Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Red_Force wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Red_Force wrote:We think some users will mostly only use patch and Macros².
Has Infinity ditched preset morphing?
Macros² are like preset morphing but better. Way easier to actually use, to create content with, provide way better control. Melohman is super fun but time to create a metapatch was very high (12 presets that has to work well together, including keeping the same loudness) and while pretty controllable, it required a skill entry that was pretty high. Morphing was happening at constant speed, was going only one way, and couldn't easily be stopped at will.

This works much better. I am super happy with that feature. I really think that once you've tried it not having it on the rest of your plugs will feel frustrating. I know I am having fun!
Fair enough. I guess with so little in the way of video etc to go on, we are just speculating.

Have fun :tu:

I have a crazy amount of delays, but for a "king" of delays I would certainly pay $99 or the full price of $129

I get that some will only buy another delay if its bargain priced, but I'm pretty sure if that were the case, you guys would not be working on a "king" of delays.

I'm looking forward to what's to come. I'm more than a bit more intrigued, but not interested in more beta work, so it would literally be just an investment in things to come. Not sure that works personally for me, but again I am eager to see what you guys come up with.

If it is as great as you guys are trying to make it, I'll pay the full price on release.

There will be a competition over that picture pretty soon.

The question remains, will there be an upgrade price for OhmBoyz owners?

Also you mentioned that the funds from early access will be used to pay known names to make presets, I for one would rather have no presets and a cheaper price, I never use presets no matter what ‘legend’ made them

iosys wrote:The question remains, will there be an upgrade price for OhmBoyz owners?

Also you mentioned that the funds from early access will be used to pay known names to make presets, I for one would rather have no presets and a cheaper price, I never use presets no matter what ‘legend’ made them

from the FAQ:

Q: I own good ol’ Ohmboyz not infinity. Where’s my upgrade offer?

A: we’ll probably do one at a point but as you noticed Ohmboy Infinity is nearly a complete redo so don’t expect a huge saving. The current Early Access offer will save you more than the upgrade, which is why it’s not introduced yet.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote: from the FAQ:

Q: I own good ol’ Ohmboyz not infinity. Where’s my upgrade offer?

A: we’ll probably do one at a point but as you noticed Ohmboy Infinity is nearly a complete redo so don’t expect a huge saving. The current Early Access offer will save you more than the upgrade, which is why it’s not introduced yet.
Oh well ... I wont be upgrading if that's the case.

Red_Force wrote:
soulone82 wrote:TL;DR but does Elton got mentioned yet?
Nope but if it's too long and you're in an helpful modd just answer the question in bold above, we'd greatly appreciate it =)
I don´t do business with a company that forbids second hand sellers to state the name of the company in their ads.

:?

This is starting to feel like a WilliamK thread: "If you guys can just give me some money now I'll make something really great, promise. But if I don't get enough money, well, it might not be as great as we all hoped."

I hate this combination of tease, promise and beg. How about just creating a finished product and then sell it? I have good delays already, it doesn't matter to me if this never matures so I'm not interested in taking on any financial risk. If this were the only advanced delay available, or a genuinely revolutionary mega-synth, then of course things would be different. But it's not.

If features or development is in doubt then call it what it is and go to Kickstarter and state your case.

Compare your deal and product to the currently FREE Melda MSpectral Delay. That delay is an amazing contender offering new features in a crowded field, is finished and currently free!

As others have said, betas and early access have been a cancerous poison in gaming. This feels like the same thing except even more expensive.

Also: Your nak ed ki d artwork is deeply weird.

perpetual3 wrote:Blue Cat Late Replies seems much more fully featured.
But has no modulation -> Sandman Pro.

spirit wrote:Compare your deal and product to the currently FREE Melda MSpectral Delay. That delay is an amazing contender offering new features in a crowded field, is finished and currently free!
You know there are spectral delays out there for years, right? Like the ones mspectral delay got "inspired" from... :wink: Comparing it to something that is free for a 2 week introduction isn't that fair either imo. Then Mspectraldelay will cost 99€ too.

Anyways with BCA late replies or Replika XT in mind I don't feel the need for another delay too. Paying for the early access to the plugin isn't something I'd be bothered by if it wasn't that expensive.

Frankly to say, would be interesting to see a bit bigger size of UI screenshot, at first. Not found in site nor google.
EDIT oh there is documentation page, then ok.

Well, by first look it seems like quite complex thing, need try demo, who know.

spirit wrote: I hate this combination of tease, promise and beg. How about just creating a finished product and then sell it?
Then just do that. Buy it when it's finished if you like the demo that will be available then. You don't like the premises of Early Access and you're in good company! When it comes to gaming, I personally am 99% in that crowd too (only one Early Access game on my steam account) :wink: .

