StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

Lotuzia wrote:
Examigan wrote:Sorry if I missed it somewhere...I read that certain drum machine samples are in Stix, does it include Simmons drums as well?
From the website:

"Drums of the Past : 15 Wave Alchemy Drumkits ( Roland TR-xox, EMU SP12, Drumtracks, Linndrum etc )"
No Sampled Simmons kits strictly speaking but a lot of 'simmonesque' drumpads made with synthesis, or made with synthesis then resampled. More to come btw.

Atm, sampled based, youu have tr-808/909/727, Drumfire, EMU SP12, System1000, Drumtracks, Linndrum, MFB and a few other iconic drum machines. Here again, more will come in the future, including some rarely or never heard, esoteric electronic drum 'things'. Also maybe it's worth considering imho that with a sample in StiX, you can do much more than with any other drum machines.( first thing beeing layering it with real analog oscillators, then going thru the pristine zdf filters, add tons of various modulations and use P.lock parameters in the sequencer etc)
OK sounds great, thanks for the info. :)

Lotuzia wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Do you know if it takes the asio drivers sound ?
this might help
Its been around for a while but was recently updated

http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm
Thanks a lot VKB :hug: Yes, I can see how it could be usefull. Hope it stays neutral when it's not in use, and doesnt add any latency or cpu charge when it's not 'active' (ie routing something to something else) But if it's not really too circonvoluted to use, can hopefully save/load templates of a routing, be quiet when you don't need it, and be seen by the only two poor programs I intend to use it with, it could be really OK !

Between this one and the solution provided by mcbPete, I hope I'll be able to find a solution, that would save me hundreds of hours works in the future.

And these hours would be much more usefull to work on StiX itself !! Eh eh still love Kvr :)
And after years of suffering, seems I finally solved the problem. I tried all the solutions you guys mentioned, and eventually could make an alternative to ntonyx more/less work (VB Cable etc suite) I was pretty satisfied, but these programs are a bit of a headache to use, and impose new drivers that you're obliged to use instead of your usual drivers.Then, my video capture program warns me when I open it when 'updates' are available. I tried to 'update'. Crash/reboot. I tried again (only crash) and guess what ? The next time I launched it, I COULD SEE MY REGULAR ASIO DRIVERS ! Wow. Well done Magix :tu: ( Only took 5 years but was worth it :) )

And if this thing is stable enough, and doesnt disappear the same way it appeared, I can now do video tutorials in one day, when it used to take me 4 times more before, and lot of sweat to resynchronize between sound and images. More than that, I can manipulate AND record StiX in ways that were impossible before !!!!! (Where I was obliged to make Cc automation, and therefore had no ways to record things like simply hitting the magic 'generate drumkit' button)
So ... be prepared for more videos on my YT) :party:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Examigan wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Examigan wrote:Sorry if I missed it somewhere...I read that certain drum machine samples are in Stix, does it include Simmons drums as well?
From the website:

"Drums of the Past : 15 Wave Alchemy Drumkits ( Roland TR-xox, EMU SP12, Drumtracks, Linndrum etc )"
No Sampled Simmons kits strictly speaking but a lot of 'simmonesque' drumpads made with synthesis, or made with synthesis then resampled. More to come btw.

Atm, sampled based, youu have tr-808/909/727, Drumfire, EMU SP12, System1000, Drumtracks, Linndrum, MFB and a few other iconic drum machines. Here again, more will come in the future, including some rarely or never heard, esoteric electronic drum 'things'. Also maybe it's worth considering imho that with a sample in StiX, you can do much more than with any other drum machines.( first thing beeing layering it with real analog oscillators, then going thru the pristine zdf filters, add tons of various modulations and use P.lock parameters in the sequencer etc)
I started checking it out and it is really easy to use. I like how you can quickly change the amount of beats to crazy amounts that I like to use here and there, like 11 per measure and then 7 on the next, and 5 the next, etc. etc. That's for each part of the kit too.

Examigan wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
From the website:

I started checking it out and it is really easy to use. I like how you can quickly change the amount of beats to crazy amounts that I like to use here and there, like 11 per measure and then 7 on the next, and 5 the next, etc. etc. That's for each part of the kit too.
Yes, you can make one beat made of pentolets, followed by simple triplets, then heptolets of sextolets, then come back to the usual 16th notes for the last beat, and still include inside custom ratchets for every hit if you're inclined to. Different for every drum sound and sequencer line, of every pattern and so on ...

