3ee wrote:
overhauled compression algorithms
overhauled EASY modes
also would like to know about these..
anyway,
Great compressor just got better! :clap: :tu:
thank you!

Well it's basically, what I wrote earlier:
I've been working almost a year on this update. I've learned a lot about compression in the past few years, especially when coding MJUC. That all went into the update and required quite a bit of recoding. I think, the new version has a more natural attack and it's much easier to get good and quick results. With DC8C2 you had to be more careful. Especially the Easy-modes benefit from being more forgiving.

Overall response is smoother. Better handling of extreme settings. Wider sweet spots. Easy modes also have been tweaked to be one-to-one reproducible in Expert mode, which wasn't the case in DC8C2. Smash (and Crush mode which uses Smash) is more direct, distorts nicer than the previous version. And so on... Every part of the compressor has been touched and revamped.

Tony

tonhelm wrote:
lobanov wrote:Hi, Tony, thank you for the update!

I think it's important for you to know, VST3 versions of DC8C3 aren't included in Win "Zip-File". The installer works fine.
Thanks for the heads-up. I've just fixed this and uploaded a new win-zip. The Mac zip already included the VST3.

Tony
:tu:

Nice one ! v2 already my default for vocal and drums duties (one of the best things I ever bought). Lets see how the new boy does...

tonhelm wrote: ...I've been working almost a year on this update. I've learned a lot about compression in the past few years, especially when coding MJUC. That all went into the update and required quite a bit of recoding. I think, the new version has a more natural attack and it's much easier to get good and quick results. With DC8C2 you had to be more careful. Especially the Easy-modes benefit from being more forgiving.

Overall response is smoother. Better handling of extreme settings. Wider sweet spots. Easy modes also have been tweaked to be one-to-one reproducible in Expert mode, which wasn't the case in DC8C2. Smash (and Crush mode which uses Smash) is more direct, distorts nicer than the previous version. And so on... Every part of the compressor has been touched and revamped.
Since I'm very familiar especially with the easy modes, I am noticing that it does seem smoother overall and especially the attack part really shines with oversampling in some more extreme cases..

DC8C was very good before, but I think that with this update, it reached a whole new level in quality! :clap:

Keep up the good work, really curious what would be next from Klanghelm! :)

Why no upgrade pricing Tony, if I remember correctly version 2.0 was a free upgrade as well. We know it takes a lot of time and effort to code and design these things.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Why no upgrade pricing Tony, if I remember correctly version 2.0 was a free upgrade as well. We know it takes a lot of time and effort to code and design these things.
Actually, I was planning on making this is a paid update. However, I've decided against it, because I didn't want to charge for utility features, such as the preset browser and resizing. It wouldn't be fair IMO to charge for this, when the VUMT and SDRR updates got these features for free :)

Tony
Last edited by tonhelm on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DC8C purchased in July 2016 for a bargain price. 2 free major feature updates since release. Thankyou Tony :tu:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

tonhelm wrote:
v1o wrote:Why no upgrade pricing Tony, if I remember correctly version 2.0 was a free upgrade as well. We know it takes a lot of time and effort to code and design these things.
Actually, I was planning on making this is a paid update. However, I've decided against it, because I didn't want to charge for utility features, such as the preset browser and resizing. It wouldn't be fair IMO to charge for this, when the VUMT and SDRR updates got these features for free :)

Tony
Well now that the major updates are done (in that everything has the preset browser and resizable UI), I hope you get out an EQ or something new in the near-ish future so I can at least give you more money then! :party:

In all seriousness, there's just a few companies I just buy things from sight unseen and Klanghelm is one of them. The combination of great sound, great features, and a great customer experience has created a lot of goodwill and brand loyalty from me.

1) Thanks so much for this update!

2) Please set up some kind of donation system on your site. :)

Great. Thanks. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I already have MJUC. Can anyone give me a quick lesson of which other territory this covers?

What is the CPU load like? The previous version was quite demanding with oversampling on...

My favorite compressor just got better.... for free.

Thank you very much!
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

Thanks for the great update! The problem I reported with the meters in Studio One has been resolved :tu:

Return to “Effects”