Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I am really happy about the updated GUI (clean GUI zooming) and the linear knob behavior of the Roland Cloud Jupiter-8 plugin in the latset v1.05 update. Makes the plugin even better than it alraedy was.

Activating "Optimize For Lower CPU Usage" in the Options menu reduces the CPU lad to around 50-60% of the full quality CPU use. Compared to the first version of the Jupiter-8 plugin even at full quality the CPU load is MUCH lower at the current version.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Activating "Optimize For Lower CPU Usage" in the Options menu reduces the CPU lad to around 50-60% of the full quality CPU use. Compared to the first version of the Jupiter-8 plugin even at full quality the CPU load is MUCH lower at the current version.
I tried this, and I'm not sure exactly what it does technically, but it does affect the sound quite a bit, at least in the few patches I tried. I had a thick, detuned pad, and with the optimised CPU load option turned on, the thickness and swirly detuned-ness is lessened and becomes more static - it's like it switches to a more CPU efficient but much lower accuracy emulation mode.

I think some of these Roland plugs are now amongst the very best sounding VST's I own...sorry, 'rent' (including Diva, Repro, Legend et al)

Its a pity they are under the radar for so many people due to the subscription model, but I am personally happy to haver an apparently never ending source of really high quality VSTs for 200 bucks a year, I would have spent that anyway on other stuff if |I wasn't getting my fill from Roland so in the end its probably saving me money :D :borg:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The update does make the more enjoyable, the mono plugouts got note priority selection too.

I spend the afternoon using the plugouts along the system 8 and it is almost the "HW/SW" control of synths I have been waiting for, there are a few show stoppers as the lack of the synchronization of the S8 lights with the current selected plugout. No problem with the S8, Juno and Jupiter but becomes annoying if you want to control each one of the mono plugouts, but even then after a while you start to develope muscle memory.

I think the system 1m and the Roland cloud are a great combo for ITB production with some hardware feel.
dedication to flying

SLiC wrote:I think some of these Roland plugs are now amongst the very best sounding VST's I own...sorry, 'rent' (including Diva, Repro, Legend et al)

Its a pity they are under the radar for so many people due to the subscription model, but I am personally happy to haver an apparently never ending source of really high quality VSTs for 200 bucks a year, I would have spent that anyway on other stuff if |I wasn't getting my fill from Roland so in the end its probably saving me money :D :borg:
The Roland Cloud analog emulations indeed are along the best sounding analog modeled plugins together with e.g. The Legend, U-He Diva, U-He Repro-5, Korg Odyssey, TAL plugins and Xils Lab plugins (FWIW i own most of those i just mentioned).

Besides that also the digital emulations like JV-1080 (which actually is a XV-5080) and D-50 are very nice too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

rod_zero wrote:The update does make the more enjoyable, the mono plugouts got note priority selection too.

I spend the afternoon using the plugouts along the system 8 and it is almost the "HW/SW" control of synths I have been waiting for, there are a few show stoppers as the lack of the synchronization of the S8 lights with the current selected plugout. No problem with the S8, Juno and Jupiter but becomes annoying if you want to control each one of the mono plugouts, but even then after a while you start to develope muscle memory.

I think the system 1m and the Roland cloud are a great combo for ITB production with some hardware feel.
I agree, my system 1m is now used twice as much as a controller (now the CPU use is reasonable) and as part of my modular system when I want to get away from the monitor and play with hardware :tu:

Given the quantity of cloud based apps now I wonder if Roland will ever do 'just a controller'?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I got sucked into the Cloud this month thinking I'd check it out for a month to get the updates, cancel, andt end up with unauthorized versions of the System-8 plugouts that resized correctly and used less CPU. I'm a System-8 owner, so that would've been worth the price of a single month just for librarian-type reasons.

Having signed up, I'm really impressed with how much the Cloud subscription has grown compared to the two demo months I previously had. There's been a ton of stuff added, and the updates have been good. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep the subscription going indefinitely, and I'd MUCH rather just pay $599 or something to buy a bundle of perpetual licenses, but I do think if you're going to create a subscription only approach like this, adding lots of new products and updating old ones on a regular basis is the way to go and Roland/Virtualsonics have at least done that.

It’s definitely great having the linear knob control and note priority options, but I’ve found that the purchased SYSTEM 1 plugin has no crackles on my system while the cloud version does. In other words, seems like the cloud version is less optimised!

rod_zero wrote:I remember they already said that the plugins from the content store won't get updates, yep terrible customer experience.
haven't been following, but was wondering about this... :dog: un-f'ing-believable.

[EDIT: of course it is, this is Roland we're dealing with.]

In case anyone's interested, I posted a bank of 64 System-8 presets on Gearslutz:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... count=6446

jbuonacc wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I remember they already said that the plugins from the content store won't get updates, yep terrible customer experience.
haven't been following, but was wondering about this... :dog: un-f'ing-believable.
I just now updated my legendary series cloud plugins and found out the knob behaviour has changed so I went looking for updates for the content store plugins i've purchased earlier to find out they're not updated. This sucks actually, didn't know about this either.

They better come up with a proper compensation as I have purchased four plugins and if they aren't updated anymore, it's not very fair play.

Now I don't know if I should stick to the plugouts or just install all from cloud. I've got plenty of unfinished stuff running a lot of plugouts. Damn.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/home/news/5-4-update-1

New FLAVR instrument (2.5 Gig of samples, some pretty nice) and they have added a bunch of effects in a rack to the FLAVR (Concerto) instruments.

A bit dull, not what I am waiting for!
Last edited by SLiC on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

there was changes on the GUIs?

Can someone share some screenshots?

waltercruz wrote:there was changes on the GUIs?

Can someone share some screenshots?
GUI is the same, just much sharper and clearer even when scaled very large. knob action was also changed so much easier to use (just up/down action, no fake rotary)

SLiC wrote:https://www.rolandcloud.com/home/news/5-4-update-1

New FLAVR instrument (2.5 Gig of samples, some pretty nice) and they have added a bunch of effects in a rack to the FLAVR (Concerto) instruments.

A bit dull, not what I am waiting for!
I got the email saying "Roland Cloud" and I was excited for a second. "Is this a new instrument?" :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

"Inspired by and designed for creators of Hip Hop and Neo Soul, RESIN provides you with a tool-kit inspired by these legendary genres. "

Back to waiting on a JD synth :lol:

Return to “Instruments”