Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

poleda wrote:
ShawnG wrote: There are still DAWs that don't support VST 3, so indeed, if a plugin developer only starts releasing plugs as VST3 only, and those DAWs later add VST3 support, then you will indeed need to upgrade your daw to run the latest plugs. I also am not aware of any RE's made for version 6.5 that do not work in later versions of Reason, but I have purchased MORE than a few VST's over the years that will not run in any of my current spec DAWs
I should of said relevant Major DAW brands.

Which would most likely be a free incremental update anyways.

well sir, I guess you are going on record here as saying that Ableton Live is not a relevant Major DAW brand. And, sure when they do finally add support it will probably be in an incremental update, that still doesn't help people who are 4 versions out of date like yourself.

Got the Ammo 100LA Modular Oscillator from Jiggery Pokery as well. :tu:

I didn't buy anything. I think that REs are too expensive.
Last edited by festeringheap on Thu May 31, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pekbro wrote:Got the Ammo 100LA Modular Oscillator from Jiggery Pokery as well. :tu:
Damn! Where do you find those racks?! :x (This is a nice one for $9! Thanks :) )

You gave me an interesting idea! Make my own modular Synth in Reason! (Yes I know I'm late :hihi: )

There are still 5 days to go for the sale, so in addition to several free racks (mostly utilities), I'm searching for a filter mostly and I'm thinking of either Zplane Morphing Filter or PMS-20 (Mostly I'm getting the latter as I'm a fan of the Korg-MS 20).

I'm not sure if I need to buy other racks for my 'bastard' synth! But I'll check what I have first then fill in the gaps :)

ShawnG wrote: well sir, I guess you are going on record here as saying that Ableton Live is not a relevant Major DAW brand. And, sure when they do finally add support it will probably be in an incremental update, that still doesn't help people who are 4 versions out of date like yourself.
I was talking about version 6.5 to 7 and beyond. That means if you owed version 6, you were unable to run anything from 7 and beyond, because they made it a mandatory upgrade purchase instead of a proper incremental update.

A seriously bad business and customer community move, IMO sir.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.

EnGee wrote:
pekbro wrote:Got the Ammo 100LA Modular Oscillator from Jiggery Pokery as well. :tu:
Damn! Where do you find those racks?! :x (This is a nice one for $9! Thanks :) )

You gave me an interesting idea! Make my own modular Synth in Reason! (Yes I know I'm late :hihi: )

There are still 5 days to go for the sale, so in addition to several free racks (mostly utilities), I'm searching for a filter mostly and I'm thinking of either Zplane Morphing Filter or PMS-20 (Mostly I'm getting the latter as I'm a fan of the Korg-MS 20).

I'm not sure if I need to buy other racks for my 'bastard' synth! But I'll check what I have first then fill in the gaps :)
Hmmm! I couldn't use the Ammo 100LA as oscillator as it doesn't respond to keys changes. I haven't tested with their 'Charlotte' envelope generator but with the free 'One-Note Stand' Note/Gate generator. The Gate in and Env in are working but the CV in doesn't (it seems). Anyway, I'll use it as an LFO.

The PMS-20 filter is great :) I like it and going to use it with the audio out of other synths :)

My head is spinning! I have spent hours with these cables (and these tiny fonts!) :drunk: Enough 'Reason' for today!

EnGee wrote:

:tu: Yeah that PMS-20 filter looks nice, might have to demo that myself. :)
I've had the FXpansion Etch Red filter for a few years, thats been my goto
filter in Reason mostly.

Man, the new drum sequencer is a lot of fun! I particularly love the ability to use different steps (4-8-16 etc..) on separate drum lanes...... that gives way to amazing results. Does anyone know of any other other drum sequencer that allows for this same feature? I use guru, but it's one step setting for all drum lanes, tremor has it but I want to use my own samples...

I will not purchase another RE unless Propellerhead allows resale.

I love REs spent 4 digits on them but would sell about half if I could. I also don't like the fact that if Propellerheads goes under I'm stuck holding bags (suddenly worthless REs.)

FM4 (EUR25), Distillery (EUR29) and ZFO-2 (EUR9)

I'm quite proud of myself for not having spent the fortune there :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Raddler1 wrote:Man, the new drum sequencer is a lot of fun! I particularly love the ability to use different steps (4-8-16 etc..) on separate drum lanes...... that gives way to amazing results. Does anyone know of any other other drum sequencer that allows for this same feature? I use guru, but it's one step setting for all drum lanes, tremor has it but I want to use my own samples...
Geist 2 has it.

Raddler1 wrote:Man, the new drum sequencer is a lot of fun! I particularly love the ability to use different steps (4-8-16 etc..) on separate drum lanes...... that gives way to amazing results. Does anyone know of any other other drum sequencer that allows for this same feature? I use guru, but it's one step setting for all drum lanes, tremor has it but I want to use my own samples...
Hy-RPE can do this as well, if want a more flexible solution.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-rpewin-mac/

Being impressed with the Ammo 100 Oscillator, I went back and bought the Ammo 1200
before the sale ended. I gotta say the 1200 is a fantastic modulation engine for Reason.
Frankly, the built in modulation for something like Grain pales in comparison.

Load a sample into Grain and modulate everything with the generative 1200 to move
way beyond the sounds you can get with the built-in system. :tu:

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/jp_re/ammo.html

Return to “Instruments”