Your thoughts on Vocalsynth 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:well, i thought about upgrading. but since izotope's store wont recognise my password even if Im logged into my account, and even after a password reset from the store login page, well f**k that. :sigh:
Got that sometimes here... try a different browser? Works alright on chromium.

I think that Vocalsynth 2 is a notable upgrade.
As the iZotope MPS owner, I was disappointed to the ver. 1, now it sounds and looks like a first sketch for the VS2.

The bad news is, that most likely iZotope has stopped developing the VS further - if the company follows the policy it has implemented with the products such as the Iris, Trash, Breaktweaker, or Stutteredit.

iZotope lost completely my trust with the Iris to Iris 2 debacle and their general update policy. If they would act for example like Waves, giving completely compatible paths into the future, I would buy their stuff again. The only exception I always get the updates for is RX6 Advanced. IMO their most innovative product anyway. Oh ... and then there was iDrum ... or ... Spectrum ...

I went for Vocodex at 50% sale instead.
It's got better sound imo.

Vocodex does not have all the vox-es that vocalsynth has but i guess i could still combine Vocodex with Vocalsynth 1 (which i have).
Post about general update policy is also a valid point imo.

That's my worst purchase of the last couple of years ! I didn't test it, big mistake, I trusted the demo video... The vocoder is a joke, ant the overall sound you can get from it doesn't justify the price at all !

I just can't figure out how to map any controller data to the vocalsynth parameters in MIDI mode. Is there any modulation matrix there?

That's crazy, something is fixed in the vocalsynth and I can't change it. Whenever I turn the modulation wheel, the vibrato is activated in all modules of the vocalsynth, but so strongly that it is too much for me. I use the vocalsynth in a multi together with other synthesizers where I need the modulation wheel. I've already thought about filtering out the cc from the modulation wheel in my DAW so that the value doesn't even get to the vocalsynth.

But let's be honest, why doesn't the VST have a modulation matrix so that I can control all of the internal parameters via MIDI? The manual doesn't say anything about it.

Nah!!

I bought it, thought it was cool, but I don’t actually really like it. It can do some interesting things, but I haven’t had to create or modify something I considered the final product.

Belinski wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:43 am That's my worst purchase of the last couple of years ! I didn't test it, big mistake, I trusted the demo video... The vocoder is a joke, ant the overall sound you can get from it doesn't justify the price at all !
Same here. Even Waves OVox sounds much better and lord knows I've tried to make VS2 sound good more times than I'd like or have to.

Return to “Effects”