Zynaptiq SUBSPACE, new reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Subspace

Rockatansky wrote:Black screen, 4 buttons, wet/dry, "send mode", and that's about it.
That's EXACTLY the idea. Try it in the mix. You'll be surprised how good this thing sounds and how quickly you're there.

For me, NOT having to deal with a billion controls to get a good sound is a good thing. I USED to think that more parameters, more bands, more whatevers were somehow related to the quality of the results. I no longer think so. Like with my Quantec QRS - we used gaffer's tape to lock in one specific setting that simply KILLS – One sound, adjust amount, done.

That's the point of the SUBSPACE plugin. If you need more control, or maybe more precisely worded more FUNCTIONALITY, check out ADAPTIVERB, WORMHOLE or MORPH 2.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Fleer wrote:It’s a taste of Adaptiverb, sheer divinity.
Well said!

woggle wrote:
marzelli wrote:
woggle wrote:not worth downloading - just has 4 presets with no adjustments
I expected a bit more too. I also notice the mix controls behavior is odd. Sometimes the wet sound disappears and then the dry sound fades in and then both is playing...
I've uninstalled it - was a very large download for such a simple plugin
I also expected more from a completely free plugin that took up 0.01% of my hard disk space

zynaptiq wrote: The "blank email" thing is NOT how it's supposed to work. That method is for existing subscribers and was emailed to them privately. We'll be cleaning up these incomplete transactions after a while I'd guess...

Best,
denis @zynaptiq
Couldn't you just take it as opting in to the mailing list and use it as a sample of your other plugins?

It is very quick to register on their site for the newsletter. You'll get the code after you confirm.

I couldn't see anywhere on their website where you can sign up to their Mailing List - so I got it via the link posted earlier. I would like to be on the Mailing List and I've been interested in Adaptiverb for awhile, so this will be a goodway to get a proper taste of it. They will definitely lose me as a potential customer if they punish me for simply trying out their plugin.

mcbpete wrote:
woggle wrote:
marzelli wrote:
woggle wrote:not worth downloading - just has 4 presets with no adjustments
I expected a bit more too. I also notice the mix controls behavior is odd. Sometimes the wet sound disappears and then the dry sound fades in and then both is playing...
I've uninstalled it - was a very large download for such a simple plugin
I also expected more from a completely free plugin that took up 0.01% of my hard disk space
Lets say it like that: one feels it was just quickly released for baiting people back into a newsletter. Zynaptiq are not known for that kind of plugins imo which disappointed me. And tbh it doesn't matter to me if its free or takes up tons of disk space, I'll criticize it and it just feels loveless and doesn't make fun (other to the usual Zynaptiq products) :wink:

MogwaiBoy wrote:I couldn't see anywhere on their website where you can sign up to their Mailing List - so I got it via the link posted earlier. I would like to be on the Mailing List and I've been interested in Adaptiverb for awhile, so this will be a goodway to get a proper taste of it. They will definitely lose me as a potential customer if they punish me for simply trying out their plugin.
I don't think they're mad about it, just wanting to clear up the circumvention.
It's my fault for not figuring out how to sign up for the mailing list. :(

zynaptiq wrote:
Havok wrote:not showing up for me in Live 10.0.1 64 bit??

Anyone else come across this problem?
Mac or Windows? VST 2 or VST 3? If Mac: AU? If Mac, which OS version exactly? If on High Sierra, maybe a reboot will help – for some reason that is needed for a bunch of plugins on HS.

Best,
d
Windows 10 (with most recent update) VST 2. I finally got it to show up by running Live in windows 8 compatibility mode if thats any help.