Yet Early Access is an additional options, it doesn't replace the classic model, just expand options. People who are sensible to the logic, and appreciate our candor (yes, more money pouring in means better products... :D ), willing to get early version and weight in the design decisions or simply seeking for a smart buy have a better choice offer with Early Access on the table too. Others can just bypass it and still benefits from it because the testing and early funding will improve the plugin for them too.
tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:Blue Cat Late Replies seems much more fully featured.
But has no modulation -> Sandman Pro.
Indeed. Blue Cat is the one with the most extra FX packed in. To a point we think those are good options to add, although we wonder if that much is really needed, or even good for the user - one can be drawn into options and they have to be mostly rewarding most of the time. Typically an item for us to work with the user's feedback. What's most wanted ? More FX, Envelop Follower ?

Our angle is to seek for the best of the Blue Cat approach and the best of the Timeless approach. Lots of modulation, lots of DSP, but in addition and most importantly, Macros². The tricky part is that once you have rich modulation, every FX you add has to work well with them, both from a design and actual DSP standpoint. That's the value you get with all those hard coded plugins vs a reaktor patch: integration. Can be super tricky. For instant, adding pitch shifting within the loop of a delay line is completely different than just pitch shifting.

I've looked a bit at Sandman Pro and while I do like the design and the sound, it seems like a "light" version of Ohmboyz Infinity on several aspects. Modulators seems to have little options and don't seem to be able to modulate each others, no independent taps, oc nothing like Macros, less DSP treatment etc. Don't get me wrong it looks like a plugin with a spectacular action/reward ratio. Smart, elegant design! But if you'd feel like you'd want more options in the same vein Ohmboyz Infinity may actually for you.

Look, I realize you shouldn't have to take my word for it. An extensive video about what Ohmboyz Infinit does would help a lot more, I can see that. I'll try to do one. Hopefully you guyz can stand my french accent :P

Red_Force wrote:Our angle is to seek for the best of the Blue Cat approach and the best of the Timeless approach.
Seeing as you mentioned these, I'll share my favourite things about each:

- Late Replies - For me, the killer feature is the hosting. To be able to have a different 3rd party delay hosted on each tap is really something else :love:

- Timeless - Tied filter manipulation. One of the best things about the original Ohmboyz is those 'dangerous' filters :o They can be ridden to within a hair of total speaker/headphone destruction, to be backed off, then bought back ever-so-close, once again. It's like playing an instrument. Timeless improves on this, imo, by connecting the filters of both delay lines, and cutoff/res with a great x/y control. This makes that manipulation so much more fun, as you don't have to juggle four separate controls

I also wanted to share further thoughts about this idea of being 'King' of delays. Everyone will have their ideas what that entails, and I think that if Ohmboyz mkI is anything to go by then your focus is going to be on crazy, off-the-wall modulation possibilities. Thing is, that's not what everyone is looking for out of a delay. A lot of the presets that came with the original were great proof of concept, and fine examples of the effects' abilities, but they were often so insane that I wonder how many of them actually made it into anybody's finished projects. I don't doubt there are people who absolutely want this, otherwise why would you be developing this aspect :shrug:

For me, to be able to call a delay the 'King' of delays, it would need the customisable saturation/vibe of Echoboy; the filters of Ohmboyz, set up similarly to Timeless; the diffusion of Replika xt; the reverse of RP-delay; the springverb, and wow/flutter of Outer Space; the modulation of Ohmboyz; the ducking, taps, and hosting of Late Replies...and the visualisation/gui of Replika XT.
I wouldn't for a moment expect you to even want to cover all that ground, but that's really where I'd expect the King to be heading :tu:

I do think that in the end I will want 'Infinity', but given that I still haven't made the jump to buy Late Replies, it is not something i could commit to for a while. I am looking forward to more details, as they are released :tu:

When Ohmboyz was released (...18 years ago...) it was arguably the king of the delay, bc the competition was much thinner, and less elaborate. It lasted for quite a few years though!

Clearly this can't be a thing anymore. Still there's this scope of "if I can only take one with me on an island, which one will it be?", or "what's the best all purpose delay". We're having one eye on the guitar world and one eye on the EDM world. We think we can pull up something that will be rewarding quickly but also in depth for people who wants a killer specialization of their fender as well as becoming a weapon of choice for your electronic live musician. But you're right, it wouldn't make sense to try to cover each and every ground a delay can cover anymore.

Red_Force wrote:When Ohmboyz was released (...18 years ago...) it was arguably the king of the delay, bc the competition was much thinner, and less elaborate. It lasted for quite a few years though!

Clearly this can't be a thing anymore. Still there's this scope of "if I can only take one with me on an island, which one will it be?", or "what's the best all purpose delay". We're having one eye on the guitar world and one eye on the EDM world. We think we can pull up something that will be rewarding quickly but also in depth for people who wants a killer specialization of their fender as well as becoming a weapon of choice for your electronic live musician. But you're right, it wouldn't make sense to try to cover each and every ground a delay can cover anymore.
To be fai, it was you who started talking in terms of kings. However, this post is definitely a bit more of a realisable approach :tu:

Return to “Effects”