Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

Ghost Dog wrote:This thread would be a lot nicer if we were reading about the UI improvements, instead of seeing all the bickering. :D
Unfortunately, there are no UI improvements we can talk about :(
Fernando (FMR)

The problem is that we all want different things and too few people around here are able to take anyone else's logic on board, so they revert to childish behaviour in order to protect themselves from the possiblity of cognitive dissonance. It's just the way people are these days.

The only issues I have with the current UIs is that the text is too small on some of them, Mono/Poly and PolySix especially, which comes from them slavishly copying the hardware's front panel, but the overall size is one of the things I like most about the plugins because it makes them much easier to work with.
thecontrolcentre wrote:Thanks for pointing out how smart you are. I doubt I would have noticed otherwise.
Right, because that's exactly what I wanted you to take from the comment. Put your pathetic ego aside for a moment, read the substance (pun intended) of what I said and see if we can't all make these forum better for everyone.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'd like the Odyssey as a Reason RE. I recently switched over to Reason and while I can use the VST just fine, it would be super cool to be able to have it in the rack and the bits accessable to all of Reason's routings.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Aloysius wrote:
BONES wrote:Did you notice how I managed to reply to your post without having to quote what you said? Don't you think these threads are long enough without needless stupidity like that?
+1
:lol:

Well, I'm pushing the chair forward whenever I load Polysix or Mono/Poly. ARP Odyssey is ok but the real problem is MS-20 with its scrollable GUI. Is it that difficult to just delete the scroll bar and leave the whole window open? I'm not talking about enlargement or any modification.

I really love the MS-20. I might just buy the mini hardware and be done with it (although no presets saving of course, still less complicated than a bigger modular or Euro racks).

Yeah, that is something that has never made sense. It's like it was designed for VGA res monitors or something.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Thanks for pointing out how smart you are. I doubt I would have noticed otherwise.
Right, because that's exactly what I wanted you to take from the comment. Put your pathetic ego aside for a moment, read the substance (pun intended) of what I said and see if we can't all make these forum better for everyone.
My pathetic ego? That's hilarious coming from you. There is no need for personal insults. Lets see if we can't all make these forums better for everyone.

BONES wrote:Yeah, that is something that has never made sense. It's like it was designed for VGA res monitors or something.
Yes, it is exactly for 800x600 resolution. I have just tested now, it fits perfectly! This was the SVGA resolution for mostly the 15" monitors back in the day. I remember that resolution very well with my "state of the art" 2mb graphic card :hihi:
Korg grow up please!

EnGee wrote:Well, I'm pushing the chair forward whenever I load Polysix or Mono/Poly. ARP Odyssey is ok but the real problem is MS-20 with its scrollable GUI. Is it that difficult to just delete the scroll bar and leave the whole window open? I'm not talking about enlargement or any modification.

I really love the MS-20. I might just buy the mini hardware and be done with it (although no presets saving of course, still less complicated than a bigger modular or Euro racks).
Yeah, agree that these sound great, as the Arp does. Arp GUI seems to be optimized for the scrollmouse. I haven't found how to change the site with the ordinary mouse.

EnGee wrote:
BONES wrote:Yeah, that is something that has never made sense. It's like it was designed for VGA res monitors or something.
Yes, it is exactly for 800x600 resolution. I have just tested now, it fits perfectly! This was the SVGA resolution for mostly the 15" monitors back in the day. I remember that resolution very well with my "state of the art" 2mb graphic card :hihi:
Korg grow up please!
They are pretty small on my HD monitor (1920 by 1080), so I can’t imagine how they are when using an UHD monitor. :?

Examigan wrote:They are pretty small on my HD monitor (1920 by 1080), so I can’t imagine how they are when using an UHD monitor. :?
Each knob is one pixel? :D

Ghost Dog wrote:
Examigan wrote:They are pretty small on my HD monitor (1920 by 1080), so I can’t imagine how they are when using an UHD monitor. :?
Most likely.. :hihi:

Examigan wrote:
Ghost Dog wrote:
Most likely.. :hihi:
Just to respond literally to a joke:

The knobs would still be the same number of pixels. It's just that the pixels will be smaller and closer together on the UHD display. The only time the number of pixels used to make a bitmap changes is when you scale the image to enlarge or shrink it in number of pixels (basically sampling the content and recreating it with a different number of dots).

Changing resolutions doesn't scale bitmaps, only the presentation of their components on screen. The LCD might use multiple hardware pixels to represent individual bitmap pixels, if the LCD is running in a non-native mode (low resolution), and then it's basically scaling the whole screen as an image. This is why LCD is sharpest in its native resolution and blurry when reduced (the sampling algorithm creates the blur, otherwise there'd be notable aliasing as square pixel elements are made larger).

A CRT doesn't do this because the pixels themselves are drawn by the electron gun, rather than being set by hardware (as in LCD cells). On CRT, pixel size is dynamic; it changes as the resolution changes (within limits). An LCD has to emulate this by using more LCD cells to create larger bitmap pixels.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I have an idea, but not sure it can work!

If I have 2 monitors, one is FHD (1080p) and one is just HD (720p). Now let's say I run my host and other VSTi (say ARP Odyssey) on the FHD and Mono/Poly on the HD. Now, will I be able to see every monitor with its native resolution simultaneously? Can I configure Windows to show two resolutions (one on each monitor)?

Of course you can.

Harry_HH wrote:Yeah, agree that these sound great, as the Arp does. Arp GUI seems to be optimized for the scrollmouse. I haven't found how to change the site with the ordinary mouse.
Mate, seriously, it's 2018, get yourself a scrollwheel mouse. You can get them for as little as $2 on eBay.

Return to “Instruments”