Anybody believe in a Kontakt6?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another area I'd like to see improvement in is the GUI options available to developers. UVI instruments can feel like standalone instruments due to how the GUIs are so customizable. Meanwhile, I always feel like I'm in Kontakt when I'm using a Kontakt based library. Would be nice if that gap could be closed. For example look at AcousticSamples B5. Gorgeous looking instrument.

Acousticsamples' B5 is entirely possible to be done in Kontakt as it is right now, if we're judging just by graphics. They aren't doing anything special there, just good photographs (and even so, they still use some stock GUI parts, like the table for drawbar volumes, and of course when you click on a menu you get the default JUCE dropdown menu, just with different font and color - similar thing happens in Kontakt, you get Kontakt's styling of dropdown menus and this is not adjustable in either Kontakt or Falcon/UVI).

Introduction of XY pad to Kontakt (which Falcon/UVI doesn't have yet, in fact) enabled some more interesting GUIs, like Kinetic Toys for example.

One thing we could use though, is transparency on images. Falcon/UVI does that, in Kontakt mangling image transparency is unfortunately not possible. But that is about the only thing, really.

EvilDragon wrote:Acousticsamples' B5 is entirely possible to be done in Kontakt as it is right now, if we're judging just by graphics. They aren't doing anything special there, just good photographs (and even so, they still use some stock GUI parts, like the table for drawbar volumes, and of course when you click on a menu you get the default JUCE dropdown menu, just with different font and color - similar thing happens in Kontakt, you get Kontakt's styling of dropdown menus and this is not adjustable in either Kontakt or Falcon/UVI).

Introduction of XY pad to Kontakt (which Falcon/UVI doesn't have yet, in fact) enabled some more interesting GUIs, like Kinetic Toys for example.

One thing we could use though, is transparency on images. Falcon/UVI does that, in Kontakt mangling image transparency is unfortunately not possible. But that is about the only thing, really.
I guess once you minimize the browser, the keyboard, and some other elements it gets close. It's probably just that Kontakt instrument "header" area (with the wrench, channel info, pan knob, volume, etc.) that I take issue with. Would be nice if they could find a better way (visually) to do that so you could load up a plugin and forget that you're in Kontakt.

If you open Kontakt instruments in Komplete Kontrol, they lose the instrument header.

brainzistor wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:I
In Kontakt's case version number doesn't mean a thing, it received so many updates since 2011 that if you asked me what's the latest version I would say Kontakt 7, because it feels that way.

Then people who are just creating music would need to wait for like 5 years that creators of sound libraries start to use that sampler and create sound libraries for that sampler too.
99,98% of people who use Kontakt never sampled a thing in their life, they are just using sound libraries made for Kontakt.
Ok, so what you are saying is that basicly they update it every year with minor fixed and call it 5.x something. As long as they really update it and not just stay lazy on the same old platform beacuse everybody is so heavliy invested in expensive libraries that is ok by me. In fact it could be a sweet thing as opposed to Steinbergs strategy of releasing a few bug fixes and some minor functions and call it a new version and screw us over anonther 100 bucks each year.

I am not complaining really is just struck me as odd that it was released so far back and still is the main platform. I really like Halion, but there are hardly any libraries for it. As you might have guessed I like to do some creative sampling myself, but I am not different from anybody else so I could never arrange for stuff like a 200 piece choir so I am about to pull the trigger and bite the bullet and get 8Dio Lacrimose while they have a sale.

"So what you are saying is..." and misconstructing it deliberately isn't very good.

GearNostalgia wrote:I have thought about getting the full version of Kontakt for some time now and just realised that Kontakt5 is old, as in really old. Released in 2011! Yikes. That is almost like vintage for hardware and stoneage for software. Feels iffy to buy something that old for 400ish euros.
See the thing is, 7 years is nothing if you're an adult, but an "eternity" ago if you are 15 and desperately trying to prove to the world that you aren't interested in action figures and Sponge-bob anymore thus leading to a form of overcompensation where anything that shared the world with the action figure loving version of yourself just HAS to be a LONG time ago because we cant have people still thinking I'm still a kid now can we? It's far easier to just label everyone else REALLY old, like as old as the pyramids, "oohmyguurd how can old people (30+) live with themselves, so gross".

