Just got a survey notice from Novation...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... and... they're asking what kind of software plugin people are most keen on, and what they'd like to see from Novation in future software products. Among effect, mastering, and sample based instrument there is an option to vote for... a soft synth. :) So, they might be a small chance that Novation want to get back into the soft synth business (the last soft synth from them was the V-Station, which is a long way back now). So, ya, thought i'd agitate a little, and ask those who'd like a soft synth from Novation, and who are registered with them, so they get that email, to maybe consider voting for a soft synth. I always was interested in a software version of the Ultranova, but, that'd be only one possible thing, maybe they want to do something completely new, if they do.

chk071 wrote:... and... they're asking what kind of software plugin people are most keen on, and what they'd like to see from Novation in future software products. Among effect, mastering, and sample based instrument there is an option to vote for... a soft synth. :) So, they might be a small chance that Novation want to get back into the soft synth business (the last soft synth from them was the V-Station, which is a long way back now). So, ya, thought i'd agitate a little, and ask those who'd like a soft synth from Novation, and who are registered with them, so they get that email, to maybe consider voting for a soft synth. I always was interested in a software version of the Ultranova, but, that'd be only one possible thing, maybe they want to do something completely new, if they do.
Yes, I replied the same thing. a software emulation of Supernova or Ultranova.
:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

:tu:

I deleted the emails now but the way I read it, the survey was about Plugin Collective, not their own plugins.
Image Image Image Image

I don't think so. Novation doesn't have anything to do with the Focusrite giveaways. Those are exclusive to people owning Focusrite hardware as well. It also says
What would you like to see?
We’re always interested to hear your opinion and we’re particularly interested to know what software you’re most excited by, and what you’d like us to include in any upcoming offers.
OK, not totally clear, but, to me, it sounds like Novation software.

So the purpose of this post is that the OP wants them to make softsynths, so you should also vote for softsynths on his behalf instead of honestly responding to the survey with your own preferences? The whole point of a survey is to gauge what their entire user community is most interested in. Do you really think you’re going to tip the results in your favor by posting this?

(Sorry, I’m in a bad mood today for reasons which have nothing to do with this.)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

We need an update to VST station. Give it some modern features and a GPU update.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

nvmd
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v1o wrote:We need an update to VST station. Give it some modern features and a GPU update.
I doubt they'd change it. V-Station was always made with compatibility to the K-Station and A-Station in mind. AFAIK, they're even patch compatible. I'd rather put my money on something new, or, as i mentioned, a software version of the Ultranova. IF they decide to really get into soft synths again, and this is not some kind of giveaway plan like the Focusrite ones.

chk071 wrote:
v1o wrote:We need an update to VST station. Give it some modern features and a GPU update.
I doubt they'd change it. V-Station was always made with compatibility to the K-Station and A-Station in mind. AFAIK, they're even patch compatible. I'd rather put my money on something new, or, as i mentioned, a software version of the Ultranova. IF they decide to really get into soft synths again, and this is not some kind of giveaway plan like the Focusrite ones.
V-Station could do with a Resizable (Vector) GUI update to accommodate people with high-res screens though. :tu:

Focusrite and Novation sent out almost identical survey emails - Focusrite had red buttons for the answers and Novation blue. The question was the same, answer choices the same.

I already chose 'softsynth' on both :tu:

I didn't get a survey :cry:

But yeah, a software Supernova would be cool.

neverwhere2410 wrote:Focusrite and Novation sent out almost identical survey emails - Focusrite had red buttons for the answers and Novation blue. The question was the same, answer choices the same.
OK, then I doubt that it's about new plugins by either company as well... shame.

On a random note The Red Suite is my favourite go to EQ and Compressor....anywho! :wheee:

Return to “Instruments”