Sugar Bytes - Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Factory

Gonna be prolly a month or so before that project gets real traction... have to finish a set I'm working on for RePro-1 that no one knows about yet...shhh... ;]

(FWIW, I totally understand about silly old rent and such =P)

Sugar Bytes wrote:
Hez wrote:Anyone else having trouble with the wavetable oscs? They won't load at all on my PC, not sure if it's because I don't store my VSTs in the default C:\ etc. Steinberg location? When I click the menu to select a new wavetable, it comes up with a blank list.

Bizarrely it found the factory presets fine, which are in the same location (relative to the separate drive I have my VSTs on), so kind of strange.
Hi Hez,

do you have the same problem with the standalone version which should be found in the application folder of Factory?

Wavetables should be in your documents folder.
Please doublecheck that the Wavetables folder exists in this folder:
\Users\YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)\Documents\Sugar Bytes\Factory\Wavetables

If you are familiar with Windows registry, could you please look at this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sugar Bytes\Factory

To open the windows registry click the windows key + r. Then type regedit and press enter.
Now the regedit application should be launched. Now browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sugar Bytes\Factory
Right click on the Factory folder and choose export, then save this file and send it to me (support@sugar-bytes.de) so i can investigate.

Best,
Nadine
I got that problem.
And fixed it by changing the relative path at "WavetablesPath" to an absolute one. It probably fixes all because it's looking for the files in the same drive except Factory is on a different drive than the samples.
edit : And same for the samples folder. (It was something like "samples/" or "/samples" if my memory is correct)

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello, Factory users! Though I only picked up Factory this year, I feel that it is the best soft synth made thus far, and is worthy deep exploration and community research. To this end, I have made a Discord, the Cult of Factory!

In this discord we can share tips, patches, transformer samples, news, ideas, music made with Factory or Cyclop, or just banter with like-minded folks. Now, I'm not shaking you down for all your secrets and techniques, so don't feel pressured to tell everybody everything or give up your prized patches, I'm just proposing a place where we can help each other out :D

This is the link to it: https://discord.gg/PPXUeWK (https://discord.gg/PPXUeWK)

And that link does not expire.

By the way, I am a long time lurker, but first time poster. I felt this was important enough to make an account for.

Join the Cult and tell other users about the Cult, and we can build a strong community around this beautiful instrument :)

factory's weird, odd... pretty great. what i would like to see... more soundsets for it. anyone?

fisherKing wrote:factory's weird, odd... pretty great. what i would like to see... more soundsets for it. anyone?
I’d like to make some presets for it but have been too busy lately. i really like the synth and I think it deserves more attention. :)

Examigan wrote:
fisherKing wrote:factory's weird, odd... pretty great. what i would like to see... more soundsets for it. anyone?
I’d like to make some presets for it but have been too busy lately. i really like the synth and I think it deserves more attention. :)

dude. stop having (what-do-you-call it?) a life... and get to work... 8)

fisherKing wrote:
Examigan wrote:

:hihi:

Ok, ok...I did create a preset a while ago as an example of how it can sound. It's over on my SoundCloud page. I will try to make some more presets soon.

Examigan wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
Examigan wrote:

Ok, ok...I did create a preset a while ago as an example of how it can sound. It's over on my SoundCloud page. I will try to make some more presets soon.
...and that soundcloud page would be...?....

Some Factory/Cyclop sounds from my combined library of 300 presets total.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... torycyclop

Surprisingly one of my better selling libraries considering nobody talks about these synths.

I also found this one in the depths of hell.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=470799

It's not very good and the sounds all named in such a way that every time you open the preset browser you are met with the entire pack. 2/10, would not recommend, wag's sounds far better.

That said, the Matthias Fuchs presets along with the Sugar Bytes ones are the best presets in there. I mainly make neuro/dubstep type basses so those are all I need when I need to make a pad or something, I never use presets for basses. Still, making dark cinematic pads is not too hard with this synth. The sample and hold is crazy powerful and the effects are better than most high end third party ones.

What's kind of hard is making typical EDM sounds, not that I do that often. I tried to make a polyphonic supersaw in this once and left the session utterly defeated. The closest you can get is using wavetable drone on a saw and upping the jitter to simulate unison.

It is unconventional, but for basses, pads, soundscapes, and plucks that is a good thing. Leads take more practice.

I could put together a bass pack, but I like my basses in my folder, warm and cozy :D

fisherKing wrote:
Examigan wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
Examigan wrote:

...and that soundcloud page would be...?....
I have to clear out a few of the examples I posted on there, but here you go:
https://soundcloud.com/examigan

thanx will check that out (at least, sounds for plugins i own)...

The End wrote:I also found this one in the depths of hell.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=470799

It's not very good and the sounds all named in such a way that every time you open the preset browser you are met with the entire pack. 2/10, would not recommend, wag's sounds far better.

That said, the Matthias Fuchs presets along with the Sugar Bytes ones are the best presets in there. I mainly make neuro/dubstep type basses so those are all I need when I need to make a pad or something, I never use presets for basses. Still, making dark cinematic pads is not too hard with this synth. The sample and hold is crazy powerful and the effects are better than most high end third party ones.

What's kind of hard is making typical EDM sounds, not that I do that often. I tried to make a polyphonic supersaw in this once and left the session utterly defeated. The closest you can get is using wavetable drone on a saw and upping the jitter to simulate unison.

It is unconventional, but for basses, pads, soundscapes, and plucks that is a good thing. Leads take more practice.

I could put together a bass pack, but I like my basses in my folder, warm and cozy :D
Try using pwm on both oscillators at different rates and then running it all through the maximizer effect and then use the onboard unison. You can get supersaws out the wazoo pretty simply. Just many of the controls aren't where you would normally expect them to be.
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

looks like I never put a link in this thread:
HERE is hecticalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDx_ZY86y4w
the soundcloud audio is better, but ... the sounds are really not fully represented. I really need to do "one off" demo audio for the presets. They really are pretty cool. Hope ya like'em!

i can vouch for blortblort's factory set, it's excellent!...

Return to “Instruments”