Opinions on LEVELS by Mastering the Mix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know I should just demo it myself - and I plan to - but I'm keen to hear what my fellow KVR'ers think. Anyone enjoying this and having any success with it? Or is it a waste of time?

https://www.masteringthemix.com/products/levels

any feedbacks on here? i recently found their plugins on some youtube videos and there are A LOT of metering plugins! BUT

- how good is their BASS SPACE section? go with your ears or is this reliable?
- stere field, i got enough plugins for that
- dynamic range, normally others too, here it seems nice though
- perceived loudness, anything special here?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Thanks for digging this up :) How does the Bass Space section actually work - do you route all your individual tracks/stems to it? How does it know which are the kick/sub bass?

It asks you to mute bass and kick and leave everything else on, so it seems if any of the other instruments have frequencies in the low range.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:It asks you to mute bass and kick and leave everything else on, so it seems if any of the other instruments have frequencies in the low range.
btut then what's the point :/ i can just put a MONO Maker at 150hz - 200Hz and i dont need bass space anymore ;D. pretty useless then.... guess i was too optimistic about this plugin...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
rod_zero wrote:It asks you to mute bass and kick and leave everything else on, so it seems if any of the other instruments have frequencies in the low range.
btut then what's the point :/ i can just put a MONO Maker at 150hz - 200Hz and i dont need bass space anymore ;D. pretty useless then.... guess i was too optimistic about this plugin...
also i dont get the DYNAMIC RANGE window, i NEARLY cut away my sub bass and still it is hitting red. maybe i dont get the meaning of it but then all trap beats should be f**ked UP in the dynamic range... oh and mine sounds even less bassy than an ambient track.... this is SOLOing the sub bass

i dont trust this plugin i think, wasted time i guess or learned to not give a crap about those analyzing plugins?

I have analized a lot of tracks I like with it and most of them are within the ranges, only the LUFS metering goes over the top if you don't select the "club" setting for dynamic range.

I do find it useful, I try to get a mix as good according to it and then use a limiter to get to "loudness war" levels.

I do think the normalization of volume that is being used in streaming services will be favorable for more dynamic range in music.
dedication to flying

I was most interested in the bass piece, but just sticking a visual e.q. on the master (and muting the bass/kick) does the same thing...

Return to “Effects”