Social Entropy engine sysex dumping

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

This week I have been writing songs with my sequencer, the social entropy engine. I really enjoy using it. The problem that I have is with dumping. The way it worked out in my head is that I write all my song information into the sequencer, then I can dump it via sysex onto my computer, that way I don't have to save anything on the sequencer itself and I can write more tracks.

My problem is that sometimes sysex works and other times it doesn't. I have been using Midi-OX to listen to the messages that I transmit from my sequencer to the computer. If I have like one or two simple snapshots, it will transmit just fine because of the simplicity of it, but when I make my song more complete with several more snapshots(12+ snapshots), Midi-OX sounds like it receives a lot of data, but I never receive backevery bit of information about my song I wrote on the sequencer. For instance, I send my sysex via USB it will send my bass track on one snapshot but not the other, drums on one snapshot and not the other. I do use a lot of copy and pasting so I'm not sure if that has any effect on it.

I have tried two computers, my Windows 7 64-bit desktop receives sysex on Midi Ox, but I'd like to use my Windows 10 surface 64 bit computer, but my sequencer does not receive anything back at all when I send sysex on Midi-ox.

Basically, what I want to do is write songs in the sequencer, send them via midi sysex to a computer, save the information to a file, and then send the file back into my sequencer when I want to.

Am I misunderstanding something? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help!
Last edited by crosshairs0809 on Sun May 27, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Try here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... 015-a.html

Big Engine community who should be able to assist.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thanks. I will try asking in there.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”