I love Xpand2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: I found it :tu:

This thread has piqued my interest. I have some activations waiting for it in my iLok account (I think I demoed it originally, even thought I'd paid for it, and decided to just uninstall), but I cannot find the email with my serial number.

Does anyone remember which outlet sold it the first time they did the crazy $1 deal? I might be able to start to track it down

Cheers :tu:

Plugin Boutique?

AnX wrote:Plugin Boutique?
Aye! That's where it was :tu:

Has anyone figured out how to do glide in monophonic mode? I love Xpand!2 too, but this is the only thing that's bugging me.
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

retroactivecont wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:27 am Has anyone figured out how to do glide in monophonic mode? I love Xpand!2 too, but this is the only thing that's bugging me.
Have you tried this?
https://getsatisfaction.com/airmusictec ... e-settings

That's funny, I had just downloaded the AIR Complete Bundle 3 and was contemplating installing it again. Perhaps this is a sign. . .

I like Xpand!2 as well. However, I wish the said product had a better preset browser system.

Useful and very underated lmho, great bargains :tu:

telecharge wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:55 amHave you tried this?
https://getsatisfaction.com/airmusictec ... e-settings
Thank you, you're a godsend :D
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

I also like it, it is the only other plugin I use regularly besides Sylenth1.
I also got their Rhodes plugin Velvet, but it is too quiet for my taste. I can live with the Rhodes in Xpand2, though.

Do you find Sylenth1 versatile? I thought it was mostly for pads because of its great oscillator's. Besides, it is now twelve years old! :o

Where's the Xpand!3 BTW? There is really nothing quite like this rompler so it sure fills a void.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I love XPand!2. It reminds me of the rack mount synths I own like the Korg O3R/W and Roland JV880 that now sit collecting dust.

Here's some free Combi patches I did for XPand. Perhaps someone will find them useful. :)

XPand!2 Tek 1
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

My thing with Xpand 2 is that the sounds based on samples seem a fair amount lo-fi, and with Tracktion Collective already on my system collecting dust for the same reason, I wonder if it would be one of those plugs that I like in spirit but am never quite comfortable with the way it sounds. Are you using Xpand 2 in your mixes?

Hybrid and Vaccum Pro are fun. Their Air Mini Grand is solid, read my thread if you want more details, but overall, if you don't have a fancy piano it will run circles on any non-specialty library you might have, and was recently on sale for only $10.

I don't look at XPand as a source for highly realistic instruments since I have Kontakt for those duties. To me Xpand's power is in the layers. It's possible to get some very complex sounds out of it (see the Combi files linked above).

Oh and if you think XPand is LoFi don't ever buy an 80-90's Rompler..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thanks for patches

Return to “Instruments”