The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

thomekk wrote:Hi wags,

cool tune and good composition!
Sounds like from the 80s for me (which isn't bad at all), but: Of course it's different! The arrangement and the mix are special and good.
Special because of its artificialness and the panning, which works very well. This is very tight and fun. I also like that it's compact and so transparent.

well done :)
I'm assuming you're referring to the last track on this page as I have 74 tracks posted to this thread already.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, whichever track it is.

Oh, yes - I meant "Give me the night" !
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

wagtunes wrote: Give Me The Night
Cute track! Made me :D

I like the quacks in the right channel. Don't let anybody sell you on any de-quacker/thread

I think the drums should do a little more, but it's your track. I think the sound is good, particularly the rimshot accents. The brass works except the very last one is samples too obviously.

Frankly I think this could sell. I think the synthetic vocal suits it well enough but with a dynamic vocalist and a drummer this, because the lyrics and the cute track, seems commercial. I like the :idea: get an indie band to do it, this is a very good demo.

jancivil wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Give Me The Night
Cute track! Made me :D

I like the quacks in the right channel. Don't let anybody sell you on any de-quacker/thread

I think the drums should do a little more, but it's your track. I think the sound is good, particularly the rimshot accents. The brass works except the very last one is samples too obviously.

Frankly I think this could sell. I think the synthetic vocal suits it well enough but with a dynamic vocalist and a drummer this, because the lyrics and the cute track, seems commercial. I like the :idea: get an indie band to do it, this is a very good demo.
You know, I've been trying to get people to do my music for over 40 years. It ain't so easy. So far, in all that time, there have been 3 recordings of my songs.

Climbing Statues
Hell I'm In Hell
Hang Me At Noon

The last one, most recently by a guy named Kenny Bro. He did a pretty good job with it. Much better than I did, that's for sure. I posted it in this thread somewhere along with my version.

Most people who play in bands, at least from my experience, do their own material. Anyway, I've long given up on anything to do with this business. I do music now for the reason I should have started doing it 40 plus years ago. Simply for the joy of it. That's how I'm able to write so much. I just love what I do.

:D That would have been a hit in the 80's!

I agree with jancivil - maybe would have cooked the drums a bit more (probably even just a additional element in the chorus), but that's a minor point. Important part is that, even though it sounds "of an era", its very original. And catchy - I'm humming it!

As soon as I finish this game of Ms. PacMan, my Chams shirt and I are getting back on the dance floor. :hyper:

Been busy, but gotta visit Wagtune's Corner more often

(referring to "Give Me the Night")

JoeCat wrote::D That would have been a hit in the 80's!

I agree with jancivil - maybe would have cooked the drums a bit more (probably even just a additional element in the chorus), but that's a minor point. Important part is that, even though it sounds "of an era", its very original. And catchy - I'm humming it!

As soon as I finish this game of Ms. PacMan, my Chams shirt and I are getting back on the dance floor. :hyper:

Been busy, but gotta visit Wagtune's Corner more often
Thanks Joe. You know, the more I think about it, if it's THAT good. I must have stolen it from somebody. LOL.

I have some ideas I'm gonna go check.

Another track from my WIP CD "Raising Kane"

Slow Train

What are we to do oh tell me
When it all just falls apart
Gone too fast all gone tomorrow
When you've got a broken heart

So I'm gonna take a slow train
Mend some fences on a slow train
There ain't nothing like a slow train

Better days we had behind us
But it seems so long ago
Better hold on to the good times
Just because you never know

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro To Fade

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -on-vocals

Another from my CD "Six Guns And A Chaser"

Not My Jazz

So you talk to me with your pickup lines
What made you think I'd care
I've been hit on by guys slicker than you
So don't you even dare

All your bragging doesn't register boy
It just drives me away
When will you just get it through that thick head
Don't hear a word you say

Cause that scene isn't meant for me
Never will never has
So just turn around and walk out that door
Cause it's not my jazz

What I need's a guy whose patient and kind
One who will treat me right
Not somebody whose all full of himself
So just go say goodnight

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... d-a-chaser

Another one from my WIP CD "Raising Kane". Kane says this is his favorite so far.

Dark Room

Look inside
Around dark shadows
No place to hide
The plot it narrows
Girls and spies
They tell the story
Cold truth and lies
The end is gory

Into the dark room
Leave your fears behind
Death follows with you
Justice still is blind
Into the dark room
We'll walk hand in hand
Fighting for what's right
While we both can stand

Job at hand
Banish the bad guys
Across the land
What money can buy
You and me
We'll fight corruption
Then they will see
Their great destruction

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ising-kane

I enjoyed this track immensely. The thing I did notice, it's the choral/church musician in me, is your diction is very good and you can clearly hear the words through all that vocal processing. Nice job.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

biodiode wrote:I enjoyed this track immensely. The thing I did notice, it's the choral/church musician in me, is your diction is very good and you can clearly hear the words through all that vocal processing. Nice job.
Thanks, but that's not my diction. That's a computer vocal. LOL.

Well, it's a very clear computer vocal. Was it a sample library?
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

biodiode wrote:Well, it's a very clear computer vocal. Was it a sample library?
Nope, it's something called Vocaloid. There are a number of singers for it. Some are better than others. Of course you have to process them properly or they all sound like crap. Most people, I find, don't like the sound and I can appreciate that. It's an acquired taste for sure. I happen to like the sound.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

I liked a good part of the Sapporo Hatsune Miku concert, the 2011 version. They made a lot of prgress since then regarding the adoption of lower tones and at the same time humanizing it. I listened to your last track and it's pretty good.

OTOH, I'm looking towards additive resynthesis, specifically Harmor and some libraries. Granted, these are pre-recorded. So it's much less flexible. Although some libraries also have aaahs and ooohs, which would be fine for me to start with since anyways I don't have words :)

Eg : (note that the picture of the singer is imprinted in the synth's harmonic output a few times here and there and shown in the synth's spectrum analyzer although they drop the audio for these passages)

EDIT I removed the direct link to the youtube video demonstrating the Harmor synth with vocals, hence removed a very large picture display which seemed incongruous as I wanted to only link to that vocal technology and not taking the whole place. Instead of the link, a search in youtube using 'HARMOR Victoriya Vocals Resynthesized' will yield the demo.

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”