Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
evilplazma
KVRist
 
84 posts since 13 Jul, 2011, from outerspace

Postby evilplazma; Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:15 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

Very similar to softube modular: https://vcvrack.com
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4738 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from New Zealand
evilplazma wrote:Very similar to softube modular: https://vcvrack.com

Oh, I didn't know there is a VST version! I thought it is only a standalone!
Great then! Going to run it now and see :)

Edit:
Tried in Reaper and read https://vcvrack.com/manual/Bridge.html but it doesn't work in Reaper. I didn't tried it in another host! Maybe it is not Windows friendly app!
Anyway, let's concentrate on Softube Modular for now ;)
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
generaldiomedes
KVRian
 
502 posts since 14 Apr, 2017, from Canada

Postby generaldiomedes; Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:05 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

EnGee wrote:
evilplazma wrote:Very similar to softube modular: https://vcvrack.com

Oh, I didn't know there is a VST version! I thought it is only a standalone!
Great then! Going to run it now and see :)


The VST bridge only works as an effect for now AFAIK. Frostline posted an excellent summary of how he connected Reaper to VCV Rack.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301957&p=7089508&hilit=vcv+reaper#p7089508

Ultimately, I think someone needs to fork the code to a pure VST version for it to really take off tho.
generaldiomedes
KVRian
 
502 posts since 14 Apr, 2017, from Canada

Postby generaldiomedes; Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:15 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

Teksonik wrote:It's Father's Day. Put the Synths down and spend time with your Family. They are all that really matters.


How did we get from "I want a synth for Father's day" to "I plan to spend all day with my synth and ignore my family" ?
SparkySpark
KVRian
 
1239 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

For any one synth, I would get Omnisphere or something from PPG.

The best deal however should be something from AAS, say Hybrid or Strum Session....or XPand!2 if you call it a synth.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4738 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from New Zealand
generaldiomedes wrote:
EnGee wrote:
evilplazma wrote:Very similar to softube modular: https://vcvrack.com

Oh, I didn't know there is a VST version! I thought it is only a standalone!
Great then! Going to run it now and see :)


The VST bridge only works as an effect for now AFAIK. Frostline posted an excellent summary of how he connected Reaper to VCV Rack.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301957&p=7089508&hilit=vcv+reaper#p7089508

Ultimately, I think someone needs to fork the code to a pure VST version for it to really take off tho.

Thank you for the link, but I don't think I'm going with such a workaround. It seems/sounds really good though! I'll have a go when there is a VSTi format or there is a Linux distro installed in my PC.
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
Try-Harder
KVRer
 
19 posts since 15 May, 2018

Postby Try-Harder; Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

I would say Omnisphere 2. It's expensive, but you won't need anything else after that.
User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
 
11424 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

generaldiomedes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:It's Father's Day. Put the Synths down and spend time with your Family. They are all that really matters.


How did we get from "I want a synth for Father's day" to "I plan to spend all day with my synth and ignore my family" ?


My Mother just died. It has given me a whole new sense of what matters in life and what doesn't. That synth will still be there tomorrow. Never take for granted your loved ones will.......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
User avatar
Vertion
KVRist
 
389 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:26 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

This one gets a: KVR Dad Seal of Approval

I ended up getting Cascade from 112db and am currently listening to a live jam looping 256 bars, running three daisy-chained instances of Cthulhu to generate every aspect of the song. Quick recording for an idea..

https://soundcloud.com/brite1000/chillcascade
BBFG#
KVRAF
 
5333 posts since 28 Apr, 2013
Try-Harder wrote:... Omnisphere 2... you won't need anything else after that.

This always makes me laugh.

But then again, so did the final decision of the OP. (As if it were predetermined before ever posting.)

:lol:
User avatar
Vertion
KVRist
 
389 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:55 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

BBFG# wrote:As if it were predetermined before ever posting.


Life is scripted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4738 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from New Zealand

Postby EnGee; Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:13 pm Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

Vertion wrote:This one gets a: KVR Dad Seal of Approval

I ended up getting Cascade from 112db and am currently listening to a live jam looping 256 bars, running three daisy-chained instances of Cthulhu to generate every aspect of the song. Quick recording for an idea..

https://soundcloud.com/brite1000/chillcascade

Nice piece of music in spite of the sudden end :tu:

First time I heard about Cascade! I don't think I would pay $159 for it, but anyway, if you are happy, this is what's important ;)
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
User avatar
Vertion
KVRist
 
389 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:43 am Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

EnGee wrote:First time I heard about Cascade! I don't think I would pay $159 for it, but anyway, if you are happy, this is what's important ;)


I bought it for 39 bucks from their website.
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4738 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from New Zealand
Vertion wrote:
I bought it for 39 bucks from their website.

Oh that's a good deal! It says $159:
https://www.112db.com/plugins/instruments/cascade/
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
User avatar
Vertion
KVRist
 
389 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 am Re: It's Father's Day KVR, give me your best synth deal!

PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments