Any Opinions on UVI World Suite?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks for illumination
That kind of information might have been shared by UVI in the first place.
If it was, I missed it.
Ethno World II might have been more appropriate/accurate rather than naming it something that appeared to be brand new.

Musical Gym wrote:Ethno World II might have been more appropriate/accurate rather than naming it something that appeared to be brand new.
There is already an Ethno World II by Best Service. :?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I forgot about their Ethno World series.

Musical Gym wrote:I forgot about their Ethno World series.
I think you might have meant Ethno 3 - as it's essentially an update of Ethno 2 by MOTU. :wink:
http://motu.com/products/software/ethno

Armadillo wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:I forgot about their Ethno World series.
I think you might have meant Ethno 3 - as it's essentially an update of Ethno 2 by MOTU. :wink:
http://motu.com/products/software/ethno
I think they are trying to distance themselves from MOTU in their marketing, since it is really no longer a MOTU product.

EDIT: Although it includes all the old content from Ethno 2, it's not just a re-branded Ethno 2, I don't think. World Suite is 42GB (or 28GB compressed) vs. Ethno 2 which is 21GB (uncompressed). So it has doubled in size.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

FYI: you can still get the $199 upgrade deal from UVI if you email them and ask them.
I've just done it myself.

For any of the Traditions users: how does it stack up against Garritan World Instruments?

So, World Suite is on sale for $179. Worth it?

well it is funny as an Australian to see their version of Australian instruments - of the 14 listed only one is Australian :) the rest are from New Guinea and some near-ish Pacific island communities eg New Caledonia.

djshire wrote:So, World Suite is on sale for $179. Worth it?
I am interested in opinions on this as well. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Just to make things clear. Opinions are not facts and opinions are personal. I just bought the World Suite and on a scale from 1 to 10, where 10 is outstanding, I give it a 7. It's pretty good and the samples have good quality. I mostly focused on the Asian instruments so far. I live in Hong Kong and I do know how a real erhu, pipa and some other Chinese instruments sound in real life. I still have much to discover on how to use and play the different instruments in the best way. There are some different articulations for a number of the instruments and you can tweak certain parameters as well.

$179 is a bit steep and I would certainly not have paid any $299 for it. I been looking around for alternatives and especially with focus on Asian instruments. So far I didn't find anything on the market that blew me away. When I look at the market as a whole for Asian instruments I believe that UVI World Suite is one of the better out there. I will not swear on it, but I don't think UVI will sell World Suite at a cheaper price any time soon.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Just to make things clear. Opinions are not facts and opinions are personal. I just bought the World Suite and on a scale from 1 to 10, where 10 is outstanding, I give it a 7. It's pretty good and the samples have good quality. I mostly focused on the Asian instruments so far. I live in Hong Kong and I do know how a real erhu, pipa and some other Chinese instruments sound in real life. I still have much to discover on how to use and play the different instruments in the best way. There are some different articulations for a number of the instruments and you can tweak certain parameters as well.

$179 is a bit steep and I would certainly not have paid any $299 for it. I been looking around for alternatives and especially with focus on Asian instruments. So far I didn't find anything on the market that blew me away. When I look at the market as a whole for Asian instruments I believe that UVI World Suite is one of the better out there. I will not swear on it, but I don't think UVI will sell World Suite at a cheaper price any time soon.
Thanks for the honest assessment. Much appreciated.

I also got it with the sale. The quality of instruments is surprisingly good, considering the number of instruments available. There's also a ton of loops and the Travelers multis. Overall, I'm pretty pleased.

I bought it. Yet to try it out, since I haven't gotten a chance to set up my new computer. Will report back once I do.

So when I went to download it, it looked like it was going to take a very long time, so I just left my computer on overnight.

Woke up to "network error". I may try again sometime.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”