Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

BONES wrote:DUNE 3 beta started a few weeks ago..
Good to know; thanks for sharing. Dune 2 is an awesome synth, so I'm looking forward to see where Richard and Co bring Dune 3.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Just uploaded a new bank of presets for Legend, on sale for one week :tu:
https://sellfy.com/p/cgXw/
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Richard, would you spill some beans on new VA development? :roll:

There is a new Legend beta. It's not a whole new version but adds a couple of really useful features that extend the instrument's usefulness. Don't quote me but I think it will be a free update. There are a few issues to iron out in it so I'm not sure when it will see a general release but it will definitely be worth waiting for.

Rich and Marcin are definitely working on some other stuff but so far he's been pretty cagey about details with the beta team, so I can't really give you any information on what it might be. But it's Rich so you know that whatever it is, it will be amazing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I hope work on MM, OBXa and P-600 goes smooth. If Rich delivers what he has in mind (Synthex and CS-80 included), I can fock off in peace to my synth heaven.

Isn't that what we all want, after all.

Stringzy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 pm P-600 ... Synthex ... CS-80

I only knew about the Oberheim.

That other stuff is info from a couple of years ago when Rich was just thinking aloud. The impression I got was that he'd pick one of those to work on, not do all of them. But you never know...
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Kevin Schroeder the "KS" of Dune 3 factory patches posted this video recently. If I remember correctly The Legend was born out of Richard having access to a MiniMoog. He and Kevin live in fairly close proximity so.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacnBbbzQwk
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BONES wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 am That other stuff is info from a couple of years ago when Rich was just thinking aloud. The impression I got was that he'd pick one of those to work on, not do all of them. But you never know...
My recollection was that there was a P600 in the works and the Oberheim. These were said to be in development and we actually heard the P600 filter on Gearslutz. There was also a MemoryMoog that need a MIDI retrofit and maybe some other work before it could be considered for later modeling. Would buy all/any of that stuff if on par or better than The Legend.

Look forward to see what the next revision of The Legend brings. If new features are indeed added, I'm hoping to see oscillator Sync (Moog Prodigy had it so why not), more polyphony, and some more modulation options.

In that case you might just be in for a real treat. It may be a little while, though, they have made some big changes under the hood which has broken a couple of things. After he posted those things on Gearslutz he said he still hadn't decided which of them he would concentrate on after D3 was out the door. So it's still very definitely all up in the air.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it!

ive never seen Rich mention a synthex or cs80 anywhere

he has owned the other 3 for quite sometime tho

ive never seen Rich mention a synthex or cs80 anywhere
there you go. he also mentioned Jup-8.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=646
That said pretty much those synths, i.e. the Memorymoog, Jupiter-8, Elka Synthex, Oberheim OB-XA and Prophet-600 (with the Gligli upgrade) are our favorites for future emulations. CS-80 too, though its weight, scarcity and complexity makes it less likely and less practical to emulate.

ah ok, thanks

well he def hasnt got the others (j8, cs80, synthex) , so dont hold your breath :wink:

my money is on the p600

you keep telling me to not hold my breath.

I say, let the man dream.

Return to “Instruments”