Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don’t really see how much different it is from PSP 608.

Blue Cat Late Replies seems much more fully featured.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m looking for reasons to get this delay!

Vortifex wrote:Early access for plugins now? Early access is a cancer in the games industry, please don't do it for music software too. Encouraging consumers to pay for unfinished products with no guarantee that they'll ever be finished properly is not good for consumers or for the industry as a whole. I would not pay for this on principle, even if wasn't overpriced, which it is.
For the most part, I agree. However, with regard to projects remaining unfinished, I'd probably be more confident that there would be less chance of show-stopping issues coding a few megabytes of delay than mega-gigabytes of game.

If I were to pay to beta-test, I would need at least 70% discount to sweeten the deal :shrug:

perpetual3 wrote:Blue Cat Late Replies seems much more fully featured.
Not to mention the plugin hosting blows the whole thing wide open. Hosting various 3rd party delays on different taps was a lot of fun while I was demoing :love:

Gamma-UT wrote:you go from zero to "bad acid trip cue" in a matter of seconds.
And then of course, a 'Heroic Dose' when you engage slow preset morphing :scared:

Vortifex wrote:Early access for plugins now? Early access is a cancer in the games industry, please don't do it for music software too. Encouraging consumers to pay for unfinished products with no guarantee that they'll ever be finished properly is not good for consumers or for the industry as a whole. I would not pay for this on principle, even if wasn't overpriced, which it is.
I generally agree with this as well... One of the only companies I'll buy a product in a beta stage is U-he as I know they will deliver.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:One of the only companies I'll buy a product in a beta stage is U-he as I know they will deliver.
Oops! :oops: I forgot I bought into Repro at Beta :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Robmobius wrote:One of the only companies I'll buy a product in a beta stage is U-he as I know they will deliver.
U-he are the exception... ;)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi all, Ohm fella here,

First apologies for not noticing this thread earlier, for some reason it wasn't appearing in my google patrols.

Second, a useful link:
https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... ccess-faq/

Many questions here addressed there, including the reasons of the lack of demo.

About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz. This one is €69 and Ohmboyz Infinity, a complete redo, is already vastly better. The other plugins in the list range from €99 to €129 and Ohmboyz Infinity has arguabily the same level of feature right now. Our take is that by the end of early access, Ohmboyz Infinity will compete as Delay King in your hearts. That being said we do listen to your feedback. You can see the (rather theoric) process by which we picked a price but what you guys think on the first glance matters. Would you pay €99 for Ohmboyz Infinity if you were confident you'll get on of the best delay ever for that price, or is €99 too much for a delay no matter what?

About Early Access: most video games doing that are fresh company with no or little history of delivering good products. We OTOH are an 18 yo company with a good track records here. Now we agree there has been some abuse on the system and that's why we announce we want to wrap the released version on a sensible timespan (Q4 2018). Still, the idea of an open beta has a lot of appeal to us. There's the feedback but also the funding. We can release a product but with more early funding we can make a better product. We think it's a healthy system that benefits everyone: you guys get a better price, we all get a better product, and on our side it's more rewarding

To give you an idea of what we're aiming at, it's a plugin that should have no rival for live action thanks to the Macros² system (check the trailer : most of it is done whith just one loop and four parameter moving over time). On the top of that you get roughly as much modulation as Timeless 2, roughly as much extra fx (more to come) than Relayer, and some UI inspiration from various sources. It's also one of the few delay that actually has tap. And of course tape emulation. It's already more a multi fx than just a delay - already a reverb, a loop mangler and with enough funding through early access it will probably go up to being a filter bank as well.
Last edited by Red_Force on Fri May 25, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
It's, uhhh, possible I may also have done that... :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Red_Force wrote:Hi all, Ohm fella here,

First apologies for not noticing this thread earlier, for some reason it wasn't appearing in my google patrols.

Second, a useful link:
https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... ccess-faq/

Many questions here addressed there, including the reasons of the lack of demo.

About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz. This one is €69 and Ohmboyz Infinity, a complete redo, is already vastly better. The other plugins in the list range from €99 to €129 and Ohmboyz Infinity has arguabily the same level of feature right now. Our take is that by the end of early access, Ohmboyz Infinity will compete as Delay King in your hearts. That being said we do listen to your feedback. You can see the (rather theoric) process by which we picked a price but what you guys think on the first glance matters. Would you pay €99 for Ohmboyz Infinity if you were confident you'll get on of the best delay ever for that price, or is €99 too much for a delay no matter what?

About Early Access: most video games doing that are fresh company with no or little history of delivering good products. We OTOH are an 18 yo company with a good track records here. Now we agree there has been some abuse on the system and that's why we announce we want to wrap the released version on a sensible timespan (Q4 2018). Still, the idea of an open beta has a lot of appeal to us. There's the feedback but also the funding. We can release a product but with more early funding we can make a better product. We think it's a healthy system that benefits everyone: you guys get a better price, we all get a better product, and on our side it's more rewarding

To give you an idea of what we're aiming at, it's a plugin that should have no rival for live action thanks to the Macros² system (check the trailer : most of it is done whith just one loop and four parameter moving over time). On the top of that you get roughly as much modulation as Timeless 2, roughly as much extra fx (more to come) than Relayer, and some UI inspiration from various sources. It's also one of the few delay that actually has tap. And of course tape emulation. It's already more a multi fx than just a delay - already a reverb, a loop mangler and with enough funding through early access it will probably go up to being a filter bank as well.
Do you have plans for an upgrade price for Ohmboyz license owners?

Was so excited to read the announcement that the ohmies are back! I wish them the best with whatever they have in store :hug:

I also urge them to reconsider the pricing. €79 tops. Personally, I'm tempted to support them in getting back into the plugin game. A Cohmpletion or Ohmboyz upgrade offer might soften the blow for the old customers, but even then, to new customers €99 (or higher after early bird) looks expensive and has seriously hefty competition that can be regularly snagged in sales.

All this is first impressions though, subject to change.

TL;DR but does Elton got mentioned yet?
Last edited by soulone82 on Fri May 25, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Force wrote:About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz.
Thanks for joining us :tu:

You are right that on face value your plugin seems well-placed. The thing is that the market is so over-saturated that developers normally offer really good intro-pricing and many have regular sales.

If you want your plug to be measured against ReplikaXT, then it needs to be mentioned that they gave away the core of the plugin for free (Some would say to beta-test), and then offered a fantastic upgrade price (which is also slashed in half at least once a year)

You are also referring to Infinity as though the price is going to be 99 euros...which it isn't. If it were to finish at a final price of 99, with a beta-test at 69, for example, it would be a completely different proposition.

If it were me, I'd prefer to sell a product to 10,000 people for $1, than to 1000 people at $10. But don't listen to me - I'm f**king broke :tu:

Return to “Effects”