Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

I own and love all of your original plugins. How about leave them exactly as they are and just make a new option for a bigger GUI and release it as a free update. I'm not interested in new features, especially for that price, I just want to be able to use the plugins, I have already purchased, on a modern system.

How about taking the same route as NI with Replika and Replika XT? Make a simpler version of Ohmboyz Infinity and sell it at a lower price point (like $79, say). Offer an upgrade/crossgrade path from the original Ohmboyz for like $49. Finally, offer the "premium" version of Ohmboyz Infinity at a "premium" price tag, and offer upgrade/crossgrade paths to that as well.

The current intro pricing is already critical IMHO, but what bugs me the most is that it doesn't offer anything at all for your loyal customers who supported you by buying one or more of your plugins in the past. Saying that the final upgrade price will be higher than the current price (which is available to anyone) is even more problematic in that regard as it kind of punishes the people who already gave you their money. Just my 2c

I noticed that VAT is included and doesn’t look like it’s removed when at checkout if you’re from a non VAT paying country?
Why is that Red_Force?
It would make it more affordable for non Europeans if it was taken off...

Red_Force wrote:When Ohmboyz was released (...18 years ago...) it was arguably the king of the delay, bc the competition was much thinner, and less elaborate. It lasted for quite a few years though!

Clearly this can't be a thing anymore. Still there's this scope of "if I can only take one with me on an island, which one will it be?", or "what's the best all purpose delay". We're having one eye on the guitar world and one eye on the EDM world. We think we can pull up something that will be rewarding quickly but also in depth for people who wants a killer specialization of their fender as well as becoming a weapon of choice for your electronic live musician. But you're right, it wouldn't make sense to try to cover each and every ground a delay can cover anymore.

imo all the ohmforce plug ins have a sound to them. a certain presence. it's one of the things that makes them desirable and helps them find their way into my tracks even after all these years.

infinity has that same thing going for it as well as all the new features (and more to come right?) so i'm content w/it and i feel like i got a good value for my $$$..

though.. seems someone made a good point about the VAT not being deducted for not VAT countries.

none of that is a deal breaker for me though.

also would like to add to chorus of people asking for updated UIs on the older plug ins to make them more usable on modern systems. i'd really like that and perhaps clean up any other issues w/them. bigger guis though would be great. there's a few gui bugs here or there.. menu boxes for saving presets etc show up in weird places sometimes.

all fixed in time i hope.

good luck w/the new plug in. i really like it. it's immediately useful and sounds awesome.

I own Ohmboyz, best delay still.. after so many years .. i will have to try a demo of Infi ity because its too expensive for users who already own other awesome plugins.

also.. its been so quite from Ohmforce for many years. I dont feel comfortable enough to invest in a beta version..... need to demo.

Sucht999 wrote:I own and love all of your original plugins. How about leave them exactly as they are and just make a new option for a bigger GUI and release it as a free update. I'm not interested in new features, especially for that price, I just want to be able to use the plugins, I have already purchased, on a modern system.
That was an option but we had such a long list of things we wanted to do with Ohmboyz. For instant LFO don't sync on the timeline, just BPM. So each time you hit play you have a synched LFO rythm, but not position. Simply changing this (which wasn't possible back in the early days of Ohmboyz) makes a world of difference. A ton of things have become possible possible that weren't previously.
dayjob wrote:though.. seems someone made a good point about the VAT not being deducted for not VAT countries.
I am that close to provide an answer but even I, after all those years, am not sure not to say something wrong. VAT can be a little complex. If you ask me a specific point about I can then get an accurate explanation from Mauve Force
dayjob wrote:(and more to come right?)
Oh yes. We'll post about what's to come in the short term next week on our blog, but we'll also need you guys feedback on what we should do next. Not that we lack ideas =)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Red_Force wrote:About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz.
You are right that on face value your plugin seems well-placed. The thing is that the market is so over-saturated that developers normally offer really good intro-pricing and many have regular sales.

If you want your plug to be measured against ReplikaXT, then it needs to be mentioned that they gave away the core of the plugin for free (Some would say to beta-test), and then offered a fantastic upgrade price (which is also slashed in half at least once a year)

You are also referring to Infinity as though the price is going to be 99 euros...which it isn't. If it were to finish at a final price of 99, with a beta-test at 69, for example, it would be a completely different proposition.

If it were me, I'd prefer to sell a product to 10,000 people for $1, than to 1000 people at $10.
+1

simmo75 wrote:I
It would make it more affordable for non EU citizens if it was taken off...
fixed that for you...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sucht999 wrote:I own and love all of your original plugins. How about leave them exactly as they are and just make a new option for a bigger GUI and release it as a free update. I'm not interested in new features, especially for that price, I just want to be able to use the plugins, I have already purchased, on a modern system.
dayjob wrote:also would like to add to chorus of people asking for updated UIs on the older plug ins to make them more usable on modern systems. i'd really like that and perhaps clean up any other issues w/them. bigger guis though would be great. there's a few gui bugs here or there.. menu boxes for saving presets etc show up in weird places sometimes.
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Something more like the Audio Damage model might go down better. Top price for new buyers, but only $10 to upgrade from previous versions. €99 is way too much.
For me, that goes too far in the other direction. I think 60-70% of the price would be acceptable to me, assuming I though the upgrade specifics, including the overall price, were worthy
+1

Red_Force wrote:I've looked a bit at Sandman Pro and while I do like the design and the sound, it seems like a "light" version of Ohmboyz Infinity on several aspects. Modulators seems to have little options and don't seem to be able to modulate each others
Wrong, of course they can and it is even obvious. :-)
Different tap times probably by modulating delay times. But of course, Sandman is a different beast and hardly comparable with BC.

I may not have been clear. I was refereing to a LFO modulating another LFO. Typical use is to modulate either amplitude or period but many other paremeter within an LFO are interesting to modulate. That would require horizontal cabling in their UI. Does it permit that?

Yes, it does. Try it!

Red_Force wrote:I may not have been clear. I was refereing to a LFO modulating another LFO. Typical use is to modulate either amplitude or period but many other paremeter within an LFO are interesting to modulate. That would require horizontal cabling in their UI. Does it permit that?

yeah. it does all that and more. check out the demo. the modulation system for all the Unfiltered audio plugins is pretty deep and very modular.

it's a different kind of processor than ohmboyz infinity though. sandman pro can do a lot and to me is unique and very creative. other than delay duties it can be a buffer manipulator, karplus device, crude sampler, mangler, sample rate/bit reducer, looper and more.

it's a well thought out processor with a really great interface. the modulation system is pretty bonkers.

dayjob wrote:
Red_Force wrote:I may not have been clear. I was refereing to a LFO modulating another LFO. Typical use is to modulate either amplitude or period but many other paremeter within an LFO are interesting to modulate. That would require horizontal cabling in their UI. Does it permit that?

yeah. it does all that and more. check out the demo. the modulation system for all the Unfiltered audio plugins is pretty deep and very modular.

it's a different kind of processor than ohmboyz infinity though. sandman pro can do a lot and to me is unique and very creative. other than delay duties it can be a buffer manipulator, karplus device, crude sampler, mangler, sample rate/bit reducer, looper and more.

it's a well thought out processor with a really great interface. the modulation system is pretty bonkers.
If you could only keep one of Sandman Pro or Infinity, which one would you keep?

simmo75 wrote:
dayjob wrote:

If you could only keep one of Sandman Pro or Infinity, which one would you keep?
i don't know how to answer that and thankfully don't have to. i think i'd save up money and make sure i could own both...

edit: because apples and oranges

Return to “Effects”