RELATED
PRODUCTS

discoDSP wrote:Phantom https://www.discodsp.com/phantom/

Discovery / Discovery Pro can do FM too https://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/
Is there any 64bit demo, please?

Yep the 'Download Demo' link includes both the 32 and 64 bit VSTs

Dexed for authencity .
Sytrus for flexibility
I am not an I.L fan , but sytrus is bloody amazing , the vst version also has the updated
vector graphics.
Aurora is also pretty nice , but the tiny 'grab the dots ' envelopes make it cumbersome to work with
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

mcbpete wrote:Yep the 'Download Demo' link includes both the 32 and 64 bit VSTs
Wait.. what? How come the demo is 64-bit but there is only a 32-bit full version in my account?? :o

Edit: just checked the website, but can't find a 64-bit demo for Phantom either..? Just one installer that only installs a 32-bit version.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Apologies, the 32/64bit was just regarding Discovery/Pro plugin. Phantom is 32bit only... and I couldn't even get it to run in 32bit DAWs - It used to lock up both Ableton & Reaper just when the DAW loads if it was installed.

Unless something utterly groundbreaking comes up, I pretty much feel covered for life with FM8, Blue2, Sytrus and their eventual updates/upgrades.

Arturia DX synth is really neat. Filters in the FM path and very flexible modulation matrix. Higher CPU load as a result, but still pretty cool

If you have Live, Operator is fantastic. Otherwise, Dexed. Insanely accurate DX-7 recreation, and we all know what a legend that thing is.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I always thought that FM7 from Native Instruments was great. Better, in fact than FM8, in my opinion, because of the lower CPU usage.

zenophilix wrote:If you have Live, Operator is fantastic. Otherwise, Dexed. Insanely accurate DX-7 recreation, and we all know what a legend that thing is.
I think that, as a DX7 emulation, although Dexed is great, Arturia DX7 V is even better. Actually, as an FM synth, it's one of the best available, since it can go way beyond DX7, although following its paradigm.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
zenophilix wrote:If you have Live, Operator is fantastic. Otherwise, Dexed. Insanely accurate DX-7 recreation, and we all know what a legend that thing is.
I think that, as a DX7 emulation, although Dexed is great, Arturia DX7 V is even better. Actually, as an FM synth, it's one of the best available, since it can go way beyond DX7, although following its paradigm.
True, but Dexed is free. :lol:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote:
fmr wrote:
True, but Dexed is free. :lol:
Can't beat that :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

http://www.audionebula.ca/ - based on DX7 but expand it's possibilities, very cheap also :)

FM8 is amazing, if you go beyond the basic patches. Use the easy page to get some mindbending results fast. Somehow this plugin ends up in every song I make. If you like retro/megadrive/dx7 then its definitely the must have out of the bunch because of all the backwards compatibility.

I usually complement with Super Audio Cart sampled megadrive patches, there are some gold in there that makes things shine for retro stuff.

Oh and I use FM Tines for EP sounds, if you set the attack slow you have some great sounding FM pads as well.
Last edited by mrj1nx on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inversion Of Control wrote:http://www.audionebula.ca/ - based on DX7 but expand it's possibilities, very cheap also :)
I checked it out and yeah! It´s very good. Thank you. :party:

By the way my recommendation is:

PORTA FM by plogue. tata :party:

Awesome sounding pure FM sound-design tool with an unmatched low end sound quality. Incredible in functions (15 step sequencer to use in a complex modulation target/source matrix plus character galore due to a non-compromise authentic sound reverse engineer emulation!

Return to “Instruments”