May Contest: Gossip - Everything’s fine!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tend to bury effects a little more like your modulation. If it's cool, let them find it. "to far, to soon, .... hole in the moon" Those are chances for you to double your vocals twice, pan them hard left and hard right, and have that wide moment. Your lead vocal needs a reverb with a tail that stretches the length of the beat also IMO. Good work.

thanks bro - vocal processing is a new thing for me . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

DrApostropheX (Victor?): could you perhaps move Harry HH's post from the submission thread to this thread, which is where it belongs?

May has been busy, like it usually is, so I haven't got around to doing much on the production side. However, I've used short breaks from work and ... life ... to work on the lyrics and the composition. As a result I think I have finished composition before I start tracking. That's highly unusual for me, as I tend to go for the single stage composition/tracking/mixing kind of total amateur production strategy. So although there's only a couple of days left and I have nothing on "tape" yet, I'm confident I'll be able to submit something. Can we get more than 10 submissions this month? Harry HH? Flying Noodle?

skipscada wrote:...So although there's only a couple of days left and I have nothing on "tape" yet, I'm confident I'll be able to submit something. Can we get more than 10 submissions this month? Harry HH? Flying Noodle?
I'm on track (ba'da-boom) to post mine over the weekend. :phones:
I look forward to hearing yours and others as they come in.

Not going to manage anything this month - too much going on, with a new release of Yoshimi (real soon) and getting ready for the Linux Audio Conference :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hello,
I posted to may contest my first track (blue chillout) What do i have to do further?
I'd like to vote, but how do I do this? Just place a descending list ?
And do I have to vote to meet the rules?

Thanks for reply,
Martin

marsu wrote:Hello,
I posted to may contest my first track (blue chillout) What do i have to do further?
I'd like to vote, but how do I do this? Just place a descending list ?
And do I have to vote to meet the rules?

Thanks for reply,
Martin
A voting thread with instructions will be opened after the deadline for submission is past and voting begins. Just keep your eyes on this forum for it.

It's not much, but it's my first contest entry in 5 years :party:

Listened to my effort on Soundcloud on a different set of headphones - already groaning at several rather bad choices at the mix stage. There's always next month.

Hello everybody,

and especially Tj Shredder: when I try to listen to your contribution I hear nothing att all. Is this on purpose?

Also I noticed - just by coincidence - that there is a page number two with two more songs (by FlyingNoodle and skipscada). Maybe the moderator should point this out to everybody? (But now I have already mentioned it.) I guess my votes are not valid if I forget one or two contributions, so...
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

per99 wrote:Hello everybody,

and especially Tj Shredder: when I try to listen to your contribution I hear nothing att all. Is this on purpose?

Also I noticed - just by coincidence - that there is a page number two with two more songs (by FlyingNoodle and skipscada). Maybe the moderator should point this out to everybody? (But now I have already mentioned it.) I guess my votes are not valid if I forget one or two contributions, so...
Voting hasn't even been opened yet. You need to wait for a thread that says "May Voting" Will probably come in a day or so after the deadline has passed for submissions.

wagtunes wrote:
per99 wrote:Hello everybody,

Voting hasn't even been opened yet. You need to wait for a thread that says "May Voting" Will probably come in a day or so after the deadline has passed for submissions.
Of course I will wait! :)
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

per99 wrote:and especially Tj Shredder: when I try to listen to your contribution I hear nothing att all. Is this on purpose?
I'm also having trouble playing Tj Shredder's entry - won't play in the browser (Chrome) and I tried downloading the MP3, not playing on my phone, Audacity or media player classic don't play it either.

If you want to hear TJ's, right click on the link and choose the option "Open In New Tab"

You'll be taken to dropbox and at the bottom of the page there will be a play button. Click on it and it will start playing. The track is 6:44 in length.

*cough*
Submissions MUST follow these rules wrote:3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK)
:hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”