Ps. How f**king ironic is it that your name is "GearNostalgia"? Which gear do you get nostalgic for then? iPhone 5? HD TVs? Blu-Ray Players? :lol:

:lol:
Harsh but deserved, I think.

"as in really old"/"stoneage for software"...

Well, I more or less locked my system down in 2011 and worked with that OS, host, plugins (with some updatable exceptions, VE Pro for instance) and just kept working thru 2015. I had to rebuild everything since, so that changed.

I was pretty old then, myself. A bit older than 7 but born somewhat more recently than eras which are known by describing the... /cough/ hardware people were using to fabricate tools for hunting and gathering.

How ancient am I? I was working with the not-very-old-at-the-time minimoog in the early 1970s. Funny, though, how people still seem to care about how well emulated it is here on this ultra-modern software-oriented site, judging by the hundreds of pages that concern has used here so far.

jancivil wrote:"So what you are saying is..." and misconstructing it deliberately isn't very good.
So, what you are saying is that I'm Jordan Peterson and he's Cathy Newman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctqA4kX9jWk

"So, what you're saying..." and then misinterpreting everything and keep doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

GearNostalgia wrote:I have thought about getting the full version of Kontakt for some time now and just realised that Kontakt5 is old, as in really old. Released in 2011! Yikes. That is almost like vintage for hardware and stoneage for software. Feels iffy to buy something that old for 400ish euros.

Why have they not released a version6? Is it perfect? Nahh, I could think of a few things to add (like actual sampling).

So what is the deal here? Why is there no Kontakt6 yet?
So from what I've read around here on the TRK-01 thread, there were some hints as to what will be in Komplete 12 posted here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 12.328679/

...and said list included a mystery product TRK-01, which NI just released and was previously unknown, as well as reference to Kontakt (6) and Massive X. So based on that, the likelihood of Kontakt 6 being just around the corner and part of Komplete 12 has just gone up. I'm not sure if NI normally sticks to a fixed schedule with Komplete releases, but if it were me, I'd hold off on buying Kontakt 5 right now just in case it were still months away and they do a short grace period for free upgrades.

K6 is definitely still months away since it's not even in beta yet.

Man whats this rush for new kontakt? Shit works fine. I already know its gonna be a bad f*ckin time when they roll out k6 and we get like another 3 years of bugs to eat... long live k5 tyvm

brainzistor wrote:
jancivil wrote:"So what you are saying is..." and misconstructing it deliberately isn't very good.
So, what you are saying is that I'm Jordan Peterson and he's Cathy Newman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctqA4kX9jWk
teh hee

EvilDragon wrote:K6 is definitely still months away since it's not even in beta yet.
Good! There's still enough to explore in 5.8. I do believe in Kontakt 6, though if it won't happen for another 2 years I'm very happy with that. Thing I'm afraid of is that it might not be running on W7, having to deal with W10 would be a serious letdown, I guess I'd rather buy a Mac then.

dellboy wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Romplers usually have fixed sample pool and you can't add your own. "Sampler" as a word can also be deconstructed as "sample player", not just as a "sample recorder", ehehe.

In any case, yes, there IS a way to use it like a rompler and audition sounds easily, within Komplete Kontrol.
I was hoping that someone would say, "hey, all you got to do is go into the options menu and".............

But, as its you, and I doubt anyone on planet earth knows more about kontakt, I think its safe to say that it is no good as a rompler unless I buy an expensive controller. This would mean selling my i-rig keyboard and two novation keyboards just to do something that lots of romplers do easily.

Is there really no addon or something to do this ?

What about Akai vip 3 - do kontakt presets show up in that ?
Check out this video for how to setup Kontakt expansions in VIP 3. Is on sale for $49 now, no controller purchase required.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzb2dEz ... e=youtu.be

More info: http://www.akaipro.com/support/kb/artic ... on-plugins
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”