Which u-he product to use the newsletter voucher on?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

twitewhite wrote:
I have Zebra already, but I want to buy another to compliment it. Which would best provide sounds that Zebra can't make?
Depends on the sounds you want...

I would pick Bazille because it does stuff no other u-he synth can. But someone might like Diva or RePro more.

I'm glad I have them all!!

perpetual3 wrote:
#rob wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
Stefken wrote:When buying Zebra 2 can you combine this voucher with the Dinosaur crossgrade?
Yes, would also like to know about this.
No, it's not possible. The Share-It cart only allows use of one coupon code per purchase, not a stack of several.
So then it’s possible for U-He to generate a new coupon code for those who submit a dinosaur crossgrade to also include the 25% coupon?
My thoughts exactely. Should be a piece of cake for an IT company that programs complex emulations.

Thanks everyone for showing interest in the topic and for providing valuable feedback! Think I'm gonna land on Zebra this time, can't resist its allure :love:

Stefken wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
#rob wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
Stefken wrote:When buying Zebra 2 can you combine this voucher with the Dinosaur crossgrade?
No, it's not possible. The Share-It cart only allows use of one coupon code per purchase, not a stack of several.
So then it’s possible for U-He to generate a new coupon code for those who submit a dinosaur crossgrade to also include the 25% coupon?
My thoughts exactely. Should be a piece of cake for an IT company that programs complex emulations.
I would love the double discount, but most companies don't allow that, which makes sense... they need to make money to stay in business! I don't want u-he to spend all their valuable time dealing with custom coupon codes and complex tax stuff - I don't mind paying a few more bucks to make things simpler for them. I'd rather get Colour Copy and Diva 2 sooner... OK, I AM totally pissed off that I can't use my voucher on Colour Copy! Bastards! :lol:

abernathy wrote:
Stefken wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
#rob wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
I would love the double discount, but most companies don't allow that, which makes sense... they need to make money to stay in business! I don't want u-he to spend all their valuable time dealing with custom coupon codes and complex tax stuff - I don't mind paying a few more bucks to make things simpler for them. I'd rather get Colour Copy and Diva 2 sooner... OK, I AM totally pissed off that I can't use my voucher on Colour Copy! Bastards! :lol:
With their new pricing scheme, they will be collecting lots of tax from US Customers who otherwise wouldn’t be legally to pay it. So, this provides an additional revenue stream which they could use to offset the cost of the double discount.

The dinosaur crossgrade is a ...crossgrade.

You already got the crossgrade so if you can't combine you are actually saying the coupon is not valid for Zebra 2.

perpetual3 wrote:
twitewhite wrote:And also, I just read that they will be switching all their store currencies to Euro starting July. Is this going to make things more or less expensive for someone purchasing using US dollars?
More

Yeah, that's what I feared. I suppose I'll have to purchase before July then.

perpetual3 wrote:With their new pricing scheme, they will be collecting lots of tax from US Customers who otherwise wouldn’t be legally to pay it. So, this provides an additional revenue stream which they could use to offset the cost of the double discount.
Urs stated that "We have no advantage from this. We gain nothing, we actually lose money. But we see no other way to comply with laws." I believe that are handling this the best way they can. But... how much do we think US prices will increase?

Are there new EU laws regarding pricing and currencies?
If they end the old dollar = euro and w/ VAT = w/o VAT nuisance, that's fine with me :tu:

abernathy wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:With their new pricing scheme, they will be collecting lots of tax from US Customers who otherwise wouldn’t be legally to pay it. So, this provides an additional revenue stream which they could use to offset the cost of the double discount.
Urs stated that "We have no advantage from this. We gain nothing, we actually lose money. But we see no other way to comply with laws." I believe that are handling this the best way they can. But... how much do we think US prices will increase?

Aha. Well, I apologize I missed that part that they are losing money. It seems so strange to me that they don’t use a shopping cart solution which just taxes according to billing address and then provides a file which can easily be used by accounting software, but they know something I don’t.

Sucks for US consumers, but thems the breaks I guess.

BeeDog wrote: I only have Repro so far, a great synth that's easy-to-use and leads to good results fairly quickly.

Zebra is a great all-rounder.

Bazille is an absolute beast, but does come with a higher learning curve and is more specific in its approach / sound (phase distortion / FM style synthesis). But, it's truly an incredible and unique instrument.

I'd go for one of those two. both = endless depth and possibility.

-M

Did not receive the letter subscription confirmation email.
Spam folder already checked of course.

That's ridiculous. Totally twisted.

Urs wrote:
That's ridiculous. Totally twisted.
Urs, I already apologized for this post above after someone said you will be losing money over all. In this case, I don’t understand what’s going on to force you to change how you price your products.

But, if that’s not the case, then it’s not twisted. I’m sorry, I know you’re not going to go in detail about how and why you made this decision, and I don’t expect you too. But as I and someone else also mentioned - US customers will be paying more tax than they are legally obligated too - in many cases US consumers don’t pay any sales tax at all - whether that’s a Share-it issue or not. That means that you’ll have extra income from those US customers, since US customers will now be paying the VAT tax, but you won’t have to declare that tax since they are US sales.

So, since I was assuming that you would be losing money by changing your pricing scheme (a reasonable assumption - it’s not usual that a business changes it’s pracrices if it’s going to cause a loss), then it follows logically that you would have extra income.

Again, another user informed me that you’re actually losing money, so I apologized and am apologizing now since, despite any reasonableness, my assumption was wrong.

Finally, you don’t have to use share it. There are many online payment solutions. I’m sure there is a solution that just calculates the appropriate tax based on billing address and creates a file easily imported by off-the-shelf tax software or an accountant.

Part of your answer is on the website:
(* When Urs started the shop back in 2002, the Euro was so new that he decided to quote prices in USD. Today it makes more sense for a European company to choose the Euro, including VAT, as new legislation urges us to do that. We could have devised a technical solution, but that wouldn't have been easy. Besides, we would rather spend the time developing plug-ins!)

Quite frankly u-he synths are imho underpriced. Yes I said it, the original versions usually sound better than most if not all competitors, then you also get years of free add ons, extra patches etc that many if not most other developers charge you for.
Not to mention he always have a pre-release discount.

Think of it as a price increase......To me 15% more they still are more than worth it, if they dont' for you, well then don't...
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”