Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote:Also, what about free plugins Waves have given away over time, I have a few freebies they gave away, do I need to get WUP for that ?
You get a year's WUP with any plugin, paid or free. After that, IF you want to upgrade it to the next major release (ie V9 to V10) then you'll need to pay for WUP.

I still think, hassles aside, that upgrading your licenses to V10 for free if your plugins are still in WUP makes sense. On GearSlutz that Yotam said that V10 licenses will open V9 plugins. That being the case, you can upgrade your licenses, install them using Waves Central but don't update any software, leaving everything as V9.
if your products are covered by WUP - you can update the licenses and keep using V9 software - or opt to use V10
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=78
A bit fried in the higher freqs

MogwaiBoy wrote:Makes that $200 Boz delay seem like great value for money now :hihi:
Elton John would agree with you!
MogwaiBoy wrote:I wonder if some of them are the same people who went nuts over Boz releasing a $200 delay plugin - and yet they're willing to throw down more than that for a cynical, completely arbitrary, infinitesimally small update from Waves.
Nobody is forcing anybody to upgrade, let along pay for the upgrade. Even Yotam has said not to bother right now unless you have a very good reason, or just want to for shits and giggles (he didn't actually say that last part).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

What a clusterfuck.
There's now v9 and v10 at the same time..64bit vst2 v9, vst3 v9, vst2 v10 and vst3 v10.
cprompt wrote:"...you can upgrade your licenses, install them using Waves Central but don't update any software, leaving everything as V9.."
W..T..F..??
- WonderEcho -

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-v10 ... -questions

New post on Waves website regarding V10 update
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

FWIW I'm back up and running. :P
Took a while, but got there.
Worth the effort? Nah
Hindsight says I should have stuck with V9, but hey ho :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

YotamL wrote:
zvenx wrote:I dont' like moving license around which is why all my elicenser stuff is bought twice for instance, and apart from waves I usually avoid plugins that dont' come with two activations.

I think you understand correctly but I am a not asking about purchasing as I think unless you guys moved to cloud licensing (I know you can store yours there but can't use it there afaik) I will still buy two.

My question was specifically however and my fault for not explaining it properly re: wup.
That is my current wup upgrade is $550 unless I tick I only use on one computer at a time.
Can I legitimately tick that?
rsp
Are these the same licenses (same products) on both machines?

yes
rsp
sound sculptist

Hello, YotamL. I have a question:

If I upgrade some of my Waves plugins to V10, would it revoke my V9 licenses?
More specifically, recently I upgraded my PC and installed all of my Waves plugins from the offline V9 installer, if I "upgrade" those plugins, that are still under WUP, would I still be able to use V9 versions without installing or changing anything?

Related question: if in future I buy a Waves plugin released before V10, would I be able to install and activate it from the offline V9 installer?

Thank You for participating in this thread.

YotamL wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:My Wup is coming it at over 500$. Screw that noise. And I love my waves stuff.
the cap is 225$.
Check the "I hereby declare" box
Cool. I'll check that out. The wording on their site was slightly unclear to me when I looked it up. They'll still be waiting a while before they get $225 out of me. The two added plugins in my bundle aren't the sort of thing I'm interested in and as far as I can tell it's just a maintained eye upgrade aside from that. I'm sure I'll grab it by tax time for the write off anyway. I do use waves and Melda on every mix and composition I do.

Out of curiosity, has anybody noticed any actual benefit to the update? Better load times, better performance, etc? I currently have zero issues with my waves stuff.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Updated all my eligible plugs to v10, all went well, no problems with all the remaining v9 plugs, pretty easy and straight forward as far as I could see, just read before clicking blindly, it's all there, easy as. Will re WUP the rest soon, $225 to keep updated for the number of plugs I got is a bargain in my opinion.
Say NO to CLAP!

Ah_Dziz wrote:I currently have zero issues with my waves stuff.
Except for horrible latency on some plugs, no issues here either
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I have nine Waves plugins, three had WUP, I updated those.
Waves Central shows those three as V10 and the other six as V9.
They all work in Reaper.
But the V9 versions of the ones updated to V10 still exist in Program files (x86) and still work in Reaper.
I would have thought that updating a plugin to V10 would overwrite V9?
I don't really want V10 and V9 of the same plugin.
To be clear:
E.G. Bass Slapper V9 had WUP.
I updated it to V10.
Waves Central shows Bass Slapper V10, not V9.
V10 shows in Program files (x86)\ Waves\ PlugIns-V10.
V9 still exists in Program files (x86)\ Waves\ PlugIns-V9.
Both V10 and V9 work in Reaper.

What to do?

goldglob wrote:I would have thought that updating a plugin to V10 would overwrite V9?
If it's like my setup you'll find that the ones in the V9 folder that you had WUPs for *have* actually been updated to V10 but just kept in that V9 folder. Check the 'about' screen of the relevant plugin (by clicking the Waves logo in the GUI)

ramseysounds wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:I currently have zero issues with my waves stuff.
Except for horrible latency on some plugs, no issues here either
Hi Ramsey - what latency ? have you reached out to tech support?
Most of our plugins operate at 0 or near 0 latency
Please check if the latency makes sense according to this chart
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/plugin-latency

goldglob wrote:I have nine Waves plugins, three had WUP, I updated those.
Waves Central shows those three as V10 and the other six as V9.
They all work in Reaper.
But the V9 versions of the ones updated to V10 still exist in Program files (x86) and still work in Reaper.
I would have thought that updating a plugin to V10 would overwrite V9?
To be clear:
E.G. Bass Slapper V9 had WUP.
I updated it to V10.
Waves Central shows Bass Slapper V10, not V9.
V10 shows in Program files (x86)\ Waves\ PlugIns-V10.
V9 still exists in Program files (x86)\ Waves\ PlugIns-V9.
Both V10 and V9 work in Reaper.

What to do?
https://www.waves.com/support/plugins-a ... ing-to-v10

zvenx wrote:
YotamL wrote:
zvenx wrote:I dont' like moving license around which is why all my elicenser stuff is bought twice for instance, and apart from waves I usually avoid plugins that dont' come with two activations.

I think you understand correctly but I am a not asking about purchasing as I think unless you guys moved to cloud licensing (I know you can store yours there but can't use it there afaik) I will still buy two.

My question was specifically however and my fault for not explaining it properly re: wup.
That is my current wup upgrade is $550 unless I tick I only use on one computer at a time.
Can I legitimately tick that?
rsp
Are these the same licenses (same products) on both machines?

yes
rsp
You can tick that - but it won't allow you to activate the cap on 2 same products
Once 1 is selected the other will be greyed out.
In your case - I'd recommend contacting our sales dept. directly.
waves.com/contact-sales

Return to “Effects”