Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Klinke1 wrote:What a clusterfuck.
There's now v9 and v10 at the same time..64bit vst2 v9, vst3 v9, vst2 v10 and vst3 v10.
You forgot the Waves ver. 8, its 32 bit, I've got those bridged to my 64 DAW about a dozen, I never cared to upgrade. Work as well as the ver. 9 stuff.

Since V10 got released, the 'Personal Daily Deals' page on the Waves website keeps showing me plugins I already own (and are already upgraded to V10). Never had this before the release of V10.

So basically this page is completely useless to me now.

Harry_HH wrote:
There's now v9 and v10 at the same time..64bit vst2 v9, vst3 v9, vst2 v10 and vst3 v10.
You forgot the Waves ver. 8, its 32 bit, I've got those bridged to my 64 DAW about a dozen, I never cared to upgrade. Work as well as the ver. 9 stuff.
For some persons this works, as long as it works. Not everyone requires "official" support
For others , they NEED the assurance - to know that our team went over the latest version and tested it with their latest DAW/OS version prior to updating, and that everything behave as well and SOUNDS the same.
We offer this within the scope of each major version (V9 ran from early 2012 until a couple of days ago)

Reefius wrote:Since V10 got released, the 'Personal Daily Deals' page on the Waves website keeps showing me plugins I already own (and are already upgraded to V10). Never had this before the release of V10.

So basically this page is completely useless to me now.
Thanks for this. I've forwarded it to the relevant people - will be fixed asap

YotamL wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
For some persons this works, as long as it works. Not everyone requires "official" support
For others , they NEED the assurance - to know that our team went over the latest version and tested it with their latest DAW/OS version prior to updating, and that everything behave as well and SOUNDS the same.
We offer this within the scope of each major version (V9 ran from early 2012 until a couple of days ago)
I've been Waves client since 2003, since the ver. 7, I own about 80 pugins. NEVER had ANY "assurance" from Waves side during these years. Its been more or less end-users own headache to fight his/her system to work. I must admit the last 5 years have been easier than it use to be :party:

mcbpete wrote:
goldglob wrote:I would have thought that updating a plugin to V10 would overwrite V9?
I don't really want V10 and V9 of the same plugin.
If it's like my setup you'll find that the ones in the V9 folder that you had WUPs for *have* actually been updated to V10 but just kept in that V9 folder. Check the 'about' screen of the relevant plugin (by clicking the Waves logo in the GUI)
Thanks for trying to help but nope, I had checked the 'about' screens and it is how I described; V10 in PlugIns-V10 and V9 (of the same plugin) in PlugIns-V9 and Reaper seeing both and both working.
It seems that the only way to resolve this is to un-install all V9 plugins then re-install the V9 I still want with the offline installer as explained by following the link in Yotami's reply to me above (two posts after your reply)....messy!

YotamL wrote: For some persons this works, as long as it works. Not everyone requires "official" support
Bullshit!?
(Fix the clusterfuck..thx)
- WonderEcho -

So this release is indicative of the several hundred dollars of reassurance that some people pay to ensure that it's been thoroughly tested ?

Here's my experience with the v10 install. I had a fresh TimeMachine just in case, but I was lazy and didn't do a CCC backup...

I'm currently running Logic 9.1.8 and LPX.4.1 in Mac O/S 10.12.6. I had Waves v9.3 installed so that I can use my Waves plugins in both Logic versions. I also have a mix of plugins that are still in WUP and some that are not.

1) I upgraded the licenses for the WUP eligible plugins to v10 via the Waves website
2) I installed the latest version of Waves Central
3) Moved the new v10 licenses to my local machine via Waves Central. FYI - the old v9 licenses had disappeared from the local list. I now have a mix of v9 and v10 licenses. Note that the v10 licenses will authorize v9 plugins.
4) Installed 2 plugins/bundles that are not part of the v9.3 installer (they were released after 9/10/2015) via Waves Central. These are now at v.10 and only work in LPX.
5) Downloaded the offline installer for v9.3 (https://www.waves.com/support/run-waves ... on-logic-9)
6) Installed the v9 plugins that I wanted to be accessible in both version of logic - making sure not to install the 2 that were v10 only (I couldn't since they weren't an option, but if you do have overlaps, make sure to only have one version installed).
7) Tested in both versions of Logic just to be sure!

I'd assume that if you are happy with the v9 versions that you are currently running then all you need to do is steps 1-3. That'll give you the v10 versions in case some nice updates come along, but still let you run v9.

Obviously, this isn't going as smoothly for others, but maybe this will help......

Dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

Hello -
Since I updated to v10, Logic is re-scanning all the Waves plugins on every launch of Logic. It should have only done this the first time after a plugin update. Anyone else experiencing this?
Any solutions?
Thank you.

Just a funny bit from Waves reality: right now, according to Waves site, I can buy Kramer Tape for $29 or I can renew it's WUP for $37.

For a friend of mine who just needed to move from Snow Leopard to El Capitan, the WUP of his Platinum was 199, the upgrade to Diamond was 139... Obvious what we did...

There’s nothing forcing us to update to V10, yet, so we’re not obligated to do so. Personally, I plan to wait until there is more on offer with V10 before I upgrade. I don’t even think 64-bit compatibility is an issue here, as 9.6(??) and onward supports 64-bit anyway.

And new V10 plugins will run beside V9 anyway, at least for now.

One of the biggest issues I’ve seen floating around the net is when people have both the V9 and V10 version of the same plugins installed. That’s just guaranteed to break something. If you’re upgrading make sure you only have one version of the same plugin installed.

Also the V10 upgrade will appear in Central whether you have a valid WUP or not. Don’t install them unless you have current WUP.

virtualpt wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
waltercruz wrote:
cprompt wrote:
From the FAQ:
V9 and V10 can run on the same system, as long as you don't install two versions (V9 and V10) of the same plugin. Each plugin should only be installed in either V9 or V10.

For example: Version 9 of J37 Tape and version 10 of Torque can run on the same system. Version 9 of H-Reverb and version 10 of H-Reverb can't.
Waves Central should handle that, don't?
The process I followed was cumbersome but worked. Basically:

1. Go to the Waves v10 page
2. There's a link there to "upgrade" your licenses or something - follow that
3. Log into your account on the Waves site
4. Select the licenses to update and follow the steps - once updated...
5. Install the newest version of Waves Central and run it once installed
6. Go to the Install option - you'll see your v10 plugins - install those
7. There will be some message somewhere about needing to update your licenses - update the licenses
8. Start your DAW
Just tried this, but results slightly different on my end - LOL
Waves Central shows that I have V10 licences for products still in WUP & 9.2.0 licences for products out of WUP.
Logic says that there is no license for the products that are out of WUP.
Logic's Plugin Manager shows installed version for all Waves products as 9.2.0.

Time to restore some directories from backup!

You are the Boss , Literally 5 hours trying to work out all this shit, was cracking up. I love you dude!!!

Waves launched some kind of organizer for people “mixing” v9 and v10:
https://www.waves.com/support/plugins-a ... ing-to-v10

Return to “Effects”