Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

AnX wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
Does it at least have improved browser ? :)
What do you think needs improving?
For starters if you create a folder with soundbanks that has categorized folders they are not recognized :)
Second, tagging favorites.
Third, preset location to show, for ex im opening older project where i used some preset i want to use in a newer song, but it doesnt show from wich soundbank its being used meaning resaving preset.

AnX wrote:
EnGee wrote:
BONES wrote:DUNE 3 beta started a few weeks ago. There is a way to go yet but it's looking pretty good and most things work. That said, it is probably a few months away, minimum, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was more like six months, as it will need new presets to show off the new features and doing that takes time with such a complex beastie. I'm not going to tell you anything about it, beyond the fact that all the other beta-testers are excited, so don't ask.
This is encouraging :) Anyway, I really hope Richard (and the whole team maybe) didn't do the same GUI interface like in Dune 2. I mean the many tabs and the middle screen with (scrolling) mod matrix that when chosen I even can't browse the presets! It also applied on other tabs in the middle :x

I hope for not too many multi pages synth, something like Antidote or Dune 1 would be great and very welcome :D
Like D2, its much more complex than those too. You cannot fit it all on one page. The MM is there for sound design, i dont know why you need to see it while changing presets.
Because when I browse the presets I don't look only at names! I want to look at as much info as possible. It also not a good design just keep clicking on tabs (oscillators in tabs, ARPs and mod and other setttings are in tabs, layers in tabs, envelopes in tabs ... etc). I'm just keep clicking and going back and forth!!

I didn't say I want one page, but at least something like NI Massive or Europa, some info visible all the time with the next-previous buttons for presets independent from other tabs!

Anyway, good to know that D3 has the same design as D2. Saving my money then for the OB emulation instead ;)

AnX wrote:
liquidsound wrote: Copy protection as before or upgraded to The Legend system?
Same as Legend, which, incidently, is what this thread is about :)
Thanks!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Hey, if your attention span is a few seconds max (for whatever reason) - maybe complex synths are not for you. At least programming-wise, that is.

But asking what do you think needs improving re. the browser is kinda... the wrong approach, man! And at this stage - early beta. Isn't it obvious? Just look at that other German company's browsers.

Tab sprawl. He also said 'tab sprawl'. Do a search!

AnX wrote:
EnGee wrote:
BONES wrote:DUNE 3 beta started a few weeks ago. There is a way to go yet but it's looking pretty good and most things work. That said, it is probably a few months away, minimum, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was more like six months, as it will need new presets to show off the new features and doing that takes time with such a complex beastie. I'm not going to tell you anything about it, beyond the fact that all the other beta-testers are excited, so don't ask.
This is encouraging :) Anyway, I really hope Richard (and the whole team maybe) didn't do the same GUI interface like in Dune 2. I mean the many tabs and the middle screen with (scrolling) mod matrix that when chosen I even can't browse the presets! It also applied on other tabs in the middle :x

I hope for not too many multi pages synth, something like Antidote or Dune 1 would be great and very welcome :D
Like D2, its much more complex than those too. You cannot fit it all on one page. The MM is there for sound design, i dont know why you need to see it while changing presets.
The GUI is the least issue i had with Dune 2. Actually, i found both the Dune 1 and 2 GUI's great. As you say, you cannot fit it all on one page, but, it was laid out in a very straight forward way.

He should update Dune 1 or Hydra instead as many people like that more basic concept, but would like it with the latest sound quality.

I was just thinking about it, there are a zillion subtractive synth plugins out there, but hardly any that offer the right mix without deficits and issues.

fluffy_little_something wrote:He should update Dune 1 or Hydra instead as many people like that more basic concept, but would like it with the latest sound quality.

I was just thinking about it, there are a zillion subtractive synth plugins out there, but hardly any that offer the right mix without deficits and issues.

Dune1 was updated, its called Dune2. Soon it will be called Dune3

Hydra was also updated, its now called Dune. Basically the same features will lots of new features. :)

bbtr wrote:Hey, if your attention span is a few seconds max (for whatever reason) - maybe complex synths are not for you. At least programming-wise, that is.

But asking what do you think needs improving re. the browser is kinda... the wrong approach, man! And at this stage - early beta. Isn't it obvious? Just look at that other German company's browsers.

Tab sprawl. He also said 'tab sprawl'. Do a search!

Sorry, didnt quite get what you mean. Why is me asking what someone thinks should be improved the 'wrong approach'?

No idea what 'tab sprawl' is either.

AnX wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:He should update Dune 1 or Hydra instead as many people like that more basic concept, but would like it with the latest sound quality.

Hydra was also updated, its now called Dune. Basically the same features will lots of new features. :)
That's the point. I might actually buy an updated version of Hydra or Dune 1, but I certainly won't buy Dune 2 or 3. Too many features, too little fun.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
AnX wrote:

That's the point. I might actually buy an updated version of Hydra or Dune 1, but I certainly won't buy Dune 2 or 3. Too many features, too little fun.
Apart from bug fixes, thats kinda what updates normally are, new features...

I don't think so. When a new synth is so different that it breaks backward compatibility, it is basically a different synth, not an update.

Features are good. :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't think so. When a new synth is so different that it breaks backward compatibility, it is basically a different synth, not an update.
Luckily D3 loads D2 sounds 8)

D1 is dead, just have to live with that and use it in its current state, or move on.

AnX wrote:

Dune 1 is still for sale. It sounds different to Dune 2. They are different enough that you can keep both.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Dune 1 is still for sale. It sounds different to Dune 2. They are different enough that you can keep both.
Its basically free in mags minus a few features. As D2 and D3 contains all D1 stuff (wavetables and filters) you can create the same and more in D2/3, so i dont see the point in using D1 myself. It seems quite limited to me, with very little access to the separate layers.
Last edited by AnX on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”