Λspect - Formulas

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Unaspected on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good job. :tu:

The vocals could be tiny bit more 'present' (louder, if you will) but, being honest, no one should trust my worn out ears.

Massive still sounds great. Nice edge to this one. Had me tapping my foot the whole time. Good mix.

Not the usual stuff I listen to but I liked it.

this had a bit of a Ministry vib, and i love Ministry so it gets the cool thumbs up from me :tu:
on the down, i would have prefered the bass without side chain comp.
other than that, top production on it :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thank you all so much for listening and the very encouraging feedback. :)

elassi wrote:Good job. :tu:

The vocals could be tiny bit more 'present' (louder, if you will) but, being honest, no one should trust my worn out ears.
Thank you, Elassi. It might be my mixing. I spent a little too long into stoner rock and have issues with mixing vocals loud. I made them louder after a friend suggested but I guess I still held back a bit too much. I'll try to be more brave next time!

wagtunes wrote:Massive still sounds great. Nice edge to this one. Had me tapping my foot the whole time. Good mix.

Not the usual stuff I listen to but I liked it.
Thank you, Wags. I'm glad that it's accessible even though it might not make it onto your playlists.

layzer wrote:this had a bit of a Ministry vib, and i love Ministry so it gets the cool thumbs up from me :tu:
on the down, i would have prefered the bass without side chain comp.
other than that, top production on it :borg:
Thank you very much, Layzer. That's a big compliment. :)

There are indeed side-chains all over the place in this track but the main reason the bass moves like that is because it is retriggered with the kick and has some attack to it - achieving a similar effect with less plugins.

As a piece of music this is really quite impressinve. The techno style works very well as a foil for the "ambiences" which accompany them. As a demo for a soundset, this has to be one of the best I've ever heard. The fact is that you have constructed a coherent and interesting piece of music to do this. Great soundset too.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:As a piece of music this is really quite impressinve. The techno style works very well as a foil for the "ambiences" which accompany them. As a demo for a soundset, this has to be one of the best I've ever heard. The fact is that you have constructed a coherent and interesting piece of music to do this. Great soundset too.

Good work :)
Thank you for such wonderful compliments. This made my day. :)

Excellent sound design and mixing. Liked the present yet tight bass. I thought the vocals being mixed low was the right choice for the genre. Great job!

Great work on this. Love the bass ,the whole movement of it got my head nodding. lovely ,crisp production.Excellent job! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Sounds good bud : ))

nineofkings wrote:Excellent sound design and mixing. Liked the present yet tight bass. I thought the vocals being mixed low was the right choice for the genre. Great job!
Thank you. I'm glad the vocal sits well. I definitely took note of the previous comment about vocal level but this balancing reply helps me to trust my instincts.

jethrobull wrote:Great work on this. Love the bass ,the whole movement of it got my head nodding. lovely ,crisp production.Excellent job! :tu:
Knowing the track moved you physically makes me happy. Vibe is really important to me.

winkie00 wrote:Sounds good bud : ))
Cheers, mate.

I am truly grateful for all the positive comments and constructive criticism.

An impressive demo for using a single patch library, not always the easiest thing to do. Although not my usual listening material I enjoyed this track, nice job.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

biodiode wrote:An impressive demo for using a single patch library, not always the easiest thing to do. Although not my usual listening material I enjoyed this track, nice job.
Thank you. This track only scratches the surface of the soundbank - there is so much scope in SticksNStones for several of the darker and dirtier musical genres.

It's great knowing that a few people were entertained outside of their usual spheres of listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”