Exponential Audio goes machine iLok

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sqigls wrote:you need to update the License Manager too
I'm using the latest version, I am on windows though. Version is: 4.1.1.2170 (r41489)

*He is a Mac developer, maybe there is an issue for windows, anyone trying should
contact him if it isn't working to find out for sure.

I just keep it on my iLok, and will continue to do so.

OK it worked for me!

Focusrite R2 giveaway owners (Windows):

- If you're like me you had the R2 license "deposited" in your iLok account but you didn't have a dongle so you just left it there

- Make sure the iLok manager app is up to date

- In iLok, 'Activate' the R2 license to your local computer

- Goto https://www.exponentialaudio.com/win-downloads and download R2

- Install R2

- Ignore the install complete statement that says "This software requires iLok2 or iLok3 as well as the iLok License Manager to enable your license."

- Run a new plugin scan on your DAWm add it to your plugin list and launch it

Works yeah?

Just checked again. I have the latest iLok software, and the latest R2 version. Still only allows for dongle activation… maybe it works for initial activations.

Or they indeed checked who has some Focusrite hardware, and who not. I got R2 gifted by someone. Can't imagine they conduct such an effort though.

Duh... Okay, apparently the iLok manager takes into account the number of available
activations. It showed only the dongle as supported because I already used my single
activation. Deactivating it lists the machine as a possible destination.

Ooh. That makes sense then. Considering it only allows 1 activation, i rather leave it on the dongle though.

LOL!

A little too late... I didn't use the iLok protected Focusrite gift and now he is saying you can use it without iLok... So I am screwed and everyone else that skipped it.
It's easy if you know how

Could have just grabbed it anyway though. Besides, i doubt the freebie users are nearly as relevant as the paying customers, who all get the chance to use iLok machine activation now as well.

Since I can finally use this (Focusrite giveaway but no iLok dongle) I have to say this is such an impressive verb and has got me thinking the hype on Exponential reverbs is probably warranted.

Thanks Exponential Audio and you have my attention.

I recently experienced a HD crash, and lost many of the licenses.
I had to reach out to companies to reset them, and they did.
I don't think it will be an option if it happens again, so I moved all the licenses to the hardware iLok for safety. At least $45 is better than losing thousands of licenses.

Ideally the iLok Cloud will be supported, and that will be much better than HD or Hardware licensing.

So, it looks like those of us who got R2 from the Focusrite promo have
another chance to upgrade to R4 or the R4 + R2 Surround bundle for
less than the original offer IIRC. $139 for R4 and $335 for the bundle,
during the current sale.

I'm surprised it's on offer actually. Again I am tempted to get R4.

Then again, that latest Spitfire reverb shootout ended with the R2 on top.

Fleer wrote:Then again, that latest Spitfire reverb shootout ended with the R2 on top.
Did it? Hmm I’ll have to look that up. I liked R4 a lot, I just didn’t want to pony up that much for a reverb at the time. Much as it was for me with your coveted Adaptiverb :D

King of verbs!
Here’s the vid:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SM02GXXeHH0#

Return to “Effects”