Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Caine123 wrote:i got a plugout VST too, maybe we should post on facebook so people see it and they act
They delete comments they don't like on Facebook.

sinemotor wrote:
Caine123 wrote:i got a plugout VST too, maybe we should post on facebook so people see it and they act
hmmmm still we may not stop! imma fight :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

sinemotor wrote:
You mean... they delete troll comments? Really, how dare they?

chk071 wrote:You mean... they delete troll comments? Really, how dare they?
No. I didn't mean troll comments.

chk071 wrote:
sinemotor wrote:
You mean... they delete troll comments? Really, how dare they?
companies troll too, but mostly it should be called ass*ng their customers.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm considering starting a subscription.

However, I think people are saying that while the rented VSTs will be the latest versions when it comes to picking one to keep you will get an older version? Or are we saying you will get the newer version but it then won't be updated any further?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:I'm considering starting a subscription.

However, I think people are saying that while the rented VSTs will be the latest versions when it comes to picking one to keep you will get an older version? Or are we saying you will get the newer version but it then won't be updated any further?
I don't know if anyone has yet got to pick a synth to own from cloud, atleast haven't read about it. Has it been up for a year yet? The synths not being updated are from different store, the content store. They don't seem to have anything to do with the cloud based synths, which is now causing a hassle for those who bought some of the same synths from content store.

I've been emailing with roland about this and they now said that "There hasn't been an announcement made yet as to further upgrades for the Content Store version."

I wrote a super pissed off email to them as I'm now in limbo between two systems. I have albums worth of unfinished stuff running content store plugins and as a cloud subscriber I would naturally want to move on to those synths that are getting updated. The whole situation is making me super angry. I will probably re-install the content store plugins to finish/bounce whatever I have unfinished and then move on cloud and _hope_ roland comes up with a proper compensation as I definitely don't wan't to go back to content store plugins after moving to cloud. A proper compensation would be giving the content store plugins to own from cloud if I ever decide to stop subscribing.

ChamomileShark wrote:I'm considering starting a subscription.

No it is from the Roland content store which was before the cloud versions.
There you could buy licenses for System 1,SH101, SH-2, Promars and System100.

Then the cloud came along and they stopped updating the plugins we bought from the content store and only focused on the Cloud versions.

So if you subscribe you will get updates for the product you choose to own but we who have already bought some of these plugouts before cloud are screwed.

Thanks for clarifying. I can understand why people are annoyed. Are you stuck with the out of focus GUI when you resize and the old knob behaviour?

I'm wondering if this has something to do with it being Roland that have the content store, but the joint venture that runs the cloud service.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:Thanks for clarifying. I can understand why people are annoyed. Are you stuck with the out of focus GUI when you resize and the old knob behaviour?
I don't mind the gui zoom, but would definitely prefer the updated knob behaviour. Mostly I'm just annoyed by the fact that the ones I have spent many hundred euros on and have used extensively are _possibly_ not updated anymore, it's not ideal to continue using such software.

Ikalou wrote:
They sent a survey a couple days ago ("Help us do more for you"). Hopefully enough people used this opportunity to complain about the situation.
Yep I used this survey to give them hell for abandoning the content store versions, which are exactly the same as the cloud versions only with lots of issues and higher cpu. I own the 101 and it doesn’t work like other plugins. It opens a tab on the windows
Taskbar and stays on top even when you open other applications. And given that cloud subscribers get to own a plugin every year, all they need to do is provide the same permanent license as you would get with the cloud after a year. It’s the same damn plugin just with fixes and updates.

So I told them off in the survey. I hope everyone else does too. I let them know I wouldn’t get the cloud even though they sound great, because of how badly they treated content store owners.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Ikalou wrote:
They sent a survey a couple days ago ("Help us do more for you"). Hopefully enough people used this opportunity to complain about the situation.
Yep I used this survey to give them hell for abandoning the content store versions, which are exactly the same as the cloud versions only with lots of issues and higher cpu. I own the 101 and it doesn’t work like other plugins. It opens a tab on the windows
Taskbar and stays on top even when you open other applications. And given that cloud subscribers get to own a plugin every year, all they need to do is provide the same permanent license as you would get with the cloud after a year. It’s the same damn plugin just with fixes and updates.

So I told them off in the survey. I hope everyone else does too. I let them know I wouldn’t get the cloud even though they sound great, because of how badly they treated content store owners.
They had said publicy that they were going to do something 'special' for people who owned the plugins , I had always assumed as they can give perpetual licences (1 free plug in per year) to cloud users and that this was the obvius solution (give the cloud version to previous owners)

I *suspect* they have not worked out how to give the cloud versions (which are just full installable VSTs with a cloud 'licence' system) away with a permanent licence without having piracy or re-sale issues...it must be coming up to a year now- any early cloud adoptors got there free perminent licence yet?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:I *suspect* they have not worked out how to give the cloud versions (which are just full installable VSTs with a cloud 'licence' system) away with a permanent licence without having piracy or re-sale issues...
I don't see why this would be an issue, they don't need to do anything except have the online authorizer always return "authorised" for any plugins you have a permanent license for, regardless of your current subscription status. No changes to the licence system or copy-protection would be needed.

You wouldn't be able to re-sell it since you never "bought" it in the first place - you essentially got it as a perk of having a year's subscription, so I would expect it to be treated like an NFR.

I agree though that the time for issuing "permanent" licenses is coming up, and they should "gift" cloud licences for already owned content-store plugins. Maybe we'll see a resolution as the first Cloud year happens (anyone know what month this would be, out of interest..? I feel like the Roland Cloud has been going for more than a year at this point...)

beely wrote:
SLiC wrote:I *suspect* they have not worked out how to give the cloud versions (which are just full installable VSTs with a cloud 'licence' system) away with a permanent licence without having piracy or re-sale issues...
I don't see why this would be an issue, they don't need to do anything except have the online authorizer always return "authorised" for any plugins you have a permanent license for, regardless of your current subscription status. No changes to the licence system or copy-protection would be needed.

You wouldn't be able to re-sell it since you never "bought" it in the first place - you essentially got it as a perk of having a year's subscription, so I would expect it to be treated like an NFR.

I agree though that the time for issuing "permanent" licenses is coming up, and they should "gift" cloud licences for already owned content-store plugins. Maybe we'll see a resolution as the first Cloud year happens (anyone know what month this would be, out of interest..? I feel like the Roland Cloud has been going for more than a year at this point...)
hi beely, do you have any updates to the conversion? :)

I haven't been counting but as the beta also counted towards the 12 months I suspect many have already earned the loyalty bonus- from FAQ....

How do I check my YOURS loyalty program credits?

Send an email to customer-service@rolandvirtualsonics.com with the subject “YOURS loyalty program credit check”

That said, I think Roland are winging it...remember when it first came on line there were 3 levels of subscription, we are all on the cheapest one!?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”