Presonus Notation 6.4 released (updated intigration with StudioOne 4)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Integration my foot... integration is like when Propellerheads integrated Record 1.0 with Reason 4.0. now that's integration.

Integration of Notion with Studio One 4, is when two applications are seamlessly merged with each other as one package. Is there even a staff and notation in Studio One 4, nope... Who are Presonus trying to kid here lol ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Integration my foot... integration is like when Propellerheads integrated Record 1.0 with Reason 4.0. now that's integration.

Integration of Notion with Studio One 4, is when two applications are seamlessly merged with each other as one package. Is there even a staff and notation in Studio One 4, nope... Who are Presonus trying to kid here lol ?
Wow, do you just hang arpund all of the Presonus threads posting negative comments? When do you find time to make music?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:

Wow, do you just hang arpund all of the Presonus threads posting negative comments? When do you find time to make music?
Night Time :)... Just finished a track a few nights ago.

As for being negative, not always... only really when I think it's necessary, I do post positive comments however, see here for examples of such.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Yeah, no.
I get that's not a x. release but I'd appreciate if Presonus spared us the sensationalism and said 'here's something nice that makes good use of the chord track thing and has a few fixes'
Integration is when I move a note on the piano roll and the score updates itself.

I still have hopes that it will happen at some point but I'm not holding my breath.

Notion has great potential but it's still lacking basic functions like selecting a note on the grand staff treble side and move it to the bass side (or the other way around). Also, drum chart are impossibly complicated to do starting from an imported midi file.

Can we hope for a x. release that justifies your choice of words, Presonus? I mean I appreciate marketing has its rules and stuff but I'm not 13. If you play the hype card, it better be good
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

SLiC wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:

I have to agree with Intrancer here. Integration would mean I could call Notion from inside Studio One, edit in Notion, go back to Studio One, edit in Studio One, go back to Notion, etc. and everything would stay perfectly in sync, with Notion working as a score extension ot Studio One. Is it what's happening here? I don't think so.

Better yet, and since Studio One aims to compete with Cubase and the likes, simply integrate Notion in Studio One Pro, as a Score Editor. Cubase has a score editor, Logic Pro has a score editor, Digital Performer has a score editor. All the older DAWs work and have been implementing more or less advanced ways to work with score.
Last edited by fmr on Sat May 26, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Yep, fully agreed. This isn't integration. It's two separate applications that can send each other files.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”