taking the time for that dayjob, you’ve pretty much managed to sell it to me... :tu:

$116, not for me.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Id like to know how this stands up to Melda MdelayMB, which probably holds the prize for most comprehensive modulation system.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Id like to know how this stands up to Melda MdelayMB, which probably holds the prize for most comprehensive modulation system.
Does MDelayMB have ducking and reverse capability?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Id like to know how this stands up to Melda MdelayMB, which probably holds the prize for most comprehensive modulation system.
Dont think it does reverse but ducking is doable, just probably takes more steps to setup than this new delay
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Dont think it does reverse but ducking is doable, just probably takes more steps to setup than this new delay
Ok! Thanks :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
I haven't tried it in MDelayMB but modulation with an envelope follower should do the job. It should be easier in OhmboyzI as you have control over both signal level and the release time on the main UI. It would take a bit more fiddling with the Melda. The advantage of the Melda setup is that the same technique is available in all the plugins.

The big difference is how the taps are set up in Ohmboyz(I) versus other delays. And it's pretty easy to get complex modulations going, so you go from zero to "bad acid trip cue" in a matter of seconds.

Gamma-UT wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
I haven't tried it in MDelayMB but modulation with an envelope follower should do the job. It should be easier in OhmboyzI as you have control over both signal level and the release time on the main UI. It would take a bit more fiddling with the Melda. The advantage of the Melda setup is that the same technique is available in all the plugins.

The big difference is how the taps are set up in Ohmboyz(I) versus other delays. And it's pretty easy to get complex modulations going, so you go from zero to "bad acid trip cue" in a matter of seconds.
Thanks! I never tried it in Ohmboyz, as I tend to use RP-Delay for reverse stuff. I'm just trying to consolidate my delays, to lighten then load. It looks like I'll be losing Ohmboyz, so I'm thinking about what else can go :wink:

Return to “Effects”