From this POV, StiX might be the most powerfull tool for those who enjoy extreme metrics games for percussions or simply freaky rolls & breaks etc.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: From this POV, StiX might be the most powerfull tool for those who enjoy extreme metrics games for percussions or simply freaky rolls & breaks etc.
That's me. :wink: I mean I like regular music with standard beats within an easy time frame to follow, but I played drums for many years (and later keyboards) and was into prog rock using odd time signatures, etc. Anyway, let me get back to checking out StiX some more. :party:

A new review for StiX

' ......... Conclusion
This is clearly not a standard/ordinary drum machine. It has so many options for modulation and the synthesis/samples combination makes it a very powerful plugin. It is a lot of fun to use and has nearly everything I would ever want in a drum plugin, including multiple display sizes, and a multi-out version to output each pad to its own track in your DAW ....'

Read the whole review here :

http://soundbytesmag.net/review-stix-by-xils-lab/

Examigan wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
From the website:

Btw I recently purchased a Simmons analog drum brain, so you can expect some Simmons samples in StiX at some point. Not only that, but also Simmonesque presets created with StiX synthesis engines only that match as closely as possible the real Simmons sounds. Best of both worlds :)

Lotuzia wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
From the website:

Btw I recently purchased a Simmons analog drum brain, so you can expect some Simmons samples in StiX at some point. Not only that, but also Simmonesque presets created with StiX synthesis engines only that match as closely as possible the real Simmons sounds. Best of both worlds :)
Cool! I am looking forward to that.
Also, thanks for the mention of the review. :)

I remember someone mentioning that there would be a discounted upgrade offer for Stix CM users at some point. Did that ever happen?

Local Man wrote:I remember someone mentioning that there would be a discounted upgrade offer for Stix CM users at some point. Did that ever happen?
Not yet, but ... it will definetely happen.

Xils delayed it because of the NPB (New Preset Browser), currently under testing, and the fix of a bug affecting mass user samples import into StiX ( currently beeing fixed as well)

Both combined will give users an great confort to handle sample content in StiX, also allowing multi tagging etc in a very easy, and visual way.

Once all this is done properly, the promo crossgrade will happen, according to them.

Did anybody test the new 1.0.3 version, that has been available for a few days now, it seems?

i hope the new version will fixed the crash !
I generate a new drumkit randomly but impossible to load it , it crash the daw ...

Lotuzia wrote:
Local Man wrote:I remember someone mentioning that there would be a discounted upgrade offer for Stix CM users at some point. Did that ever happen?
Not yet, but ... it will definetely happen.

Xils delayed it because of the NPB (New Preset Browser), currently under testing, and the fix of a bug affecting mass user samples import into StiX ( currently beeing fixed as well)

Both combined will give users an great confort to handle sample content in StiX, also allowing multi tagging etc in a very easy, and visual way.

Once all this is done properly, the promo crossgrade will happen, according to them.
Additionally will Stix CM be updated with the NPB?

Am interested in Stix. (I wish it had of appeared on radar before getting Geist2). Does anyone feel a Stix sale is imminent?

And playing around with the demo: love the 2 - 6 step divisions, but can't figure out how to select individual hits within that! All I can do is select all or none. It's not in the manual :?

nevis wrote:Did anybody test the new 1.0.3 version, that has been available for a few days now, it seems?
It's mainly about the new preset browser, and fixing the 'import multiple samples' in one clic in Windows bug.

About this last one, I was able to import several batches of 10/30 samples with the last version, then tagged them in only one operation using the NPB.

(Actually, when you import a lot of samples -seems to work up to 256 samples in one pass now-, StiX put them in an 'Imported' 'Bank' automatically. Then , you just use the NPB to tagg them ( Like tagging 30 samples with 'snare', 'your author name', a 'project name', and misc other tags in a single operation). The 'Imported bank' is not a buffer, or temporary location, samples will stay here until you retag properly all orpart of your imported samples, dispatching them in relevant categories)

Return to “Instruments”