Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

keel wrote:Spend 5.15€ and get Thor
Let's hope that that's next month's offer :hihi:

Mmh... there's about 10 synths in the CM studio content which are better (than Reason Thor). :P

which ones? I just got in on the Reason upgrade from basically anything offer and I have to say the more I get into Thor the better it seems. Several CM synths are nice, but they are missing a lot from the full versions. Thor is a swiss army knife sort of synth.

Love that Reason Grain synth.

I wish they would release the reason synth and fx as vst! 8)

From what i see the full version of thorn has a second filter and also has a chorus and Lofi fx, however the CM version is great, those extra features are not really a must .

THE INTRANCER wrote:I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?

I did that with UHE's Bazille CM version, in Photoshop. I don't use any plugin with cheap and tacky Computer Music branding on it.
:roll:

Please tell me this doesn't represent KVR these days
In the future there will be robots!

No. Merely represents THE INTRANCER. :P

I just picked this up last night and loving it. I've only lately begun to be interested in the modern, edgy side of sound design so this is like christmas to me because I have been seriously drooling over Europa, but I don't use Reason. I'm proud to use this plug and already posted it on social media. Thanks CM!

lol that totally looks like a commercial but I really do appreciate a synth like this being made available to me for $4.99 on Google Play Newstand... had I not just purchased both the Waves synths and Sektor recently I would have already picked up the full version. It will have to wait a few months though... but it seems that as is the case with many of these CM Synths the patches can be imported into the full version so I'm not afraid to put some time into the CM one.

I agree with all that think this is King of CM synths to date :)
In the future there will be robots!

Make sure that you watch the video too "Getting started with Dmitry Sches Thorn CM" -27 minutes.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

theorize wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?

I did that with UHE's Bazille CM version, in Photoshop. I don't use any plugin with cheap and tacky Computer Music branding on it.

Don't under estimate the power of imagery in marketing a product... Computer Music Magazine played no part in development of this plugin, but they take credit (*plus it's false advertising). Why should they have their name stamped on it, and why should users have to put up with it ? The simple answer is that most people don't and decline purchasing plugin's because of this, regardless of how good it is, this has the consequence where people don't buy the full commercial plugin.

* 03 Misleading advertising
CAP Code
https://www.asa.org.uk/type/non_broadca ... on/03.html
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

It's very clear that this is the first time you buy a CM magazine or any magazine at all! :nutter:

theorize wrote:

chk071 wrote:No. Merely represents THE INTRANCER. :P
LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

THE INTRANCER wrote: Don't under estimate the power of imagery in marketing a product... Computer Music Magazine played no part in development of this plugin, but they take credit (*plus it's false advertising).
Don't underestimate that it is an advertising effect for both the developer, and the magazine, and that the magware version is published in full consent with the developer. ;)

I don't think anyone in the world but you is bothered by the Computer Music logo anyway.

I've been buying Computer Music mags since I started getting into Computer Music. One of the big highlights is getting a "cut-down" version of an already popular or expensive product that I wouldn't be able to afford usually. And usually these version have discounts available as well. CM has been doing the same thing for almost 2 decades. It not only helps their magazine but also the plugin makers. So what if there is a CM logo on it? The developers put it on there to be gin with!

Like chk071 said, it's advertising for both the developer & the magazine. Some ppl don't have time to look at every plugin or every sale that comes out. Why does it have to be a conspiracy? If it is.. then it is also on the developer end as well. So if any of you have your panties in a bunch, talk to the ppl who actually put the logos on their products... U-he, Tone2, KV331, Kirnu, Dimitry, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure most customers of CM are pretty aware that they are being pandered to... but that is marketing isn't it? I mean if you really have a problem with this kind of marketing (and it's not illegal btw), then why can't you simply just not pay it any attention? Nobody is getting scammed.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”