[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

SLiC wrote:
dellboy wrote: Another problem is vst scanning, or lack of, it seems to take an eternity and then get stuck. Anyone else finding this ?
Nope, supper snappy - 240 plug ins! Scans every time now but takes about 5 seconds to boot in (Win 10 64), you must have a bad 'un in there (at least one S1 thinks is bad)- can you see which one is stopping at?
Same here, quickest scan of any DAW I own, about 7 seconds and gives a plugin count of 954, and no issues while scanning,
Say NO to CLAP!

Other than we as on lookers and users of Studio One, there is one prediction that you can count on... and that's music magazine publications picking up on it... https://www.soundonsound.com/news/preso ... -4-out-now Always interesting to see what magazines make of it..

As for the issues with Hi-DPI & Windows 7 I covered... it's not gone un-noticed,.. and if not by the actual developers yet, they soon will be... so it's a bit of watch this space I recon... I have my contacts... :wink:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:I have my contacts... :wink:
Maybe you should insert them then, that might be the cause of the problem you are having with the display all along :D
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:I have my contacts... :wink:
Maybe you should insert them then, that might be the cause of the problem you are having with the display all along :D
The double meaning was intentional, but more to the point.. this one has legs and walks ;)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:but more to the point.. this one has legs and walks ;)
A seeing eye dog? . . hmmm, not sure that will help
Say NO to CLAP!

As I predicted I would, I bit the bullet and upgraded. I've had S4 crash a couple times bringing up older songs but once I reload and try again it all works. I seriously love the drum sequencer (especially the variations and how you select them in the song) and the drag and drop sample loads in Impact and SampleOne XT. Haven't tried the chord thingy yet but will over this weekend.

FWIW, I have had no issues at all visually and do prefer the new graphics and changes over S3. I am not a 4K guy though.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Yep, definitely a nice upgrade. Finally able to use Impact, with native layering. Step sequencer is nice, drum editor is nice, and i like the GUI changes as well.

Upgraded too this morning and I love it so far. It's perfectly stable and since I had dropped all other drum plugins for the immediacy of Impact, its new features will get a lot of use here.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Chemik wrote:the drag and drop sample loads in Impact and SampleOne XT.
I haven't tried it with Sample One yet but that also works directly with instrument clips. You can drag and drop any or all of a midi clip directly from the timeline to an Impact pad and it renders the audio and loads the pad. Like drawing a range selection over part of a midi clip on the timeline and dragging it directly to Impact.

LawrenceF wrote:
Chemik wrote:the drag and drop sample loads in Impact and SampleOne XT.
I haven't tried it with Sample One yet but that also works directly with instrument clips. You can drag and drop any or all of a midi clip directly from the timeline to an Impact pad and it renders the audio and loads the pad. Like drawing a range selection over part of a midi clip on the timeline and dragging it directly to Impact.
Wow, I did not know that was possible. Thanks for sharing that.

One feature I will be using a lot is the song import features. The browser files tab can be used to drag and drop individual song elements from a saved song into the current song. I plan on creating some songs which serve as libraries for all sorts of reusable song bits (effects chains, instrument parts, entire tracks, etc.)
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

What;s Presonus' policy on the bundled Studio One versions? Are all the bundles still with V3 or do we somehow get a V4 key if we buy a new Presonus interface right now?
You are not a beautiful snowflake.

So I spent a couple hours loading older songs to make sure everything was working. 2 odd quirks.
1. I've had to adjust volume levels with every song I load. I'm assuming Presonus did some work on the sound side. Nothing big, but every song has required a couple fader tweaks.
2. For some odd reason, I have to open my interfaces for all of my SuperWave plugs before I hear any sound. Once I open them, I get sound. If I close and reopen the song, I have to open the interfaces again to get sound. Not a deal breaker since it is an easy click or 2 but just so weird.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Chemik wrote:So I spent a couple hours loading older songs to make sure everything was working. 2 odd quirks.
1. I've had to adjust volume levels with every song I load. I'm assuming Presonus did some work on the sound side. Nothing big, but every song has required a couple fader tweaks.
2. For some odd reason, I have to open my interfaces for all of my SuperWave plugs before I hear any sound. Once I open them, I get sound. If I close and reopen the song, I have to open the interfaces again to get sound. Not a deal breaker since it is an easy click or 2 but just so weird.
Are you sure about #1? I'd be very surprised/worried if that were that the case. Did you try to confirm by exporting a mix from version 3 and the same mix from version 4 to see if they phase null? Outside of some modulation time-domain effects (which you could always disable prior to render to be sure), I'd absolutely expect that they would. If not, I'd consider that a huge issue.

My guess is that they didn't tinker with any levels in the audio engine and your brain is tricking your ears into thinking they did. Happens to everyone. Either that, or there's some bug (or a resolved bug) that impacted some plugin and the volume it outputs. Something like that.

The main problem I have with Studio One is that it just works.

Where's the fun in that ?

Regarding the plugin scan: Takes about 15 seconds for 200 scanned plugins here. Can't complain about that. :) Overall, it seems version 4 is more snappy when it comes to the startup. I think 3.5 took longer.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”