Also, is there a way to subscribe to the newsletter without downloading a demo? Had a look but couldn't find it

Thanks

MogwaiBoy wrote: I couldn't see anywhere on their website where you can sign up to their Mailing List
Yeah, we don't exactly score 10 out of 10 for making this super-easy. The way to do so is to download any of our plugins and opt in when doing so – which has the benefit of giving you another awesome plugin to play with BUT it may not be immediately obvious (though we DO have that info on the SUBSPACE page as well as the NEWS (front) page...). We keep wanting to allocate more time to making the website cooler but then there's only 24 hours to a day and our stuff takes a lot of time to develop – lots of research, lots and LOTS of QA listening and tweaking etc.

A generic newsletter subscribe page is in the works though, and it's not rocket science...but it does take a lot of testing etc to make it rock solid and secure. Now that kind of stuff would be much easier if we were to work with a third party that then deals with all the email stuff for us and in return gets all the user data....hmmm...naaaah, we'll stick with the simpler website I'd say.
MogwaiBoy wrote: They will definitely lose me as a potential customer if they punish me for simply trying out their plugin.
I'm sorry but you completely lost me there :help:

Who's talking about punishing anybody? And what would that "punishment" be exactly? Ah maybe we can bombard you with "angry" smilies on kvr :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

:D

Seriously though, we're not mad. We don'l LIKE the circumvention bit, though we do like the *interest* that shows (a lot, actually).
We just want accurate information out there, depicting the official, clean way how to get what I feel is an absolutely awesome plugin, instead of people finding a "hack" method first when googling and using that , thinking it was legit...

For those that actively choose to circumvent knowing it is a "hack"...I'll request you honor your part of the deal we're offering. "The deal" being straight forward: get the newsletter, get the plugin. I fail to see how that makes me a bad guy, btw :-)

None of this BTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

Feel the newsletter sucks after getting one of the maybe 3 per year? Go for it and unsubscribe. Feel like we "tricked" you? Unsubscribe right after getting the plugin. <tongue in cheek mode> But who knows whether we are one of those companies that sends out exlcusive new stuff to their loyal followers every now and then, like maybe a free reverb (that sounds like da' BOMB!)....there SEEMS to be a precedent for that kind of thing, hmmm....</tic> :D
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

shonky wrote:Couldn't you just take it as opting in to the mailing list and use it as a sample of your other plugins?
With GDPR regulation, that's actually not an easy question to answer. Would we be able to prove that such a user has agreed to receiving emails from us? I'd think NO, as the user could always argue that if he had wanted to get emails, he'd have used the appropriate method to subscribe, which he didn't in that case...opening us up to potentially extremely expensive legal nonsense.

We probably COULD take it as the first of two opt-in steps, but since sender/reply-to etc emails could be spoofed...it's a tricky thing. Hence simply using the intended method of subscribing to get a plugin is really the only method that is somewhat "clean".

But something along those lines is probably what we'll end up doing as "cleaning" up move – email those users with a secondary opt-in confirm email.

I grabbed this a couple of days ago with the blank email. Then when I found out how it was supposed to be done I picked up the Adaptiverb trial with the same email address. I got another email with the same iLok code. So if you want to legitimify your Subspace just grab a trial and join the newsletter again.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:I grabbed this a couple of days ago with the blank email. Then when I found out how it was supposed to be done I picked up the Adaptiverb trial with the same email address. I got another email with the same iLok code. So if you want to legitimify your Subspace just grab a trial and join the newsletter again.
:tu: Yeah, that's right – using the same email address that way WILL work indeed

Havok wrote: Windows 10 (with most recent update) VST 2. I finally got it to show up by running Live in windows 8 compatibility mode if thats any help.
Thank you for the information, we'll investigate – any specific reason for not using VST3?
Havok wrote:Also, is there a way to subscribe to the newsletter without downloading a demo? Had a look but couldn't find it
Right now there isn't actually – working on that!

Ooookay. By popular demand, there's now a "download" form directly on the SUBSPACE page that allows you to register for the newsletter while requesting the download for the plugin that you'll get when you register for the...erm...wait.... :ud: ..you get the idea :D

https://www.zynaptiq.com/subspace/subspace-downloads/

Return to “Effects”