Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
goldendeathmusic
KVRer

18 posts since 7 Nov, 2006

Postby goldendeathmusic; Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:14 am New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

https://goldendeathmusic.bandcamp.com/track/harmonic-motion-forever

I made some recent additions to the studio and this is the first song I was able to integrate the majority of them into. Most notably, I finally was able to acquire a real tape delay (T-Rex Replicator Jr.) after a lot of time of not having one. I have owned 2 or 3 vintage RE-201's over the years, and had forgotten how amazing real tape sounds! I also just started learning the sax and the tanpura, and have really been enjoying the extra variety of sounds these new instruments have afforded me. Also, after nearly a decade of reading people online rave about the SM7, I finally got one for myself and have been loving the sound of my voice and sax recorded through it. Signal chain for everything you hear is a Rode NTR or the SM7---> UA Twinfinity---> Golden Age Comp-2A---> Tascam UH-7000 using Reaper. All guitars, bass and synth are recorded direct through the same signal chain.

Hope someone out there enjoys!
Vortifex
KVRian

789 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 am Re: New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

I listened, and enjoyed. Good track, well made :tu:
sleepcircle
KVRist

127 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Postby sleepcircle; Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:18 pm Re: New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

hahah! nice. what a trip; may have to buy it.
goldendeathmusic
KVRer

18 posts since 7 Nov, 2006

Postby goldendeathmusic; Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 am Re: New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

Thanks so much for listening and I'm very happy you liked it!
I just finished a video for it if you're interested in checking it out...

https://youtu.be/ABIJyWkjgg0
wagtunes
KVRAF

12639 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:36 am Re: New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Reminds me of late 60s Psychedelic. Very well done.
Eauson
KVRian

742 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 pm Re: New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

This is great, the videos real quality :)
:tu: :party:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
Frantz
KVRAF

4773 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:43 pm Re: New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

Cool! It sounds like a lost George Harrison song from Revolver.

I think the mix could be clearer. You may have gone a little overboard with vintage fuzziness.

The video animation is excellent and fits well with the music.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe